ALLIANCE WATER RESOURCES Employee Reviews

Traditional Corporation - Good Work Life Balance
LOCAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 21, 2019
Alliance Water Resouces is a good place to work, willing to train employees, and hires within for promotions. AWR has been a good opportunity that has supported my family and allowed me to grow as an employee, mentor, and manager.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities - In-house Training
Very Secure enviroment
Wastewater Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 28, 2019
This is a great company to work for. They encourage further education in the water and wastewater field with bonuses for achieving passing certifications. The give fair raises annually.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
On call is required
All they care about is money and manager bonuses
Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2019
Good News they do hire people without a high school diploma even managers, they hire people who even have criminal backgrounds. Can be good for those people who need a second chance.
Productive and Professional
Plant Manager City of Troy Mo (Former Employee) –  Troy, MO / O'Fallon,MOFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at work : Managed up to four employees, Ran samples, Did reports for DNR, Plant Upkeep.

What did I learn: I learned to motivate and lead people, How to run alot of differant plants.

Management: I found management to be competent and professional.

Workplace culture: Positive and Enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job: Running a plant that is full to capaciity, the power is out and the rain keeps comming.

The most enjoyable part of the job: When the plants ran like tops. (the team new they were doing a good job)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Not having the budget for better equipment
No loyalty to current employees
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 23, 2017
The turnover at this place is unreal! Work here to get them to pay for your licenses, then leave like everybody else does. They don't protect their investment in training people because there is always another person in line that they can hire. One District Manager proudly proclaims he can "fire everyone and sleep fine at night." Be prepared to deal with a lot of favoritism and one-sided decision making despite your rational approach to common sense. The (once again) current "new" upper management will look at you and tell you what you want to hear, smile like a puppet, all while ice runs through their veins. Wasted several years here. Beware!
Pros
Good stepping stone opportunity
Cons
Management and favoritism
friendly enviroment
Account Payable Specialise (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MoMay 26, 2015
They do not like to train you on a job, and expect you to learn from the manual. They have a lot of turnover in employment. A good company very flexible
Pros
good, benefits and working enviroment
Cons
they don't have the people to train you on a job
The people are great! The upper management is not trustworthy.
Administrative Support Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  columbia, moOctober 24, 2013
While I only worked at the company for a year I was struck by the secrecy and lack of communication displayed by the upper management on many occasions. The company has a very good mission statement and talks a good game. I do not think the managers do a good job of implementing it.

The overall work place was a good enviroment and the other employees were wonderful to work with. I thought I found a company that would be loyal to me as I would be to it. I guess that just does not exist any more.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLIANCE WATER RESOURCES. Our community is ready to answer.

ALLIANCE WATER RESOURCES Reviews by Location