Alliance Residential Company Employee Reviews

There are better builder developers out there
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2019
Not too impressed with my time at Alliance. Under paid and under staffed jobs. Lack of organization and management does not support their superintendents. The pay was alright but not for the amount of hours needed to manage the job.
Pros
Beautiful buildings with high end finishes
Cons
Under staffed, therefore under paid. Lack of organization. Superintendents are not supported by upper management.
Fun place to work, managers very supportive
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 20, 2019
Fun place to work, supporting managers....they provide good pay and bonus incentives...company provides team building outside of work activities...strong team support.
Thought this was my dream job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 18, 2019
If you don’t kiss up to the right people you’ll never make it! Never seen anything like it! VP is the devil herself! Rude and degrading! Horrible experience
Pros
Wage
Cons
Rude people
Culture, but no work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2019
Alliance cultivates a unique culture and attracts ambitious individuals. However, compensation varies per property and associates often don't have a say which property they are working at. This makes pay and advancement opportunities highly unpredictable and employees often have a say in where they work or how soon they can transfer to a more desirable property. Ultimately, it's highly unpredictable. However, you're working with people who literally work harder than other companies. You are in charge of building your own successful career without assurance you can stay in the path you've built. If you're good at what you do, you may be transferred to a struggling properties who needs a good employee. So it really comes down to who you know. Make friends, work hard, and above all, fight hard for what you want because if you're too giving then it may be taken advantage of. It's a management company, they want the owners to be happy above all. Fight for what you want, and as long as you have a good work effort and are ambitious and tenacious about what you want....it's a good fit.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
No work life balance, unpredicatable pay and schedules.
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2019
Management was understanding and took their time to teach me a lot of sales experience. The hardest part of the job was making every person in the apartment complex happy.
For the love of God don’t work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2019
The worst company ever . It’s only a matter of time before their finances come crumbling down . Worst corporate upper management I’ve ever seen . Don’t bother .
Pros
You’re not dead
Cons
You’re not dead
Good company to work for
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 24, 2019
I have been content with my position at Alliance. The only reason I am looking to move is due to distance. I have moved recently and now work twice the distance as before.
Great company
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2019
Great company to work for. They want everyone to succeed. They have a great onboarding training process which allows you to meet more than just your department.
For the most part a good place to work.
Assistant Buissness Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2019
Atlanta is a dental is a great place to work for the most part. You get a clothing allowance two times a year quarterly bonus this lease and bonuses which I average about $1000 a month for lease up plus competitive pay on top of that. You have to company parties per year which are always fun. The only downfall I see is they are struggling to maintain their portfolio and losing properties. And upper management is made up of mainly one family. And one of the family members is responsible for losing properties.
Cons
You have to know somebody to go somewhere
good work place with many productive employees
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM 87506March 20, 2019
overall its a great company my employment changed from full time to part time. I cannot afford to stay in a part time position and the manager I work for showed no empathy for my situation and basically said take it or leave it
Pros
uniforms tools
Cons
no contact with upper management
Don’t work here as a service tech.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 18, 2019
Alliance residential seems to be a pleasant place on the exterior, but the interior is full of back stabbing, thieving, lying, upper management. I had an amazing team at the last alliance property I was at, but that is the one good thing I can say about working here. Which, in this industry, is like finding a pot of gold with a unicorn standing next to it in Narnia. Leasing and service teams always seem to be divided so that sort of thing just never REALLY happens. Upper management and owners will screw you any chance they get to squeeze an extra dime in their pockets and residents are self entitled pigs 24/7. Corporate tells you one thing, they give you another. I would not suggest working here, at least on the service side, unless you’ve lost all self respect and like getting screwed over.
Pros
Great property team
Cons
Upper management, slob residents, getting lied to, on calls.
Run as fast as you can!
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2019
No support from upper management and quick to throw on-site staff under the bus with lies. Do yourself a favor and run the opposite direction! No team building events or employee appreciation unless you are a Business Manager or Maintenance Supervisor and even then the events are nothing but drunk fests.
Opportunity for some not all
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMarch 7, 2019
I’ve been with Alliance for nearly 7 years and I’ve come to realize that if you are working for the company in a metropolis area career advances are great but if you live in a more rural area you’re forgotten about.
Review
HR – Property Management (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 5, 2019
Long hours. Pay is too low. Incentives and commissions aren't really worth it. If youre the only leasing agent and theres tons to do such as resident communication and leasing, expect to work overtime.
Alliance Residential
Office Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2019
Definitely a fun and great company to work with. The benefits and job culture are amazing. There are plenty of opportunities to move up in the company.
No work/home life/Disconnected upper management/lack of support
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 7, 2019
If you are looking for the following, Alliance is the company for you.
1. No home/work life (10-12 hours daily)
2. No support from upper management in addition to being on a different page than their ownership groups.
3. Instead of fixing the problems, they band-aid the situation and then blame you for not being fixed.
4. Pay you less than most companies in the same field but expect you to overwork yourself.
5. Incompetant accounting department.
6. You will be reimbursed 2 months after you pay with your personal funds for the community since the limit on the P-card is not suffice for the amount of money that is needed to ensure the community runs smoothly.
7. Made up policies and procedures.
8. Very Clique.
9. High employee turnover.
Pros
Met a lot of very cool people and gained a lot of amazing friendships.
Cons
See Below
Watch your back and always document...
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Managers will down play your concerns, the supetvisor will always be defened, regardless of if you have actually documented proof. Unappreciative. Be very careful
Alliance is the best
Senior Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 24, 2019
I loved working at Alliance. I did have a not so great boss at the start but when he was replaced, I was really able to see how amazing Alliance is. The support, industry training, company culture, everything is just fantastic. I left because at the time there was no upward growth but I will definitely go back when there are the right opportunities. It is the company you want to work at for a while.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Alliance creates a standard and reinforces the values they believe in. The management is hands on and really values your growth and performance. The lease-up was fast paced and provided a fun, yet challenging environment everyday.
Great Company to growth professionally!
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 21, 2019
I have nothing to say but great things about Alliance Residential Company, they have in house every department to walk you thru every process from day one.
I was very hesitant when Alliance took over our property management but after I saw all the confidence and support we were given to myself and my team and how important the employees are for this company I feel I was in good hands I feel at home!
Pros
Bonus/commissions structure, employee importance
Cons
The turnover of staff in accounting department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Residential Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss