alliantgroup Management reviews

Not a fan
CLIENT RELATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
If you want not to be harassed avoid it! They tell you that they don't see how your talents fit with the company and job. Have fun trying to prove yourself and defending why you are there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Not even worth it
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
GOD AWFUL place to work. In the three weeks I was there. Our manger fired three employees,one in which she hired one week then fired the next week. Including myself she let go of four NEW employees in a three week span. I have never been a part of a company so unprofessional as this one.
Pros
Free lunches & casual dress code
Cons
Everything else
This place is a joke. COMICAL.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
Promotions are based on the following criteria:
1. How late you clock out
2. How well you brown-nose
3. Number of peers you throw under the bus
Pros
Run.
Cons
Just go.
Cookie Cutter Career
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Not for someone who is creative or a thinker. They want to train you like a monkey to say the same thing over and over again (and then expect you to be PASSIONATE about it lol). If you have never had a real career before, you can probably be successful here and may even enjoy it because you don't know any better... and pay can be decent if you demand so during interview process. Management doesn't know what it means to think strategically. They think putting their people on the spot and embarrassing them is a great training tool... I could go on... but why bother?
The pay is good if you negotiate early...that's all
Senior Associate, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
I would not recommend this place for seasoned professionals, but rather for recent graduates who are willing to endure the headaches and suck up for the experience and the decent pay. People with previous work experience in positive environments do not last long in this draining atmosphere. The turnover is extremely high for a reason. The management preaches things such as work/life balance but does not provide the support or resources to feel accomplished enough to go home after many 12 hour days. In addition to the unrealistic workload, it is expected to become best friends with management (read teachers pet) and spend much of your free time at the office, rather than at home. They force company happy hours, office parties and extracurricular activities on you and question your loyalty to the company if you opt out. The workforce is extremely young and therefore immature. There is rampant gossip, inappropriate relationships and daily unprofessional obnoxiousness. Management favorites are obvious and the meritocracy is a joke. Superior work product aside, if you don't schmooze you lose. 2nd tier management just happens to be the young kids that stuck it out the longest, and they have absolutely no management experience and are quite unprofessional. If you are there 2 years and drink the kool-aid you are promoted. If you question any existing practices/processes in you will be viewed as a rebel and promptly reprimanded. If you leave the company (willingly or not) management will most likely tell people you were not on board with the culture. Oh, but they do have a ping  more... pong table, provide semi-decent lunch everyday (in hopes you don't leave the office for an hour), and often bring in beer, wine, smoothies and ice cream yay! *sarcasm*.  less
Pros
decent pay, free lunch, casual dress
Cons
everything else
I love coming to work each day
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
alliantgroup is truly a great place to work! We have a hard working, fast paced, exciting environment that I LOVE coming in to each morning. You get what you put in! If you are willing to work hard to further your career, this place is for you.
Pros
Upper management that cares about your future
Cons
Long hours, but this is across the industry
Productive/fun company with many benefits.
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with at alliantgroup. Employees are productive and have explosive personalities. There is room for improvement with how employees are treated by management.
Worst job I've ever had
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
I would highly recommend not working here. Managers are bullies, long hours, and the work is degrading. You know those "corporate tax loop holes" politicians talk about? alliantgroup's business is finding them for companies. The good side is they'll hire anyone because their turn over rate is so high. If it's between here and an eviction notice, I would work here as a place holder but actively continue my job search. Managers are incompetent and not constructive.

Most former employees agree alliantgroup is the worst job of their careers.
Pros
Easy to get hired, decent pay
Cons
Degrading work, terrible management
Be aware of fake reviews about this place. Long hours and a lot if internal issues.
Senior Associate Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
I would only work here if you are desperate to make some money, because other than the pay not many other Pros.

Organizational structure and Management ideals deeply flawed. Clear problems and issues are ignored or not addressed, while money is spent on frivolous items and events.

