Alliant Insurance Services Employee Reviews

Great Workplace Culture
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 5, 2019
I was allowed to receive all of my designations with this firm. They are big on Education. The one producer to one CSR is a great relationship. I enjoyed going out on appointments with my producer for a better understanding of my client's needs
Wanted more flexibility and path for growth & advancement
Commercial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILDecember 2, 2018
There was no clear path for advancement at Alliant and depending on your job title there were different levels of expectations and accountability.

I learned more about Excel and also Applied EPIC system, I enjoy learning new things so although EPIC was new to me it was
enjoyable to learn.

Management was a bit disconnected from employees that weren't in an account manager role.

Office was clean and work space was comfortable and good desk space.

The hardest or most unpleasant part of my job is that I didn't interact with customers/insureds.

I enjoy dealing with people, working in personal lines I am accustomed to talking directly with my clients/insureds and assisting them.
Pros
Nice building, easy parking
Cons
Lack of flexibility, advancement & growth oppourtunities
A good place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76107October 19, 2018
An office of approx. 25, good balance of work, flex time and employee gatherings. Celebrated the holidays with food and or games in the office. Agency software is EPIC was revamped to run at a high speed, usually no problems. Covered parking, a small break room and a cafeteria within the building.
Bad work environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2018
My take away was O&G knowledge which is what I am most proud. Although the management is very poor and nothing will be done about it, I can only hope someone will eventually step in and one day and cut out the cancer.
Pros
N/a
Cons
poor management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2018
They definitely have their favorite employees, who are nurtured, rewarded, and compensated accordingly. Unfortunately, others are ignored and fall to the wayside.
Good employer to work
Lead Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
Very Good Employer to work with motivated environment and benefits. I will still be there if I am not moving back to Taiwan.
Pros
Motivation
Cons
System consistence
Okay company
Insurance Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
I hated working here. Management sucked. There was never really any structure. Manager seemed more concerned about saving face then confronting reality.
Co-workers were friendly and supportive
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / ACCOUNT BENEFIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20817July 30, 2018
Not a good fit for me after my original employer was purchased by Alliant. The commute was too far and the traffic was the very worst. Their was very little promotion with inside of this company
Pros
Cafateria located in the building and Paid parking
Cons
Parking lot was small, so it was full if you decided to run out
Changed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
The larger Alliant gets the more the employees become a number. They use to care about employees, Focus seems to be only on money and growing these days.
Poor Moral / Morale
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Buys Company Just For Book of Business. Does Not Care For The Well Being Of Employees. Management is not easy to talk to. Poor Moral and Morale Management.
Insurance Company
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJune 20, 2018
Good company to work for; co-workers are great. Third party administrator with ties to many outside companies for benefits and programming. Ideal hours.
Great People and Work environment
Lead Sr. Business Applications Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
The people at Alliant are great. It was a fun relaxed environment, but don't get me wrong... we worked hard, but enjoy the work.

The management within the IT department are, for the most part very supportive and like a balance between life and work.

My boss in the Business Applications group is amazing. Very supportive, and will not hover over you if you prove you can work without interjection.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Advancement is very slow here.
Fun and hard working
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2018
Great leadership. Construction based and everyone works well together. There is a lot of collaboration going on that leads this team to success. A fairly new office.
Positive Place To Work
Commercial Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2018
Management were fair and helpful to employees. Company tried to sell the claims department along with a few other companies they owned but never found a buyer so they closed the claims department.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Claims Department Closed
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 10, 2018
The company has many great coworkers and is a very good place to work. The office is a comfortable environment and the managers are very fair and easy to work with. I enjoy my time working here.
Ok place to work
Senior Account Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Decent amount of resources available for clients, but not particularly innovative. Good culture. Upper management appeared to be interested in creating opportunity through resources.
Best food around
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 23, 2018
Fast paced and everchanging. New faces weekly. The break room is stocked with everything you could imagine. This is Alliants way of keeping employees happy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
More work than time to complete.
Would rather not comment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017January 29, 2018
Would rather not comment on this company. Apply and see for yourself. Once again I strongly suggest that you think before applying. Not every job is for every one.
Productive workplace
ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
People are Personable, positive atmosphere, on the job training is good, flexibility, Management open to discuss any issues. Moral is good. no room for growth
Horrible management but overall good place and people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2017
I relocated to San Diego to expand my experience and used a staffing agency and was briefly a temp here. It was a pleasant experience until it wasn’t. Within the first week I was told if there is ever an issue simply don’t go to my supervisor at the time I️ didn’t understand. After two months or so, I had gone to my supervisor to let her know an employee was badgering and bullying me without cause. Nothing was ever done about it, then to her supervisor with the same outcome. When neither supervisors were in the office and was disrespected by said individual, I contacted HR to have them aware so no one could twist my words. Two days later I was let go. Not that I deserved one, but there was no warning given. Ileft early that Friday due to being sick and they saw me didn’t even tell me to my face not to come back. 5 minutes later the call from the agency comes that I’m let go and due to my attendance which was so far from the truth.
As young professional whose worked hard for 8+ years and simply knowing how to behave, I have never been so disrespected and treated poorly by a company who claims to pride themselves on their communication and interpersonal skills, simply because I voiced a concern to make being there pleasant.
Pros
Paid parking, coworkers are very friendly, location
Cons
Management, Interdepartmental conflicts