Alliant Insurance Services Employee Reviews

Changed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
The larger Alliant gets the more the employees become a number. They use to care about employees, Focus seems to be only on money and growing these days.
Poor Moral / Morale
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Buys Company Just For Book of Business. Does Not Care For The Well Being Of Employees. Management is not easy to talk to. Poor Moral and Morale Management.
Insurance Company
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJune 20, 2018
Good company to work for; co-workers are great. Third party administrator with ties to many outside companies for benefits and programming. Ideal hours.
Fun and hard working
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2018
Great leadership. Construction based and everyone works well together. There is a lot of collaboration going on that leads this team to success. A fairly new office.
Positive Place To Work
Commercial Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2018
Management were fair and helpful to employees. Company tried to sell the claims department along with a few other companies they owned but never found a buyer so they closed the claims department.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Claims Department Closed
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 10, 2018
The company has many great coworkers and is a very good place to work. The office is a comfortable environment and the managers are very fair and easy to work with. I enjoy my time working here.
Ok place to work
Senior Account Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Decent amount of resources available for clients, but not particularly innovative. Good culture. Upper management appeared to be interested in creating opportunity through resources.
Best food around
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 23, 2018
Fast paced and everchanging. New faces weekly. The break room is stocked with everything you could imagine. This is Alliants way of keeping employees happy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
More work than time to complete.
Would rather not comment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017January 29, 2018
Would rather not comment on this company. Apply and see for yourself. Once again I strongly suggest that you think before applying. Not every job is for every one.
Productive workplace
ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
People are Personable, positive atmosphere, on the job training is good, flexibility, Management open to discuss any issues. Moral is good. no room for growth
Horrible management but overall good place and people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2017
I relocated to San Diego to expand my experience and used a staffing agency and was briefly a temp here. It was a pleasant experience until it wasn’t. Within the first week I was told if there is ever an issue simply don’t go to my supervisor at the time I️ didn’t understand. After two months or so, I had gone to my supervisor to let her know an employee was badgering and bullying me without cause. Nothing was ever done about it, then to her supervisor with the same outcome. When neither supervisors were in the office and was disrespected by said individual, I contacted HR to have them aware so no one could twist my words. Two days later I was let go. Not that I deserved one, but there was no warning given. Ileft early that Friday due to being sick and they saw me didn’t even tell me to my face not to come back. 5 minutes later the call from the agency comes that I’m let go and due to my attendance which was so far from the truth.
As young professional whose worked hard for 8+ years and simply knowing how to behave, I have never been so disrespected and treated poorly by a company who claims to pride themselves on their communication and interpersonal skills, simply because I voiced a concern to make being there pleasant.
Pros
Paid parking, coworkers are very friendly, location
Cons
Management, Interdepartmental conflicts
Strange company culture with lack of accountability
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2017
The company is growing and has needs that are not being addressed. Instead they ride on the backs of a few who do the majority of the work, while others take advantage of a very lax culture that does not hold anyone accountable.
Pros
Very lax culture due to lack of accountability.
Cons
Very lax culture due to lack of accountability.
Productive environment, independent thinking encouraged
Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 26, 2017
Each employee has their own office which is good and bad in terms of a productive work environment, but not employee interaction. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Free water and soda
Cons
Work hours, career stability
Great co-workers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Great co-workers and easy commute; provides lots of opportunity to learn on-line and able to do so remotely from home with company provided hardware/software. Improvement needed in communication/guidance from direct report leaders located in other areas; also, need better coordination of carrier licensing
Business but fun
Assistant Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAAugust 29, 2017
Typical day, we would get our coffee and get straight to work but we all had a fun.

I was there a short period of time.

Manager was great, she treated everyone as if they were family.

Hardest part was lack of training but again I was only there short period of time.
Company that care's about servicing the clients and customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 13, 2017
Alliant Insurance Services, is a excellent company they are about servicing the customer and the client. If you needed any assistance management was always available for assistance.
Pros
Good work atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes not enough time in the day!
No Room For Growth and Below Market Wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTAugust 10, 2017
PROS:
The employees and management are friendly and staff is about 90% female. The office is clean and workspace is comfortable.

CONS:
The office in Cheshire, CT has no room for growth as 75% or more of the employees have been here for over 15 years with no change or incentive for retirement (pension). There is no formal training you have to learn the job as you go and hope you can grasp the full scope having made several errors that become your responsibility to correct, hence doing the same job twice. The pay is under market for the cost of living in Connecticut and there is no option to work overtime. You will need to have either a second job or a second source of income from someone other than yourself in order to make a 'living'. Overall, it's a dead end opportunity and the company depends on keeping their outsourced contracts in order to keep the business going. Lay-offs are inevitable and unforeseen as payroll is the companies biggest expense. Down-sizing on staff is the first option and throwing the undone tasks on the remaining staff becomes normal practice. Lastly, the job is also very tedious and stressful for the amount you take home.
Good people very friendly atmosphere
Commercial Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
All three companies were great to work for. The people were very nice to work with. Everyone was helpful if you didn't understand something. All three companies assisted in continuing education.
Pros
Just a nice place to work
Cons
None really
Very culture focused enjoyable work environment
Marketing and Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2017
IBX is the kind of company the places its employees work/life balance first. They are always looking to elevate your career path. Great people in an upscale office environment!
They need some job structuring
Insurance rater (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
I worked with the Oil & Gas department, they are lacking in experience. They need structure and to get the employees to do their work. They are relying on the Chinese to do a job that they know nothing about.
Pros
Worked from home