Employees are seen as numbers and figures, no work life balance. They tell you they believe in work life balance, but what they mean is you will have to work so many hours the only people you see are you co workers which is fine with them because they want to your work and your life merge into one.
Pros
Pay isnt bad, they cater lunch.
Cons
Literally everything else. horrible hours, high school like environment, unprofessional work environment, no transparency even though it is constantly "preached" by upper managment.
Worst Place I have Ever Worked
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I worked for alliantgroup just under a year and it was the most stressful time of my life. I have never been so embarrassed and treated so bad at a job. If you have a family forget seeing them or you will be punished for not being able to work 12-15 hours a day. If you don't wear skirts that just barely cover your butt or are not 25 or under you will get treated badly. The guys that run the company are all egomaniacs that want only brownnosers or pretty young girls to fawn over them. If you make a mistake they will call you out in front everyone to humiliate you. You will be cussed at and disrespected constantly. If you complain then you're a wimp who doesn't believe in the Blue A culture! It is the worst environment ever! I hated pulling up there everyday! I felt like I was working in the movie Mean Girls! I was so happy to get out and have a normal job again.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, Horrible Salary, Mental Abuse....

Want to know more about alliantgroup?

Ask a question
Not a place to build a career, with few exceptions.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
I'll start with the benefits of working here. One of them is there have been some very intelligent people at alliantgroup (though these individuals have high turnover) Another is that the work itself is quite interesting and the approach taken by the firm is a strong one. If you are a woman, especially an attractive one, you will find that doors open quickly for you. If you are a man, doors may open for you too if your personality matches that of "management".

Besides this, the work environment is depressing, you do not feel like a valuable asset to the company, employees are highly disposable, work hours are extraordinarily burdensome for anyone who has a social life outside the office. Management pushes the line on what is appropriate in so many ways in managing staff. Workload is unbelievable during tax seasons. It is not at all uncommon to have a 20 or more cases at the same time. You are there to serve a purpose and are valued so long as that purpose is your priority, make a mistake prioritizing and you rapidly fall from grace. There seems to be an inordinate amount of intra-office conflict between departments and teams. Employees resent each other for superficial reasons. Some employees are incredibly inept and it is infuriating. Corporate culture is highly competitive and critical. To liken the culture to a post-college Fraternity is not too off-base.

Expect to work long hours, consider work your number 1 priority, be micromanaged (including ALL your personal time), and to find yourself wondering when if ever you will get a raise/promotion.
Pros
Build some important career skills
Cons
No long-term career potential, work you way too hard, little recognition, challenging office politics, unpleasant culture
The sky is the LIMIT!
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 10, 2014
I've been with alliantgroup for several years and can say that the company is an AWESOME place to be a superstar! The company rewards high performers and you have a TON of room for advancement if you work hard and want to succeed. There is no limit on how high you can go here! A great opportunity to interact with various business executives and build relationships!
Pros
GREAT advancement opportunities! The sky is truly the limit. High performers are rewarded!
Cons
This company requests that everyone strive to be an A+++ performer, but rewards those who strive to be the best, If you are wanting a position to just be mediocre or below average, this is not the place for you
A great workplace with unlimited opportunity !
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
alliantgroup is a fast-paced, dynamic company. This company is best for those who rise above the rest and are willing to invest in their careers. As a growing company, there is a lot of opportunity to advance and develop professional skills. Management provides training and round-tables on a daily / weekly basis to develop management and analytic skills.
Pros
Excellent training from senior management, wellness program, gym in the building, investment in your career by your manager
Cons
A bit longer work hours during tax season, but this is consistent at all tax firms.
Fun, High Performance Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2014
I have been with alliantgroup for one year, and have enjoyed every minute of it. As an Associate, I manage a number of client files, collaborating externally with high level executives and internally with attorneys, engineers, and MBA’s. The opportunity to collaborate with smart, ambitious, and diverse individuals on a daily basis keeps things interesting. Each day I may spend time conducting client interviews, analyzing financial documents, calculating credits, or problem solving to reach the right answer for our clients. Every day is different and fast based and there’s never an opportunity for boredom.

