Alliant Credit Union Employee Reviews

Software Application Development Review
Senior Software Developer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I am working here long enough to familiar with the company, different teams and the culture of the different teams. Company has some good developers. The team culture is something upper management should look into and work out. Some of the bad qa managers and a only mobile developer need to be replaced. They make the development resisting and I think does not align with company goals. I think culture developed such a way that development and testing is pre-planned, personally and politically influenced buy a person or two and executed under influence. Personal culture is promoted and supported by some managers after knowing what is right and wrong. Which is not helping to software development teams to retain good talent.

I would suggest the upper to middle management to recruit good people and talent which can help team move forward and which can promote good ethics and culture. Replace who makes things tough for existing team mates and teams.
Pros
Stable and the time off is good, competitive medical benefits, 401K, There’s nothing else I can think of as a pro, I did not grow or develop there, I would not recommend to anyone.
Nice place
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IA 52001January 17, 2018
Good place to work.
Everyone is very upbeat and positives attitude.
I recommand this company for banking and employment. Friendly atmosphere. Glad they took me in...feel part of the team day one.
My review of Alliant
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
The Alliant credit union is great place to work. Most of the people are very positive and make an effort to make it a fun place to work. The one issues was that the IT department was understaffed and that made it stressful
Pros
Friencly
Cons
Work Life Balance was not that good
Ok
Residential Loan Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2017
It was a temp job. I was there for almost a year and nothing seemed to change. No one talked about a permanent position so I had to leave. Employers were friendly
Great Organizaton
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2017
Culture and mamagement make it a great place to work. The tools and training required to be effective in your position are provided. Benefits are very competitive.
Relaxed place to work
Member service consultant (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 17, 2017
It's ok. They don't take Into consideration that life happens and they love to hand out occurrences......................................................
A job, doesn't seem like a career.
Member Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Ok company, no room for advancement even though they tell you there is. Management is ok, but definitely needs room for improvement. Co-workers are cool, but some are not.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no breaks they put it all in your hour lunch, horrible management team.
January 31, 2018

Thank you for your review. Opportunities for growth and development are critical components of the Alliant talent management strategy. We encourage our employees to apply for internal job postings, as we want them to advance their careers with Alliant. In 2017, Alliant filled almost 20 percent of new roles with internal candidates. We also emphasize leadership development. Our leaders focus on helping employees discover, develop and use their unique talents for greater team engagement and ultimately performance.

Lastly, we recently changed the rest break policy at Alliant, and our Contact Center employees receive two, 15-minute breaks and one, 30-minute lunch period.

excellent
Splunk Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2017
good environment ,work culture , enjoy working with team,good management team ,feel comfort under work pressure and lovely people working collaboratively in development team as well as architecture team .They treat all employees equally and open door policy betwen management and employees
October 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are always happy to hear from our colleagues who enjoy our culture and benefit offerings.

Great New Employee Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJuly 27, 2017
I applied online, and I received a call from the recruiter. From the first conversation, she was able to get my interest in the company. The interview process was great. They use Gallup test to measure how well you'll fit the culture, which I think is brilliant for both, the company and the candidate.

Day one was great! The HR team walked the group through the benefits, discounts, programs and perks, and the company offers a lot of them. I was pleasantly surprised how much they offer, considering they are a small organization.

The new employee orientation comes down the line. We got to talk to our CEO and a group of the executives during a lunch, with I have never seen before. I had never spoken to any of the executives in my previous job. Here I got to ask questions and get to know them.

So far an amazing experience!
Pros
Benefits, Hr, Culture
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear our team did a good job with your hiring and onboarding. We value our employees and make sure they feel welcomed from day one. Welcome to Alliant, and we wish you great success in your new role.

Rewarding and challenging place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJuly 25, 2017
Alliant is a fast growing company, ensuring personal development and career growth. I was presented with challenging projects and had a chance to prove myself as a professional.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, growth.
Cons
Offices are split between two locations.
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that Alliant helps you grow and develop your skills.

Company that helps you grow
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
Alliant really invests in its employees. Ever since I started with Alliant, I went through strengths training and had a chance to attend seminars and classes to advance professionally. Not only do I learn a lot, but I also have a chance to share my learnings with the team and propose my ideas to improve programs and processes. Seeing my ideas coming to life is really rewarding.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, opportunities
Cons
locations
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you found value in our strengths program and culture.

