Alliant Energy Employee Reviews

Accounting Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 24, 2018
Prepared Federal and State Regulatory reporting for the Utility Accounting department. Analyzed previous working files to prepare current period reporting. Created well documented audit trails to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Great boss, Friendly co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 15, 2018
I was there on a contract. The work was interesting and the work-life balance was good. My manager was a great guy. If it would have turned into a full-time potion I would have certainly stayed.
Very Challenging, high paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 22, 2018
The typical day starts with logging into the phone system and answering questions from customers ranging from billing inquiries, and address changes to angry compliments about service.
I learned quickly that I didn't know everything and that I needed to use the resources provided such as the help desk and online resources. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer fraud: customer attempting to activate service with children or deceased persons names. However, helping customers understand their bills and working on budget plans that helped families really balanced out more difficult calls.
Pros
online resources and help desk for questions
Cons
not enough customer service reps
Challenging but rewarding internship
Thermal Performance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 24, 2017
I was a Thermal Performance Engineering intern for one summer. Lots of long days spent in hot power plants testing air heater leakage. Hard work, I learned a lot, and the boss kept us busy.
Pros
Great engineering work experience
Cons
Going to get dirty
People I worked with were great. Peak hours were very hectic, off peak drug on
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IADecember 18, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Was not on a warning and when some personal issues came up they weren't willing to accommodate and I was terminated. Co workers cared about you, great pay for the cost of living
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
Management. Changing of schedules quarterly
Forward Looking
Accepted the position of Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 7, 2017
Looking to change with the changing energy landscape. In a major rebuilding mode as well as keeping up with the renewable arena. The people are great!
Pros
Good benifits
Ok place to work.
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 1, 2017
Salary was good pay for Customer Service work. Parking downtown is awful. Walked 5 blocks to get to work. Health benefits average. Poor direct management...no one on one interaction.
Cons
Parking, changing hours due to shift bids.
Cut throat these days!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 13, 2017
They want you to speak your mind, but truly you can't. If you do then you will be watched until they can get ride of you. Used to be a wonderful place and I was proud to work there.
Poor Management makes for Unstable enviroment
Senior Field Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 5, 2017
Evaluate present practices and implement processes, concepts, training and tools to prevent, detect and correct human errors that may adversely impact the safe, reliable operation of the electric transmission and distribution system.
Pros
Challenging and interesting work.
Cons
Work Culture
Not a place that I can write a review about
An Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 2, 2017
Not possible to write a review. Doing so will only get someone or yourself in trouble. Do you really think it's possible to be honest about a company you currently work for? Anonymous doesn't cut it.
excellent place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 29, 2017
love it would recommend it to everyone. The people, supervisors and benefits are so great. It is a fun and exciting place to work that offers so many different shifts to work and possible advancement.
Perfessional for the most part
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 26, 2017
Like all call center jobs if you've ever had one. there is a lot of office drama, but if you can look past that this is a great job with many different career options. management (actual management) is very supportive and goes out of their way to help you. lower management (entry level - coaches etc) are very in your face for what ever reason.
Friendly and employee oriented place
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 26, 2017
I would highly recommend anyone interested in applying for a position with Alliant Energy to follow through and submit an application/resume. It is a very friendly, employee oriented place to work.
A great company to work for!
Customer Service Administrator - Northeast WI (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 15, 2017
I honestly loved working for Alliant Energy. I would still be there, if I didn't have to relocate. They worked with me during two pregnancies. I LOVE AE!
Very Stressful in Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IASeptember 24, 2017
All the bosses review your calls differently, and all they care about is if you got off the call quickly and hit every sales pitch imaginable. It was ridiculous. Those people work hard and the customer is not able to be taken care of on a timer!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Too Stressful
The customer service was sometimes stressful but often rewarding when you could calm a customer down and understand the issues at hand
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IASeptember 18, 2017
I was a Customer Service Representative responsible for taking calls from utility customers, I assisted customers with billing information, outrages gas and leaks issues.
Pros
Stressful at times dealing with customers
Cons
Nice environment and the benefits were great
Great people, necessary product and making great progress
Sr. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 6, 2017
Alliant Energy is a great place to work. Great people with high skill sets, and lots of experience in developing generation and distribution for gas, electric and steam utilities. Great benefit package, very good leadership and a strong work ethic which includes service to our communities. Highly recommend.
Pros
Growing company with focus on renewable fuels for generation of electricity
Cons
Very Risk conscience
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant, Regulatory Affairs Dept (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 28, 2017
Typical day: Administrative duties supporting Regulatory Affairs Director, Managers, and Team.
What I learned: Regulatory Affairs applications and participation in most aspects of the regulatory work culture.
Management: Very supportive and inclusive.
Workplace culture: Inclusive and diversified.
Hardest part of job: Quick turnaround on specific task.
Most enjoyable part of job: The people and environment.
Anything in the company but customer service
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2017
Micro managed to the point of being ridiculous. Call centers are treated totally different than the rest of the company. Nothing enjoyable about going to work. Other departments treat customer service employees like they are less than and get away with it. Same management that has been there for years and years and years. No one on one meetings with team leads on a regular basis due to call volume and lack of help.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro managed, poor management
Great benefits and people
Construction Associate, Field Engineering (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 15, 2017
I have worked here a long time and have taken advantage of the tuition reimbursement. I have take a temp position and have gained experience to be promoted into a permanent position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliant Energy. Our community is ready to answer.