The best parts of this position are (1) the people I work with every day and (2) the opportunity to help businesses succeed. Nothing feels better than having your clients call you just to tell you that you’re doing a great job and that they are grateful for all the work that you put in to help them grow their business. It is a rarity to be able to advance your own career while simultaneously being in the service of others. As a project manager, I have the opportunity to help grow an incredible organization and truly impact our clients.

The company also provides a number of perks such as free lunches, free parking, free health insurance, office happy hours,and team outings. Salaries are competitive and there are incredible opportunities for advancing your career. Hours can be long, but this is a client service business, and it varies depending on the time of year. If you’re just looking for a job, this isn’t the place for you. alliantgroup was built by and for ambitious,
  more... competitive, self-motivated individuals. The opportunities for advancement are incredible. After only a year, I have had the opportunity to develop new Project Associates and develop management and leadership skills at a pace I never would have expected. There is always an opportunity to step up and push yourself further.  less
Pros
opportunity for growth and advancement, fun, free healthcare
Palace of Micromanagement
Implementation Team - 179D (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2014
On a positive note, it is true that there are a lot of great people that you will get to work with, and this is due to the recruiters who are excellent and bring in a lot of strong talent. However, this is a must in order to keep the company afloat due to abnormally high turnover. It seems like on a weekly basis various friendly faces disappear and everyone must go about their work pretending that everything is normal. There is a bizarre cult-like atmosphere motivated by fear, but with a relentless fanfare of cheerleading in order to outperform each other. The culture is Work First, and family (along with your life as you knew it) second….a distant second. Work hours are typically 12+ hour days which includes a working lunch. You are expected to travel at the whim of middle management, if your lucky with a few days notice, and sometimes even the same day. If you don’t live in Houston, be prepared to be there for multiple weeks in a row, with travel only on Sundays and even on holidays. Travel, or any other job function that is not billable to a client cannot be during client service hours. Billable hours are your main function, and everything is closely monitored and tracked. There is little room for creativity, as all functions must follow templates and procedures - which one soon realizes they are an easily replaceable cog in a large machine, or assembly line as it was designed to be. All activities no matter what department you are in are closely monitored and scrutinized, with daily rankings of performance distributed to everyone. This works well for them  more... considering that when you gather a large group of performance driven type-A personalities that are motivated by money and pride, and put them against each other, it makes for an interesting dynamic (of which eventually people burn out). What I didn’t find interesting was observing middle management berate individuals publicly during team meetings, in order to encourage “transparency". I realize this is part of the formula to squeeze every last drop of effort from employees, because after all...fear and shame are also great motivators.

