AllianceRx Walgreens Prime

Tempe, AZ41 reviews

Great company

Featured review

AllianceRx Walgreens Prime selected this as a representative review
I really have no complaints about this great company. The compensation and approach is amazing .I couldn't ask for a better group to work with. The managers are all amazing as well.

I really loved working for a company as huge as AllianceRx Walgreens Prime

I loved what I was doing, and working from home. This mega company had it all. Expectations were high for stats, but if you did what you were supposed to, you could meet them pretty easily. Bonus’ were wonderful and pretty substantial when meeting QPP. My supervisor was great, friendly, supportive, understanding and a cheerleader in my corner. The company had realistic expectations regarding people having lives outside the office. A few other mentionables:Benefits are available right away. Paid training for 6 weeks. Remote work from home with provided equipment. I am saddened that this company decided to take a different approach in how their pharmaceuticals will be handled. Due to a merger, my position was eliminated. Bummer thing is that I had over 100 hours of vacation that didn’t get paid out with my severance package. Even so, they did me dirty, but I really enjoyed working there.

Pros

Great work-life balance, nice bonus’, lovely work culture

Cons

Average pay, super busy prime season with heavy metrics

AllianceRx Walgreens Prime insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Soul sucking takes the life right out of you. The robot will welcome you with open shackles ready to lock you in for a miserable existence there.

Well look at the intro nothing else needs to be said. Seriously it’s job but very monotonous. Can’t really elaborate, it’s basic very easy work if you’re in production, factory work.

Great training, difficult to learn. Once learned it is a great stepping stone for advancement within.

First few weeks is training, even with great trainers the job is hard to learn. However once you learn it, you have got it. If motivated and outgoing, advancement is easy within the company. I was cross trained for 8 different positions, never bored. I also became a trainer for the company, they are very good to dedicated employees. I only left due to elderly parent care, and now a move to Missouri, or I would have gone back.

Pharmacy Technician

It's a really good company to get experience with. I have a great boss, the work is decent depending on your job level. When work went virtual they provided equipment.

Pros

Flexible, QPP bonus, PTO and benefits after 30 days

Cons

Raises not done for merit or performance, no pay differential for Certification

You're only a number

I was let go for not meeting their daily quota. I worked from home, but the computer they sent me home with was so slow. They finally sent another one, but the program I had to use wouldn't load, so I had to log onto a virtual desktop. It was laggy and the special VPN I had to log I to took me from 120 megabits per second to 6 megabits pet second. Too slow of a connection to do the work that was required. They let me go unexpectedly and denied my unemployment saying I knew what was required of me. Not my fault the computers they had were dinosaurs and their VPN was WAY too overcrowded to be efficient. I guess they got new computers now, but the same VPN. 1 out of 10, do not recommend. Only good was the pay.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Literally everything else

Great until they shove stat numbers down your throat.

It was an easy job, you clock in and help patients with what they needed. Collected info, all the fun stuff, however when they started mentioning stats and how you should only spend three minutes on a call, that's when it got concerning. Either you asked for a callback number, run through all the hoops, and then realize you still needed the patient on the phone for some other arbitrary reason. Completely disorganized, low staffed, and no approval for time off for doctor's appointments or even general PTO. It was great at first till they ignored me like a shadow, even if I was deaf in one ear and couldn't perform my job.

Pros

Great benefits, eight or ten hours

Cons

Schedule would change, you had no options to switch, no change for PTO or days off for personal reason, stats are all they care about, no love for the PTs, and they don't care about the employees.

Lazy, ineffective management

Bad environment due to careless managers, toxic interactions between coworkers were unaddressed and constant, plus rampant nepotism and favoritism examples were common.

Pros

You can shortcut tasks and do less work than you are supposed to

Cons

Doing the job as written just has you percieved as slow

Great place to start a career as a Pharmacy tech

Management was friendly and helpful, opportunity to grow within the company. Schedule was flexible, when K was there they had just gotten in alliance with Prime therapeutics so there was a few months that we had mandatory overtime which was great since the schedule was pretty flexible.

