Alliance Inspection Management Employee Reviews

horrible management and poor pay
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJFebruary 15, 2019
This company has gone through 5 managers in 3 years. Upper management is not helpful, unappreciative, and extremely rude.Pay is not nearly enough to cover cost of living nor worth it for the amount of work that is expected and definitely not worth dealing with the management.
Pros
Cons
no breaks just half hour lunch, unfair/unequal pay
All work is performed outside, we had no job security due to the auctions feelings about our company
Condition Reporting Inspector (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 11, 2019
The auction location had bias against the company itself which made it stressful for all of our employees. Our entire team was told on 2 occasions that we no longer had jobs there and then retracted that information.
Pros
regular hours, good pay
Cons
no job security, outside work
I stuck to myself.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Working at AIM was fine. I liked a lot of the people and got along with certain people quite well but it was hard to get along with some people because the older people act like children and Management could use some fixing like how they treat other people who work with them but other than that I got payed very well and the job was quite easy. A typical day of work was getting there at 7:30, logging on, going over some of the lists that I had done the previous day, calling customers and sometimes answering calls in the call que, working until 5-6 at night then going home and doing it all over the next day.
Pros
Smoke breaks, store downstairs with a lot of food
Cons
Some people act like they’re still in high school
Needs work on time management
Vehicle Inspector (Level 3) (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 2, 2019
Co workers where great. Management didn't know how to micro manage and split work evenly. The company expected weeks worth of work done in a days time.
Could be a fun place to work.
Dispatcher 1 (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 24, 2018
not a fun place to work. supervision would ignore you if you did not suck up to them that was the way to advance in the company. I really don't have anything good to say about this company.
inspecting for the most part is really easy job
vehicle inspector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2018
for the most part the actual job is really easy but the company and the management make it stressful most of the time if you are looking to just get as many hours as you can and dedicate your life to the auction is the place for you
Overworked and underpaid
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MobileNovember 17, 2018
Poor Management, overworked, undervalued, poor communication and time manipulation encouraged by Upper Management. If you look at the majority of the reviews, morale is low mostly due to Poor Management.
Pros
I'm employed
Cons
AIM is my Employer
I chose not to anser this question at this time.
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 28, 2018
I chose not to answer this question at this time. I am currently an employee their and I do not wish to answer this question. Thank you for understanding.
Not a bad company, not so good management
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  MontanaOctober 28, 2018
Loved the job, hated the everyday driving. Here in Montana, everything is a drive, great during the late spring, summer, and early fall, but the drive from my office to Libby, Mt. In the ice and snow, 16hours one-way. I would work for them again, just not under the same manager. Lack of communication. Its hard to call and talk to anyone, they prefer email.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Icy roads (not the companys fault)
Good benefits , not enough pay, no advancing
Auto Damage Auction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2018
the company offers good benefits , however the pay is not enough ,the atmosphere is good , and interesting if you like cars but there is no room for advancing
working outside in harsh conditions , opportunity to travel ,
Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAOctober 6, 2018
working outside in harsh conditions , opportunity to travel , fair pay not many career advancements , appraising cars , tough book work , not a bad job but not a career
Will keep you away from family and friends
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 4, 2018
This job had me traveling out of state every other day and required me to be back home that night. They require you to be available from 7am until 7pm or later. With you being on the road for 4-5 hours or long every day.
Cons
12 hour work days for little pay.
Was not a company long enough to give valid opinion
Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Company had multiple computer and devices to complete work. Requirements changed for each device and made difficult to reconcile requirements for various requirements.
Pros
Not tied to desk
Cons
Too much equipment and differences in requirements for each
Do Not Work Here
Automotive damage inspector (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2018
Apsolutly the worse job I ever had. If you like Micro management by a Pack of know it all Kids , or pay so low you can hardly afford gas in your car , or lunch then this place is for you.
I could not get out of that job fast enough. Maybe this is a good job for some one living with their perents???
Greedy business tactics
Automotive Inspector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
There's an unrealistic expectation to perform with slim to no chances of proportional compemsation. Dispatch is inept and ruins rapport with customers. Managers are there to chastise and micromanage, instead of direct and support. Equipment failures are common along with unrealistic expectation of equipment performance. Work related activities such as training and vehicle maintenance are stressed to be completed asap, and no time is allowed to complete on the clock and employees are expected to complete on their own time. Over all things declined with changes implemented by management and short staffing upon taking a new contract in order to bolster profits.
Pros
The work itself is simple
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Place to work - look else where.
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 7, 2018
They work people to death. They don't have enough people. Management expects that you work as many hours as they say and just don't care about how many hours you work, it is a mentality coming from upper management. Every day there is some kind of panic. On the plus side, there are some great people working there. Management actually does a good job selecting people. I had some great co-workers. The only redemption for this company is a complete change of management (mostly) but that is not going to happen.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Terrible Management.
I would not recommend this company
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsburg, MIJuly 19, 2018
This company makes changes to work required and pay that negatively impacts employees. The compensation I was hired in at changed dramatically causing me to leave. There was no consideration to rural Field Service Managers when the pay plan was changed. It was directed toward Field Service Managers who worked in a city.
Steady work
AUCTION LEAD (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2018
Lots of overtime, sometimes too much. You work outside, it can be great when the weather is good, but when it’s not it kinda sucks. The pay is ok, but they’ll work you to death sometimes.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
Work outside
Great place to start. Enthusiastic mentors in Management Group
Human Resources Specialist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 30, 2018
Great place to work if you are in corporate. Management takes the time to teach you and are always willing to help you if you have any questions. Great people to work with. Office environment is mostly lighthearted and enjoyable; there is rarely any drama.
Good place to learn the trade
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504June 25, 2018
Company has decent training, the management at my location is fair, usually get to work 40+ hours. Benefits begin to accrue after 90-days, uniforms are provided.
Pros
Good place to learn about vehicle structural components.
Cons
Work conditions can be rough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Inspection Management. Our community is ready to answer.