AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

AllianceRx Walgreens Prime Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Pittsburgh, PA28 reviews

Could be better

This job could be much better if they would listen to their employees. Many problems have solutions but higher ups ignore any advice given to them Things are done a certain way and that is that. When worrying about losing a contract with insurance was told it happens every year. Just a lot of fixable issues that they refuse to fix. Had one of the worst managers I have ever had. She was abrasive and didn't do anything to help you. Was impossible to get a hold of and would ignore questions you had for her even after just responding to something she wanted to know.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Management is incompetent and will not take any advice to fix issues

Fun fact fridays, great team

Great hours, only one late shift per week, close at 8 pm. Off weekends. Chance for advancement, good training, remote position, work from home . Management is great to help, plenty of work, overtime available during peak season. Vacation time provided.

Pros

Excellent health care, 401K

Cons

Shift bid every 6 months

AllianceRx Walgreens Prime insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Highly negative atmosphere

High turnover, poor leadership, and the equipment in antiquated, supplies often are short or out. There is no sense of a solid workflow design, . Communication is the worst problem in the building, many looking for a new job

fun days is a good day and we have a lot thats cool

how the structure could be better due to things change all the time so to keep the team informed would help with stress. acknowledging team members with experience so that they are able to grow instead of getting bored with the task at hand.

lies from management, favoritism, brown nosers

When you ask for advise or questions on what to do to improve, most of the time, they tell you they have no answer for that. Same rules don't apply to others. Especially when it comes to attendance. They make promises they don't keep. Patients should not be waiting 2 months to get medications. Long holds to get through to other departments, and they blame you for it. Nothing good to say about this company. Was even warned before being hired, not to use them for reference.

Dont believe what you hear

I have been told one thing and then another, you cant believe a word they say about being able to "self promote" to the next job level, Position. Job Leveling is a joke.

Love my job!

I have been with the company contracted for almost 90 days and I can honestly say this is an amazing place to work. I love being challenged in my every day work and achieving goals. So much room for andvancement. I have already been given amazing advancement opportunities!

Awesome work envirorment

Really like my job. Good work. Good people. Decent pay and good benefits. Actually would love opportunities to progress a littlr bit faster, But other then that no complaints

Work Environment

They really look out for you as an employee, make work fun by having activities, pizza parties on ot saturdays and all around good company. Finally i job I LOVE...

Find somewhere else unless you enjoy vampirism

Unfriendly environment. Little Sunlight. Weird hours. Like being in purgatory but with less afterlife. An all white room made of suffering, doubt and self hatred. You'll leave changed.

Great management

I really loved working there. Management was great. They are flexible and caring. Great experience. I wish that I was able to take the job with me. I miss my managers and co-workers.

Poor management/favoritism

Lack of management and the employees that were favorited never had to deal with a lot of tasks or could do it at their own pace/time and were given the most recognition.

Going down hill fast

The company has strayed so far from patient care and focusing on the patients that it's just sad and embarrassing. I'm literally embarrassed to work there now.

Pros

Cons

everything

Worst place ever.

I worked for that alliancerx for about 4 years. I left that job for another in between because the company was sooo bad but the other job was boring so I came back hopeing that alliance changed since the merge. But it didnt. In fact, it got a lot worse they stopped caring about the employees more. They took away bonus's. They took us from unlimited overtime to only 35 hours a week around Christmas!!! The management openly shows favoritism. Also they do not know how to manage at all which is why the place doesnt run right. You know what they say "a bad manager can take a good staff into a horrible one" or whatever. They claim that you cant eat at your desk bc they treat you like you're in prison but they do it!!. You are not allowed to talk to your neighbors because they think that your not working. But yet they can talk super loud and yell across the building. They love to micro manage and hover over you. They love to tell you what you're doing wrong but never what you're doing right. It's just a really really bad atmosphere and the managers do not know how to manage. They turnover rate is so high that they offer classes every month for new hires. Some disgruntled employee decided to write a mass email and explain how bad that working for alliance was. And all the employees agreed. It's too bad we couldnt go on strike!! Since we are not union, they would all throw us away then just hire some other people since they make us think that we are all just numbers and replaceable! This isnt things that have just happened to me. This is just a little bit of stuff that happens to everyone. -

I used to love my job

Prior to the Walgreens/Prime merger we were expected to follow each patient we interacted with all the way to fulfillment. If a patient called in to provide authorization to ship to their doctor we were expected to immediately contact that office to schedule. We were trained to handle any call that came in and we were expected to identify tasks that needed to be completed and to start them ourselves without the need for direction. Now we are micro-managed to the point of paralysis. Most of the calls we get are not for patients filling from our site and when we call another department for assistance we rarely get someone from our own site. Management went from truly caring about the patients and allowing more leeway to provide what they needed to pushing almost unattainable metrics that make it hard to get medications out on time. I used to love my job. So much so that I even turned down offers for more money to stay where I was. I still love my patients and most of the people I work with are still VERY dedicated to their patients as well but it is getting harder and harder to do what needs to be done to service them.

Pros

Good People who truly care

Cons

Micro-management from above

Fast paced enviorment with barely any room to advance

Working for this pharmacy here are the pro's: Health benefits are decent however each year increases around $20. Part time positions are now offered. Great Pharmacists who know their job. Con's: High turn over rate, horrible insurance verification department with lazy careless employees. Horrible management, communication with other sites and co-workers, no perks other than retail discounts, incentives are based off of your performance so working like a slave will help you if you care for an incentive which after taxes you're left with half of your hard earned earnings. No work life balance, whatever the attendance policy is which includes no sick days(VTO only when the company offers)is what you get, PTO is what you have to live off of if time off is needed or a vacation,PTO every 2 weeks you accumulate around 8hrs. Numbers over quality especially after Walgreens Specialty and AllianceRx Prime Therapeutics merged. FAVORTISM...you can be a great employee but if you aren't favored by the sups good luck moving on up, other departments rarely have openings(their insurance dept is always hiring so that should tell you about the quality of workers hired) One year mandatory o.t was implemented then the following year hours were cut before Christmas with NO o.t.

Pros

Health benefits, part time now offered, incentives now offered, Great Pharmacists

Cons

No communication, employee appreciation, work life balance, pay rate to be working in an extremely fast paced call center

Low pay with high expectations

Not true training program extremely high turn over bc they pay so little. Was expected to do Management type responsibilities with wrong pay. Was transferred to another harder job and pay was not raised to the correct amount. The lack of communication in the company is extremely sad and I see it failing if something doesn't change. Unless you are self motivated you will learn nothing.

Pros

At the time my Management was amazing.

Cons

No true growth inside. Its like a bad retail environment

Terrible Morale

Upper management is sneaky and treats employees like a number. Atmosphere in the company is terrible, everyone hates their jobs and will leave any chance they get.

Terrible

This job has terrible training available, terrible management, and a STRICT attendance policy that is impossible to comply with. You will QUICKLY be in a position where you are waiting for someone to quit, retire, die or get fired for you to move up. There is NO opportunity available, but management will continually promise you the world to keep you there just to overwork you awhile knowing they have nothing for you.

Pros

Overtime available

Cons

Everything else.

I believe they are trying.

They do try to do nice things for the employees and have fun employee engagement things to keep morale up. I believe alot of the negative comes from the management.

Pros

Employee engagement

Cons

poor management

A great company to move up to higher roles

If this is the business you want to build a career, AllianceRx Walgreens +Prime is a good place to move up to leadership in a timely manner. Comfortable environment and good management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AllianceRx Walgreens Prime. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits