Alliance Inspection Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Greedy business tactics
Automotive Inspector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
There's an unrealistic expectation to perform with slim to no chances of proportional compemsation. Dispatch is inept and ruins rapport with customers. Managers are there to chastise and micromanage, instead of direct and support. Equipment failures are common along with unrealistic expectation of equipment performance. Work related activities such as training and vehicle maintenance are stressed to be completed asap, and no time is allowed to complete on the clock and employees are expected to complete on their own time. Over all things declined with changes implemented by management and short staffing upon taking a new contract in order to bolster profits.
Pros
The work itself is simple
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Place to work - look else where.
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 7, 2018
They work people to death. They don't have enough people. Management expects that you work as many hours as they say and just don't care about how many hours you work, it is a mentality coming from upper management. Every day there is some kind of panic. On the plus side, there are some great people working there. Management actually does a good job selecting people. I had some great co-workers. The only redemption for this company is a complete change of management (mostly) but that is not going to happen.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Terrible Management.
I would not recommend this company
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsburg, MIJuly 19, 2018
This company makes changes to work required and pay that negatively impacts employees. The compensation I was hired in at changed dramatically causing me to leave. There was no consideration to rural Field Service Managers when the pay plan was changed. It was directed toward Field Service Managers who worked in a city.
Great place to start. Enthusiastic mentors in Management Group
Human Resources Specialist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 30, 2018
Great place to work if you are in corporate. Management takes the time to teach you and are always willing to help you if you have any questions. Great people to work with. Office environment is mostly lighthearted and enjoyable; there is rarely any drama.
Good place to learn the trade
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504June 25, 2018
Company has decent training, the management at my location is fair, usually get to work 40+ hours. Benefits begin to accrue after 90-days, uniforms are provided.
Pros
Good place to learn about vehicle structural components.
Cons
Work conditions can be rough.
Nice environment to work in. Very relaxed atmosphere but you have to do your job.
Auto Inspector - Port Authority (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 22, 2018
You come to do a job and get it done. It is a very easy and relaxed job but you have to be on top of your job. You can not slack or you will definitely be reprimanded.
Pros
relaxed and comfortable atmosphere
Cons
standing the entire time and no bathroom
Productive and hands on learning experience
Car Inspector/Field service manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 19, 2018
inspect vehicles, I've learned about the many different parts of the vehicle and how to price out the damages for each named part. Very interesting work and always something new to learn.
benefits
Up and down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 29, 2018
While working at AIM there were several changes being made which made it hard for my guus to get in a rhythm to do their job more productively. The good times were highlights and the downs were real low.
Fredom
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2018
This was a good place to work when I was there. You had the independence to start your day from home, and work at your own pace. The auditing aspect can get stressful, be prepared to ruin dealership employees days when you show up unannounced.
Great company to work for
Auction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMay 5, 2018
Great company with room to grown and move up with great potential for pay advancement. Must be a hard worker and motivated and driven to succeed. Inspect cars per insight guidelines and if you inspect more than 400 cars a month you get an auction bonus which is a percentage of what you make AIM
difficult and stressful environment.
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
A production meeting on how things went the day before( if there were any arbitrations on car's inspected or captured) the volume of cars inspected and captured, etc.I would perform an eight point inspection on 15 to 20 vehicles each day, part of which included taking pictures(camera card processed by Manheim Employees).
You won't find easier work for the money
Condition Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAApril 30, 2018
Lots of different people, most everyone gets along. the space is big enough that you can be a loner or socialize with awesome and quirky people. You truly never know what you will see come through the building. Rather laid-back. Only unfortunate part is the daily possibility of your shift being extended by an hour or two and bad weather, if you are one of the lucky people that captures (takes pictures) of cars outside.
A lot of people complain about management but for me, I will never find another support system as great as I had here.
Pros
Atmosphere, beautiful cars, quirky people, occasional free food
Cons
Weather, trashed cars, occasional drama
typical day
Supervisor Train Inspector (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 20, 2018
go in inspect the train make sure no seals were broken if they were report it .inspect all vehicals inside for damage or srolen property.hardest part is working in hot,cold,rainy days.best part for me was i got along with all my co workers,they made day go by faster
Good company to work for.
Automotive Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2018
A good employer to work for, benefits are good, and management is supportive to you. Great system for accomplishing what they do.
Co workers are helpful and supportive of new hires. Work culture is very good. The only con is that compensation for what you do should be a little more.
Somewhat boring, moving toward an Agile dev process
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 8, 2018
In the 7 months I worked at AiM on a contract there was not a lot of work to do. The process was overbearing, resulting in a lot more paperwork than development. Also it was very manual and prone to problems.
Pros
Not a lot of stress, except trying to figure out what to put on my timesheet, moving toward being more Agile
Cons
Not much work, growing pains, a lot of push and pull between management and upper management
Fine job but poor management.
Auction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 5, 2018
If you’re looking for a job just to make a check this is a fine place. But there is zero room for advancement and you can tell it’s not based on competence either. You’ll quickly realize the people who know the most are at the same level as you. They also like to pretend there is a lot to do even if there is not. Basically there is a system that says you should level up every so many months and get raises every so often but they have not implemented them in any way and don’t really track it very well. Overall pretty disappointing
Pros
Good pay, some cool cars
Cons
No advancement, poor management, poor time management
New Car Inspector Summary
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2018
I worked for AiM ten years. I started at $10 per hour and worked my way to management leaving with almost 50k a year. A generous 401k. The position could be demanding but fair with a great benefits and a fantastic HR dept. I only left because of a new manager that did not have the skill set and people skills required for the position.
Pros
advancement oppurtunites, pay increases, good benifits, fair hours
Cons
Poor manager
Great for younger person/single person
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2018
I was working for AiM under salary. It was a low salary, but decent for my age. In all honesty, this position was a dream come true for me. I was young, single and wanted to travel. I was given a company vehicle, plus unlimited gas mileage, insurance and free maintenance (an expense taken out of my check of course). I was going everywhere; Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas, Kansas, Missouri, Montana. . . I saw amazing places. Hotel and food were all paid for via company american express ($50 a day). At the time, they didnt install gps devices in the vehicles like they do now. So you can believe that i abused the power of free gas. I went everywhere, i even got a part time position delivering food, plus part time gig as uber driver. I didnt pay for gas, so i made every cent from those two pt jobs. There were a couple of reasons i left.
One, is that there was no room for advancement in my area. The only higher position i could apply and receive, would be the actual manager itself, which they already hired one shortly after i started.
Reason 2, i was away from home for 5 days a week. I was in another state for 5 days a week. I didnt have a family at the time, but i was considering my future, and i couldnt afford to be away 5 days a week.
Thirdly, the change the pay from salary, to hourly, plus decreased my pay by over 75cents i believe. So that was the main killer. I worked salary, so i got paid for 8hrs, no matter how little or late i stayed. I never, NEVER worked a full 8hrs. I usually finished my route within 3-5 hours, and spent the rest
  more... of the time at a nice restaurant or state park. Now they wanted me to work a full day to get paid for it? There wasnt enough work for a full day, so i knew if i stayed, id be a part timer.
And lastly, they wanted to install gps devices in all vehicles, so that alone would have cut into my other 2 gigs as well. So i had enough, decrease pay, lesser hours. . . Not the path i wanted to go down.
I loved the job. Its a great job for a younger person with no other family obligations.
Pros
Free travel, get to see new places, free food
Cons
Low pay. NO room for advancement unless you relocate.
Company is demanding with High Expectations with little pay
Independent Inspector for Lease Returns (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 20, 2018
I was approached by a head hunter and offered the position. The immediate supervisor was great, but that is where it stopped. The company does your daily schedule and dispatching; WITHOUT A CLUE as to your particular area and the conditions (ie. traffic, geography, etc.) They did not offer a vehicle nor any perks, put 33k miles on my personal vehicle in one year. By the time you calculate all the "expenses"-- and the hours/ you are working for less then minimum wage... Stressful and Uncaring----
STEER CLEAR!!!!!!!!
Mixed feelings
CR Writer (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAFebruary 28, 2018
Overall, this is a good job. You learn a lot about cars, their options, and their structural components. Pay is good to start, but the yearly raises aren't very big and it isn't easy to get a bonus. After two years, you get 2 weeks of vacation, which is nice. The benefits are very good, they go through Aetna.
There are positions for advancement, but they almost all require either moving or the patience for a position to open here. The local management works hard and they do a good job considering how overworked (and probably underpaid) they always seem to be. I've been to other locations and this is by far the most organized and best managed location. If you are going to work for AIM at an auction, this is the one to be at. Corporate is out of touch and make questionable decisions all the time. They never come to our location so they don't seem to know anything about how we operate. They don't take into account that every Manheim location acts like a franchise and the situations in each are differently. Especially this one because it is the largest by far.
A lot of the work is outside, so winter and summer can be rough. The amount of hours we get varies based on the number of cars coming in. Winter and fall are the busiest and we have to work mandatory long hours sometimes. Summer is the slowest which means fewer hours and smaller paychecks. Most of the time we make 40, but management gives us volunteer overtime options if we want more hours.
The other employees can get dramatic and whiny, but are pleasant for the most part. As long as you do your job, the managers don't
  more... care if you socialize while doing it. If you want to be left alone, you can put in headphones and zone out to your work. There is a lot of turnover, but most of it is because of bad attendance. It seems like we get understaffed because of this, then hire a bunch of people just for half of them to work out. I don't recommend applying if you are lazy or don't show up on time.
It's an incredibly easy job once you get used to it and the training is good. Manheim makes us change things all the time, but they aren't ever really a big deal. It's just the nature of the business.
Oh, and we get weekends off which is awesome
Pros
Benefits, local management, hours, weekends off, easy work, learning about new cars, potential career opportunity
Cons
Corporate sucks and is out of touch, raises aren't huge, working outside