Suggest as a fresh out of school type job

Working here could be frustrating at times and sometimes requires a lot of patience. There isn't much room for advancement and the job culture is geared more like treating you as a number rather than a person

Alliance is a ok place to work. Not for everyone.

Alliance is a ok place to work. The job is very fast-paced. Management is so-so. Overall, the job is decent. I learned a lot about different medicines.

Pros

Free food every once in a while.

Cons

Favoritism

Great Place

The company has been amazing! Excellent management. Great culture and atmosphere. Training is great and good promotion opportunities. Always feel like I can learn more and they deliver!

Productive and fun work place.

I learned alot when I worked here. Coworkers are very friendly and supervisor is great. I had more chances to learn about the name of medication and the other things. I had a very good supervisor.

Pros

Easy work, great supervisor and coworkers

Cons

Low paid.

No work-life balance.

I worked there for 2 years. In that time, we had SO MUCH MANDATORY OVERTIME, it was insane. You had to work 10 hours days, including holidays such as thanksgiving and Christmas. If you missed overtime hours during the week for whatever reason, you HAD to make them up on the weekend or you would be written up. If you apply for promotion, they don’t tell you if you don’t get it, you’ll find out via email congratulating those who did get it. Management is constantly changing and there’s no real team environment. They constantly push the idea that you must not come to work sick, BUT they make you feel like garbage about calling out sick and using your PTO. Anytime you ask for help, it gets documented and you wind up back in training, where you’re treated like you’re an idiot for not understanding the first time. They constantly downsize employees and hire new, so the turnover rate is astronomically high. By the time I hit 2 years I was one of the few with seniority, only behind someone who got hired two weeks before me and someone who had been there 3 months longer. The pay between men and women isn’t equal, which they claim is due to “experience levels” even though you may have years more experience than the next person. By the time you decide to quit or get fired coming back from your lunch break, you feel like your soul has died. They make you feel like it’s your fault for not caring enough. 10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND. Work anywhere else. Seriously.

Pros

Air conditioned building

Cons

Everything else

Horrific

Horrible place to work, I have never worked for such a horrible place in my life!!! Be smart before you chose to work for a place like this, complete sweat shop!!! Let's there employees run the show, there is so much harassment at this place ain't even funny!! Managers do not ever believe what you say or even care to listen to you.. they need to clean house at this place and get ppl in there that care!! No wonder this place has 2 stars wow I'm surprised they have not been shut down!!

Pros

Absolutely Nothing

love coworkers!

I've been here for over 3 years at the same position because I just want to earn a living to go to college. Pay good wage for level 1 position. My supervisor is nice and assists me almost all my request. Every day is the same day. Not much interesting but it satisfies my needs.

Pros

good pay, Pto, flexible schedule for student, nice people

It could be a great place

It could be a very wonderful place to work as long as you like what you are doing. Management is not nice they can not care about what you have going on outside of the job. I have learned if its not them then they don’t care. In customer service you can’t be like that you have to understand that we are all humans and we have things going on to. I understand that there are rules but not everyone bucks the system.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Underpaid and underappreciated, find a better place please.

If you want to work for a company that you get crossed trained in multiple things and show no raise for it in 2 years, then go for it. Underappreciated and underpaid workers everywhere. Management plays favorites in hiring. Their response to Covid-19 was a joke from April-July. 12+ workers contracted Covid 19 at work and the response time to tell there workers was atrocious. Was paid the same minimum wage for 2 years. Getting a raise there Id compare to pulling my own teeth. HR is a jokeOnly positive is Good coworkers

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Literally everything, too physical for the amount of pay, pill dust in the air.

productive

answered inbound calls regarding scheduling shipments of patients medications once being verified with insurance benefits and medicare provider making sure quantity and med is correct

Poor management

Managers don’t care about the employees or supervisors. They sit in their offices all day and don’t take time to get to know subordinates. No room for growth nor is their encouragement to do so. A handful of coworkers were trustworthy and supportive but unfortunately was not enough to get me to stay with the company.

My Opinion

It isn’t a bad place to work. As long as you stay focused in training and ask questions you’ll be good. Make sure you get a full understanding of how things work. You definitely will learn something new every single day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AllianceRx Walgreens Prime. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits