Alliance Life Sciences Employee Reviews

On the decline
Director, Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 8, 2016
Alliance employs some very talented people, however, it is a company in decline. Management's inability to define a vision plus recent layoffs have morale at an all time low. Due to recent layoffs, employees are asked to work on multiple client engagements. This approach seriously compromises the quality of work.
Pros
flexibility to work remote, talented people
Cons
low morale, job security, work/life balance
Two Words: RUN AWAY
Consulting Manager - Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2015
I was laid off by Alliance Life Sciences after 5.5 years of work. I was billable 99.8% of that time (not including vacation time, weekends): I billed at or over 40 hours a week for 50 weeks a year for all but 3 days of my 5.5 years at the company.

I was laid off 2 weeks before Christmas... 3.5 weeks before I could be hired by any other firm (nobody hires a salaried position at the end of December). They gave me 3 weeks of severance. After 5.5 YEARS of 99.8% billable service.

During the time I was there, I got 2 performance reviews (both exceeds goals). What happened to the other 3 reviews that I was due? Who knows... they didn't care about employee development.

During the 5.5 years there, I received ZERO training or skill development? Why? Because they don't care. When they don't need you and your skills are obsolete, they just throw you away.

My salary was fair for my level of education, years of experience and certification.

If this is an example of how they treat an employee who 'exceeds goals' and rakes in fistfull of cash for the firm year after year, how do you think they treat everyone else.

Two words.... RUN AWAY!
Pros
Salary
Cons
No corporate strategy, no heart, management that chases the latest thing like a kitten chases wiggled string.
Good Company with niche areas of expertise
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote/Onsite (GA, NY, IL, MA, NJ)May 1, 2014
Good Life/Work Balance as a traveling consultant. Knowledgeable project teams, and smaller project teams to utilize each person's skills and allow for cross training. Good work experience.

I learned about Contract Management and Managed Care/Analytics and I was able to bring my expertise to the table and make the implementation process more effective and lessened risk.

Great co-workers that I was fortunate enough to work with at another employer.
Pros
Great team to work with, good clients, great experience
Cons
No real career path upward built into their system, which impacts raises, bonuses, etc