Alliance Shippers Employee Reviews

Steady workflow, fast paced
Collections Mgr, A/R & A/P Assist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 22, 2018
This company lacks structure and consistency. There is a lot of work, with minimal compensation. I have not had a raise in 7 years, I feel they should evaluate employees annually.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay structure is low
Nj job
Accounts Payable Operator (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJNovember 16, 2017
I lived in New Jersey when I got married 30 years ago. Once I had a child I decided to find work locally while my husband commuted. I was with Alliance Shipper for many years and have nothing but good things to say. It was a small office they were a shipping company the job was data entry. Simple pace and great people to work with. My husband and I relocated to New York City which is the reasoning for my departure.
Pros
small company
Challenging culture
Transport and Logistics Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2017
Lack of career growth and development, challenging work environment and weak, inequitable and inconsistent management practices make this a challenging company to work for.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Lack of management guidance, 401K matching contribution
Good environment
Administrative assistant screened calls (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I worked alone in Reception area as a fast pace job doing data entry, customer service, filing, coordinated conference appointments, answer 15 lines, work under stress and manage very calmly, filing, and screening calls.
Pros
Medical Insurance
Cons
N/a
Small Shipping company that offered a personal but yet professional atmosphere
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Typical day at Alliance Shippers, required tracking many shipments and contacting railroad personal regarding any problems or issues. Hardest part of the job was getting quick resolutions from railroad dispatchers regarding problematic shipments.
Pros
Knowledgeable support staff, good training
Cons
Compensation, poor benefits package, and stressful environment
Very un-organized and sloppy
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 12, 2017
Poor management, Very sloppy organization. Very disrespectful management and staff. Staff is unprofessional to each other and to drays. Management degrades and be-littles you. Raise freeze for years and work is piled on you with no reward!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
raise freeze, poor managment, Huge lack of communication.
Busy and fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 26, 2017
Hours were from 0500am to 2pm. Very busy all day and every employee was on there own . The drama between employees was very distracting and some days out of control.
Low pay, close to zero chance for advancement, management is imcompentent
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasFebruary 28, 2017
Management has no issue screaming and cussing at employees despite the level of error. They say they offer raises every year but have not followed through on their word. Management is not interested in hearing employee feedback, they only their way. Once you are hired into a position that will be as far as you will go. Overall, not a company that values their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, managemennt, workload, hours, rigid and outdated policies
Bad Management, Not competitive on price, brokerage only does TL
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Not price competitive in the marketplace, Too many walls to hurdle to gain business effectively, Very old business model, good work / life balance
Pros
Good work balance / home life
Cons
Not competitive in the market in most modes, Asset based equipment is not always available and only moves in very specific lanes
Unprofessional
Billing (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Management are Unprofessional. The building is very dirty and falling apart. Several times without water and toilets. No advancement or raises.

Want to know more about Alliance Shippers?

Ask a question
Good Place to Start
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Unless you truly love transportation, this is just a data entry and troubleshooting job. Same things to do everyday just different variables. Good place to get office experience.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Hardly any room for advancement, no cost of living raises.
Horrible management and horrible pay
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSSeptember 19, 2016
This is a company that views it's employees as cogs and not individuals. It does not matter what your work experience entails, they will pay you the absolute minimum and give you almost zero vacation time. Your superiors will not give you an ounce of respect but will expect you to bend over backwards for them, whether that means staying late with no promised overtime, or taking the blame for their mistakes. Overall, not a great place to give your years.
Pros
Office mates
Cons
No respect, no room for advancement, no room for salary advancements, horrible management practices
enjoyed the work environment and co workers
Operations Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 9, 2016
The work was repetitive at times. I enjoyed the days that I was busy from start to finish the most. Great supervisors & flexible hours
Quality front line - management is not good
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 25, 2016
Local management worths through intimidation and bullying to get the job done. People on the front lines are highly skilled and dedicated.
Productive working environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 7, 2015
Processed over 100 plus deliveries for the different distributors and companies I was assigned to daily. I learned a lot about the accounting side of shipping businesses, and the type of paper work and computer programs that are used to process shipping deliveries and payments. Management was professional, and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the different companies regarding needed paperwork in order to release shipments. Sometimes management needed to step in to help receive what was needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, free lunch on occasion
Cons
Working with companies with no effort or communication
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  salinas, caMarch 1, 2014
but it was very informative and nice learning experience. bosses are cool, very understanding of schedules and lives, flexible schedule.
Friendly
Inter-modal Customer Support supervisor  (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMay 10, 2013
very friendly relation were between coworkers.
I have managed to computerized the dispatched process.
Holidays with the carriers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Learned to be a team player. Helped others when needed. Hardest part was trying to set up empty trailers with customers.
Pros
holidays with carriers
Overall Good
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 8, 2012
Nice managers, quite work environment, didn't like giving too much instruction or answering too many questions. All written customer service and notifications.
Pros
learned new skills and invoicing shipment proceedures.
Average
ASSISTANT TO VP OF SALES, TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJJuly 26, 2012
A typical day at work was always hectic. Although I have a lot of recommendation emails from my boss and the sales force (all on the road), some inter-office management never had a positive thing to say. My co-workers were great people and very hard working. We would always go the extra mile for our customers to help with their concerns and to rectify problems or complaints, forming great relationships with the them, and following up to see that that their shipments were delivered without any problems.
Pros
some real, great, hardworking people. great over-the-road boss.
Cons
not feeling valued by some inter-office management.