Allianz Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I was a temp BUT
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2018
You are expected to know everything when you come out of training as a claims analyst. It just doesn't happen that way. QA department will screw you over. The trainer wasn't really a trainer, she was also a liar, but what do you expect from a company who puts on a good face then stabs you in the back.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Short Breaks, expensive cafeteria, look for excuses to get rid of you
Job
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  VAMay 17, 2018
On average you will take 50-70 calls about credit card benefits/claims. Breaks are very short a lunch and two 10 minute breaks! Every other weekend off is a plus but you may be scheduled to work two hrs later/earlier than your normal shift on your weekends to work. Not a lot of team building/outings like most call centers. Management is “ok”. Computer system was outdated/slow but was being worked on. Opportunities to advance are there. Monthly bonuses are available.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Short breaks/Claim calls
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2018
Training is rushed. You leave training ill prepared for the job. No wonder turnover is high. Computer system is not streamlined nor is it easy to juggle.
Pros
friendly associates
Cons
short breaks
Constant downsizing and off shoring
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked for a company, Fireman's Fund Insurance, which was absorbed into Allianz. It is a very different culture at Allianz. There are very few opportunities in the U.S. The company off shored a large portion of their workforce to India. There was always a lot of turnover in upper management.
Pros
Great retirement, health benefits
Bait and switch
Travel Retail (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2018
Allianz appears to be a great company to work for when you interview but once you're there the truth is revealed. The employees are micromanaged and you are treated like children in school rather than adults at work. Advancement it's not about experience or skills, you have to know the right people to be looked at for additional duties or growth. The management team is disengaged and doesn't have the proper training to effectively lead. There is a definite lack of support in this organization and favoritism is blatant. The entire management needs an overall from the director to the team leads.
Pros
Nice building, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, poor leadership, prison like
Good start to learning to work hard for your money
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergDecember 7, 2017
The Allianz AG has a very good education program to build up successful insurance seller.
You have a lot of opportunities to step up from you current position.
Company in transition
Retirement Consultant Hybrid - DCIO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Allianz is a great company to work for (global). However, the New York based asset management group (i.e. Allianz Global Investors) lacks true leadership. They seem to change their mind on the direction of the firm and goals with the way the wind blows. Not a great business strategy.

I was honored to work there, and wish I could still be a part of a growing progressive company, but that is not what Allianz Global Investors has become.
Pros
Great retirement benefits, pay
Cons
Awful management
Great company to work for.
Manager, Cash Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTOctober 4, 2017
Very relaxed culture. Good management team. Worked with various team members and departments in the company. Great healthcare benefits and vacation time.
Amazing Internship Opportunity
U.S. Retail Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
I worked at Allianz Global Investors as an intern and it was a very eye opening and impacting experience to delve into the world of Finance.

A typical day at work consisted of working as a sales desk associate directly under the SVP of sales who was very keen and transparent on the responsibilities and traits needed to be successful there.

The workplace culture was welcoming and very professional.

Management was very hands on with weekly lunch and learns where interns were able to speak directly with upper management.
Organizational changes are occurring
Business Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
Currently, there are a variety of organizational changes occurring with limited opportunities for advancement unless you can work in Chicago or New York.
Constant downsizing and off shoring
Technical Business Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 15, 2017
I worked for a company, Fireman's Fund Insurance, which was absorbed into Allianz. It is a very different culture at Allianz. They are slashing jobs in order to lower expenses. There is no future for any U.S. employee at this company.
Summary
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Biggest issue is a general lack of confidence in senior level management and the mid- to long-term direction of the firm. Work/life balance is strong. Historically the firm has been pretty relaxed but a shift in leadership has added a bit more stress.
Pros
Good people, benefits
Cons
Firm's lack of clear direction
Good people to work with.
Claims Service Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day of work as a claims associate is setting up at least 35 claims per day. However, they outsourced this position and will not be hiring for this position. That is why I no longer work there. I was laid off. I learned quite a few different systems and have experience in all of them that we used. The management depends on who the manager is. My managers/supervisors were pretty laid back, but there were some temporary managers that micro-managed. The workplace culture was really good and fun in some areas, and "clicky" in others. It all depends on what department you are in. The hardest part of the job at first was keeping all of the systems and types of claims straight, but as time goes on it gets a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people I met and became friends with.
Benefits
Decent call center to work for but can be very demanding
TRAVEL RETAIL SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2017
good place to work and offers opportunities for advancement, however the work environment can be more improved. Micro-management is very heavy here, communication from management to associates as far as feedback is lacking and does need to provide more support for employees.
Used to be a good company . . .
IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 9, 2017
I had many happy years working for Fireman's Fund Insurance Company and then the parent company decided to sell the Personal Insurance side of the business, so at that point we were merged into Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty. Once that occurred, it was all down hill for the next 2 years supporting the buyout process. Employees that were part of the "discontinued operations" did not feel valued, until the point of being layed off once the transition to the new buyer was complete.
Pros
Decent company match on 401K
Cons
Healthcare increases annually; Poor work environment
In Transition
Director (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 25, 2017
Lots of changes on the asset management side of Allianz. Those who are patient and do their jobs will be rewarded. Otherwise the people who work there are fantastic and really have passion to succeed.
Pros
Cons
Uncertainty
Learned a lot
FNOL Claims Service Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers while working in this contract position. The supervisors were supportive and easy going. Krystal Cummins, one of the Supervisors was always straightforward with all of us..
Great company to work for
Oracle & SQL Server DBA, App & Sys Admin (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2017
Good opportunities and allowed to telecommute. I really liked my team and my manager. Changed business units several times and found all areas well run.
Great place to build your career
Small Accounts Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
It was wonderful to be a part of this company. I really enjoyed my colleagues - great people at all levels, with the highest of professionalism. Good work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
Remote employees need to be made to feel more a part of the 'team'.
nice job
Trial Lawyer (Former Employee) –  allianz romaniaJuly 24, 2017
Magnifique place to work,friendly working environment, great colleagues, strong team, great benefits.
Allianz was my second home and the team-my second family.
Pros
great group