Allianz Life Employee Reviews

Allianz is a good company to work for
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 24, 2018
Allianz is an expert company to work for! They have excellent pay, a gorgeous campus with restaurants, a gym and even a daycare.

The only downside is that over time they became a strict corporate environment and are now focused on profits more than the people who work there. They ship jobs overseas to save money, but the quality of the work suffers.

IF you can keep up with their high demands and they don't suddenly ship you job off to India, then you will be fine here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits. gorgeous campus
Cons
Very high demands- jobs are eliminated and sent overseas to save money
Fun work place
Sr. Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 23, 2018
Allianz work culture is great! Work life balance and fitness camps are really good. There is micro management in some groups and the ability to connect remote is tough. Allianz gives very less flexibility to connect remote, other than that It is a great work place with lot of fun activities.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Limited Flexibility
Productive and great cultural workplace.
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2018
I learned the different dynamics of critical and creative thinking. The most challenging part of the job was to apply my aptitude with no structural training. The experience of it all taught me you can overcome any obstacles and appreciate challenges.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Increase salary range
Industry Innovation and International Leadership
Senior Agent/Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 26, 2018
This company has been an international leader in the financial services industry and has a successful history of more than 100 years. They acquired the innovative annuity and insurance company Life USA more than 20 years ago.

In the turbulent, changing and heavily regulated insurance/financial services industry they are as stable as any.
Pros
Flexibility for Independent Agents
Cons
Heavily Regulated Insurance/Financial Services Industry
Web team and codeset is disaster
Developer (Former Employee) –  Golden ValleyFebruary 3, 2018
Worked as a contractor in the interactive technology/web mobile team and couldn't get away fast enough. The code is a mess and you will spend most of your time trying to wind your way out of the spaghetti code. They use SiteCore but implemented it their own way, so if you're a SiteCore dev steer clear or you'll be very sad. They use buzz words like SPA. It's their own home grown app that will not translate to any other company, so it's worthless to have on your resume. The company still uses BizTalk 2010 so most services are done in XML. They still use Unity for IoC/Dependency Injection and are exploring the use of a Nuget repository. The use of GIT is a major source of strife as your code will likely be merged over multiple times. If you are a developer who takes pride in keeping current, run, don't walk away from this place. The turnover and burnout is crazy. Wish I hadn't responded to the company who sent me there.
Pros
Low expectations with high contract payrate
Cons
Projects are poorly planned, lots of rework, no one knows what is going on
Allianz Life
VP OF ANNUITY SALES, ANN ARBOR ANNUITY EXCHANGE (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Allianz is a German based company so the benefits are great. However it is a very large corporation so politic often get in the way of getting things accomplished.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership and big business
Good
Sr. IT Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Management is good. Job culture is very good, employee engagement is high.Since 1896, we've had the strength and stability to fulfill our promises. Through bull markets and bear markets, we've stayed true to our careful planning, disciplined investing, and risk management expertise. That's why we're well positioned for what's ahead.
Highly skewed to sales
Derivatives Trader (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 13, 2017
Everything runs around the sales people. Everybody else is secondary. Very vertical hierarchy. Hard to advance. Some people have been doing same thing for decades. Lots of rah-rah.
Not for me
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
The best thing about Allianz are the facilities. Two good cafeterias and nice office overall. It's all about putting on show at this place. Hard work is for suckers, the important thing is to win the popularity contests.
Pros
Nice facilities.
Cons
High school all over again except your career is at stake.
Workplace encouraging wellness and family life
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2017
They built fitness facility on the premises, have pump rooms for nursing moms, now even a daycare options! Great cafeteria and a shop, where one could buy some basic stuff without setting a foot outside.

Having some internship and work exchange options for employees wanting to work even in their German branch. Great with multi-cultural diversity.

I remember them investing into our personal and professional growth, looking to engage employees on cost-saving initiative and having a leadership that maintained an open-door policy.
Pros
Many work perks and benefits
Cons
Long hours especially during peak times for reporting
It's an ok place to work
Resource/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2017
Allianz was an decent, place to work, good location within the city of Richmond, VA. Decent hourly pay, hours of operation was 24hrs, I worked the midnight shift
N/a
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 26, 2017
This company by far is one of the best that I have worked for. They treat their employees with respect and truly take care of them. Pay is fair and the benefits are outstanding.
Business Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
Learnt alot every single day. Work has been very productive and learnt alot. The manager was helpful and work has been hectic.
working atmosphere was very competitive.
Senior Product and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2017
I would recommend Allianz to anyone, I loved my time there and would encourage anyone to reach out with the idea in mind that you could be there for the rest of your career if you want to.
Great people, great company, great benefits, competitive pay
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 13, 2017
I would love to work for this company for the rest of my life if it wasn't such a stressful job, and so long of a commute from my home. Allianz really is a great place to work, and has a very diverse workforce.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture
Cozy and Comfortable Office Space
Support Services Representative - Temp (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 9, 2017
My favorite place I worked at, very sad it was only a temporary job but I learned a lot in a little time. The only thing bad about the job was the hired manager who worked in business insurance and not farm insurance which was our office's type.
Great work environment
Custodian Owned Policies (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2017
Company is an awesome company to work for. You always receive your 40 hour work week and never cut short. The pay is not quite all that good and could be much better. Other than that, the company is a great company to work with. The customers keep this company going.
Fast paced enviroment
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 11, 2017
Fast paced environment. The most challenging job I ever worked at. This job gave the tools and confidence to start my own company in May 2003. I performed educational seminars for seniors
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 29, 2017
Very stressful work environment. They had a lack of empathy or sympathy. If you are in the contact center be prepared to stay if you become a customer service representative II or III once you make 20.00 or more a hour they do everything to keep you in the contact center. But hey the choice is yours!
Highly recommend
Workforce Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 29, 2017
Great place to work. Great work and life balance. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys connecting with other people in their organization. They put an emphasis on connection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Life. Our community is ready to answer.