My advice to you my friend is do yourself a big favor and look elsewhere for a normal company, with a more well-rounded approach to work and life.
Stress central
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I currently work here. I have worked here for almost two years. The first 6 months were miserable. I went home upset and stressed almost every day expect Fridays. It's very unfortunate because this could be an amazing place to work. The co-workers, $5 for lunch, now free lunch since we are in the new location, free happy hours, able to wear jeans, these all make for a great positive atmosphere.... But NO. I was offered pennies at the interview, I made more money working full time in college with no degree than what they offered. I said I need and want a job but I can't work for that. They agreed to go up 2k, but I was told that wasn't a favorable request. All in all I stuck With it. Got a 3k raise after one year, but still making pennies (35k). It was frowned upon if I left at 6:00 and took a lunch. Salary plus overtime is great but we are human and need a break. Don't ask to change the work hours, or to leave at 5:00 you will get told you don't believe in the culture. Alliantgroup has a horrid turn over rate. Why can't they respect and make people that are hardworking and dedicated respect? All the pros are superficial. They need to maybe let everyone leave at 5, or not frown upon mediocre things. Most of the people here are young and it's their first job and most of us want to do well and will give you 110% but sometimes we would like may 25% in return. The company is young and has potential to keep these young people here for years, but they do not care enough. There's always another pretty girl just graduating that needs a job. Unfortunate more appreciation can't be shown.  more... I am currently seeking other employment and it will be sad to leave all the wonderful people, not necessarily management.  less
Pros
$5.00 lunch, now free lunch b/c of the new building, great city views, relaxed dress code, free health insurance
Cons
If management is having a bad day you will too, hours are terrible- 6:00 pm or later on Fridays, company shout out emails, frowned upon 15 minute breaks or lunch breaks, frowned upon having a life outside of work
If you are considering working here, DO NOT DO IT.
Associate (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 2, 2014
I worked for alliantgroup for 3 months. I went above and beyond in my role while at alliantgroup, doing other peoples jobs because they were to lazy or not capable of doing them themselves. One current employee there does not even know how to share a calendar via email. There is absolutely NO work life balance and you will get scolded for leaving "early" leaving early is 6:30PM. Be prepared to eat lunch at your desk most days and be prepared to work while you are on your "break". The upper management is a complete joke and highly self absorbed. Directors who drop the ball will blame others below them so they do not look bad in front of the CEO. Language is used towards you in hopes to intimidate and keep you on egg shells at all times. There is no job security at alliantgroup, they do not value any employee and they will let you go without warning or reason.
Pros
Nice co-workers, benifits if you last this long.
Cons
Awful managment, LONG/LATE hours
Where do I begin...?
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
Well, on the bright side I can say that I'm happy that I have a job in this difficult economy. Unfortunately my praise will abruptly end there with regard to working for alliantgroup. I was nervous about working for a company with such a terrible rap online (i.e., ripoff report, employee reviews, negative press, and so on). I needed a job so I hastily accepted a position with this company. I wish I would have held out a little longer because this experience is definitely not worth the low pay, long hours, and utterly atrocious corporate culture. Management will make your life miserable. Plus I've been learning from former alliantgroup employees that after working for alliantgroup your resume will be tainted for the rest of your career. Other companies will view you as a liability. If you are one to ignore all the negative feedback then you will unfortunately learn the hard way like I did.
Pros
somewhat interesting at times
Cons
heavily outweigh the pros
Horrible Work Enviroment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2013
I would never recommend my worst enemy to work here.

They will work you into the ground and never give you any respect.

They will treat you like a dog and insult you in front of the whole company to help you become better in their mind.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor culture and horrible managment
Joke of a Company
Architecture Associate/Energy Modeler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
I was hired to be an "architecture associate". During the interview process, I was told I would be doing a lot of CAD work, coordinate with engineers, and do some energy modeling. Sounded great because of my experience in architecture, and the pay was better than most firms. Day 1, I learn that there is only about 10% CAD work, the remaining 90% is doing material counts and takeoffs from plans and entering the data into excel spreadsheets. Also, hours were explained to me to be 8:30am to 5:30pm. Sooooooo not the case. Work was until 6:30pm, and if you didn't stay past 7pm, you were harassed and rumors quickly spread. The place runs almost like a sweatshop.

The work environment itself is pretty close to what others have described. Coworkers were CONSTANTLY screwing around, hacking each others emails, nerf guns being shot at each other, food wrappers being thrown, stopping their work almost every 30 minutes to talk across cubicles and halls and being EXTREMELY loud and crude with their language. And we're talking very attractive women dropping the f-bomb and other curse words that would make any man blush.

Blessing in disguise. Worked for 3 months, but got another opportunity. Pay is slightly less, but insanely better environment. But stay the heck away from alliantgroup if you value your sanity.
Pros
Salary with overtime pay included, $5 for lunch everyday
Cons
NO professionalism or discipline, crude environment/culture, FORCED overtime, minimal benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at alliantgroup. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight