I was hired to be an "architecture associate". During the interview process, I was told I would be doing a lot of CAD work, coordinate with engineers, and do some energy modeling. Sounded great because of my experience in architecture, and the pay was better than most firms. Day 1, I learn that there is only about 10% CAD work, the remaining 90% is doing material counts and takeoffs from plans and entering the data into excel spreadsheets. Also, hours were explained to me to be 8:30am to 5:30pm. Sooooooo not the case. Work was until 6:30pm, and if you didn't stay past 7pm, you were harassed and rumors quickly spread. The place runs almost like a sweatshop.
The work environment itself is pretty close to what others have described. Coworkers were CONSTANTLY screwing around, hacking each others emails, nerf guns being shot at each other, food wrappers being thrown, stopping their work almost every 30 minutes to talk across cubicles and halls and being EXTREMELY loud and crude with their language. And we're talking very attractive women dropping the f-bomb and other curse words that would make any man blush.
Blessing in disguise. Worked for 3 months, but got another opportunity. Pay is slightly less, but insanely better environment. But stay the heck away from alliantgroup if you value your sanity.
Salary with overtime pay included, $5 for lunch everyday
NO professionalism or discipline, crude environment/culture, FORCED overtime, minimal benefits