Alliance Occupational Medicine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very nice place
Volunteer Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I did my externship here as a medical assistant. I loved the people there. you use all your skills you learned in school. The location is easy to find.
Pros
I only worked as an extern
Cons
nothing
Very enjoyable
Medical Assistant extern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 24, 2017
Fast paced work environment, easy to get along with coworkers, Dr's were very easy to work with. Management was very accommodating. The culture of the office was very relaxed and everyone knew what there job was.
As an extern hard place to work
Clinical Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 25, 2017
Alliance Occupational Medicine as a company was a fine place to work. As an extern I did not learn as much as I thought I would for my clinical externship. They had us do a lot of filing and reminder calling for patients. I got to shadow other medical assistants to see what they do. I got to see one give a TB shot. I got to see others do vital signs and eye tests.
Pros
The staff was nice.
Cons
Did not get to do vital signs on a patient myself
fun place
Externship (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2017
always kept you busy, never was really any downtime to do the little things that were also were requires, really fun people to work with, they help you out a lot
!
Awesome service!
Externship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 30, 2017
Manager usually traveled from one location to another, we would hardly see him. I had a coordinator for my externship and he was super nice. I like the staff there as well. Work is normal. We do what a typical medical assistant would do: files charts, laundry, help out PTs, room patients, take vitals, prep rooms, etc. I likd my externship and working with the staff there a lot.
Pros
Friendly staff
Externship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2017
when I stated going this for my externship it stated fine I was excited on learning new thing. the people there wasn't all nice even thought I try to be nice to them.
Pros
the timing
Cons
the people the work there
Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Very great place to learn about people. This is not the best place for a student because most cases can't be handled because they are federal test. Also think that students should have a mentor that is given time to teach. I would also like if the place can have a lot of people available to shadow.
Pros
Busy, great break schedule
Cons
Not enough training, not enough work. Request that the break room is much bigger, also cleaner
Not alot of experience
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2016
Never got the chance to be able to do hands on patients. Managment was very unprofessional. I wish I would have been able to learn more.
Exceptional for the working class
Medical Assistant extern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2016
Great place to work, fun, fast paced, happy to keep clients healthy and in great shape to continue work, occasional injuries that needed tending too. Great team of people to work with.
Pros
great people, pot lucks
Cons
Productive place to work.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 7, 2016
Working for alliance is great. Not only do you get paid for working here but also learn a lot while working. Manager are great.
very productive place
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2016
This was a great learning experience to be able to do internship here for this company. They are very patient and kind and I learned a lot in just a few months working with them
Very Unorganized
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 1, 2016
Lacks lots of consistency and professionalism. No determination of self initiative amount employees. Lack of proper training to staff members.
Productive place to work at
Externship On-the-Job Training (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day would be depends on where they want you that day. I could be at the front desk answer/making calls or at the occupational therapy room or in the back. I learned how to work in the medical environment.
Pros
Lots of food all the time
Summary of Alliance Occuational Medicine Medical Assitant duties
Intern Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Monterey road 1901January 9, 2015
Stationed primarily at the Physical Therapy department of Alliance Occupational Medicine as an Intern. Typical duties in my department were to translate for providers sign in patients, greet patients, perform paraffin wax, therapeutic ultrasound, removal of therapeutic electrodes, and keep the facility clean.

Coworkers were very helpful in teaching me the routine. Always had its constant flow of patients, though we did have our busy days.

The most enjoyable was associating with patients and knowing that we are a part of alleviating their conditions.
Pros
Small intimate facility with patients. Always the same faces. Sometimes new.
Cons
Not a huge learning environment for an MA in Physicial Therapy.
Very Busy Place To Work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 10, 2013
I didnt get a chance to be part of there staff, but it was a very busy place to work at. The physical therapy doctors were very friendly and willing to help you learn. The manayer seemed very quiet and did not communicate too much. He seemed mad with some of the volunteers. Maybe with time he would open up more.
Pros
busy time went fast
Cons
didnt get the job
very diligent at teaching.
Back Office/Front Office/Extern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 5, 2013
I externed at this facility and from what i gathered there, the workers are great and very knowledgable.
Internship
Medical Billing and Coding Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 6, 2013
• Scan EOBs/Authorizations and attach Authorizations to patients EMR using STIX software
• Insurance company interface on patient claims
• Sort through EOB’s and distribute to appropriate staff
• Tally insurance checks using Excel
• Coordinate patient encounter and claim preparation
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 18, 2013
staff members are nice. I learned a lot of things that I did not had a chance to study in my school. the hardest part of my job was to find charts because they are every where in alliance. and the most enjoyable part of my job was in the back office taking patients for physical test.
Productive fun working enviorenment with friendly co-workers
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara CaliforniaMay 22, 2013
I enjoyed working here for my externship for school. The time went by so fast while I was there. The other employees there were so nice and able to help with any questions I had.
Productive and team work is key.
Medical Administrative Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Arrive at work, each worker knows their responsibilities and what needs to done.I'd learn and gain experiences at the same time for the Billing and Coding Department. My co-workers were very friendly and and help each other-really excellent at team work.
Pros
team work, friendly
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Occupational Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Alliance Occupational Medicine Reviews by Location