Loving it here
Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 20, 2017
Great benefits, engaged culture, challenging work.

Employees, if they want, can do a lot, and they will be recognized for it. Alliant makes you feel like your opinion matters.
Pros
culture and benefits
Cons
split, hard to get to offices
August 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear that Alliant was a right step in your career, and it continues to meet your expectations. We also hope that the new technology we have implemented in the past year helps with bringing teams together and makes it easier to communicate and stay connected.

Great place to work that challenges and rewards
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJuly 20, 2017
Alliant has been an amazing experience. I get to do what I love, I get to share my ideas with the management and the executive team, and I get to see them coming to life.

I feel like I am challenged, and I never get bored at work.

The highly-engaged culture makes the employees feel welcomed and rewarded. I love how much attention is paid to recognition and communication and accessible the leadership team is.
Pros
Cons
Locations far from the city and public transportation
August 3, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are proud of our engaged and rewarding culture and are always happy to hear from our employees who see the value in what Alliant offers to its employees.

Great workplace but advancement downside
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
I worked as a member services rep, so I took inbound calls all day to support daily banking transactions with credit union members. It could be a stressful job at times, but working at the company was great. The management was great, leadership/executive team seemed great (at least from my vantage point from afar), and it was a fun environment.

My only critique would be the fact that there was little room for upward advancement. Essentially, you would have to wait until a position opened up because someone moved on, was terminated, or a new position was created. Also, I would say that the compensation was probably just a tad bit below what the marketplace was bearing.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
upward mobility
October 6, 2017

Thanks for your feedback and commentary. We appreciate it. We are sorry you felt that way about your career opportunities at Alliant. We are a growing organization, and we post all job opportunities on our internal network and employees are encouraged to seek career advancement opportunities. As an organization, we also do our best to provide competitive compensation opportunities to attract retain and motivate employees while delivering on our growth strategy.

My Opinion
Member Contact Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 29, 2017
The pay is good it's just hard to advance in the company. Sales is apart of customer support since beginning of 2016 and I'm not a seller but it's mandatory. You have to make a certain amount of sales per month, which can make it stressful. If you do not make it within 6 mos you can be go. That is the hardest part of the job, but other than that it would be a Great job! to work w/out sales. There are other positions in the company but it's too hard to get another position.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Sales
Too unstructured,, expectations aren't clear and not opportunity for advacement
Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicgaoMay 3, 2017
Great benefits and respect for life balance, very informal operations with can lead to chaos and wasted energy. Some perks, way behind technologically, makes operations more difficult
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
Alliant has very good benefits and engaged employees
Alliant has many social events for their employees
Alliant is committed to both it members and it's employees
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Many hours short staffed
August 3, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on being a highly-engaged and employee-focused culture, and we are happy to hear about your positive experience with our company. We know our employees are critical to our success, and we focus on creating a culture that capitalizes on employee strengths and celebrates individual and team success.

Grass on the other side my not be greener
Fraud Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2016
Some times you don't know how great a company is until you leave. When I worked for Alliant I had issues like every other employee that ever worked for a company. but once I left the company and worked for some other companies did I realize how nice it really was there. The Company really cares what its employee think about the company. Alliant keeps up with technology so you will have the tools to do your job. They will work you to the breaking point, but along the way you will have the opportunity to learn new and valuable skills and if you don't break then you will be a better employee that would overachieve at any other company. It's a real culture shock going from Alliant to a substandard company even if the pay is better.
Pros
Good Pay, opportunity to lean new skills
Cons
Company asks a lot from its employees, work life balance can be an issue
Productive & Enjoyable Place To Work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2016
My day consists of hard work from the moment I walk in. I enjoy how I can work independently and at the same time have countless of interactions with members and colleagues. I learned that two heads are always better then one. Management here is very helpful and treats everyone the same. I'd say that hardest part of this job is trying to fit all of your daily tasks into the time that is given. The most enjoyable time is when everyone gets together. Its more like a family.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time.
Cons
Promotions. Opportunities.
Great benefits
Sr. Member Payment Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
Alliant offer their employees great benefits which includes four weeks or more paid time off, 401K match, college tuition reimbursement, and health & wellness benefits. it is a casual work environment and most employees are friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliant Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight