Allianz Employee Reviews

Garbage place to work
BankCard Associate (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAMarch 31, 2019
Absolutely horrible and the management were so picky with QA. They would call you out if your wording was not 100% correct no matter what the situation or even if the customer dropped the call. Health insurance was terrible with outrageous deductibles. Had to stay on calls even with customers screaming obscenities in your ear. The claims department was very ineffective and never got claims completed in the time frame we were told to give the customer. Manager's only advice about that was to tell them to give it another 3-5 business days even though they knew full well it would take longer. Would not recommend unless you have no other option.
Pros
$15 an hour
Cons
Literally everything else
Fast paced and fun environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2019
Being at Allianz was fun. There were a lot of events held and the work environment was comfortable. Everyone got along. There were a lot of things that the office did to engage everyone like games, food, etc.
Don't go there!
Bankcard Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 18, 2019
horrible claims process and no communication amongst departments, shady management

The internal development process is a false hope to many people that desire to move forward. The people that do are predetermined in training.
Pros
Great salad bar in the cafe and almost endless Overtime if needed
Cons
under staffed, high attrition rate, and poor claims department
Not a diverse place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 10, 2019
I interview with this company and they made me wait over an hour to get interviewed because the manager was in a meeting. Also, this place is not diverse at all and on my walk to the interview room no employees greeted me at all. I would not recommend wasting your time applying for this company.
Fun place to work and time flies when busy
-Account Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXDecember 13, 2018
I like to stay busy as my day goes by faster. I come in and start my day with balance the account from the previous day. Once I am done with that. I jump in and assist with un-identified checks, posting paying on to the insured's policies and assisting where ever I can and wherever help is needed.
My work place had a very pleasant environment and always looked forward to working.
The job was not hard as I did the same thing every day and enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
The shift I wored was 7:00 am to to 4:00 pm
good place to work
Service Associate in Bankcard Services (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 14, 2018
My typical day at work was a good one. We just focused on claim examining and accepting and/or rejecting claims that customers filed. My colleagues and managers were very easy to get along with.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
temporary
Great company
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2018
Allianz is a great company despite the micromanaging and treating employees like students, constant inconsistency with information and policies. It’s not what you know but who you know. Promotions should be experienced based not if the manager likes you. If you voice your concerns over unfair treatment or bias you will be terminated. Keep your head down, be quiet and work. This department does NOT foster the open door policy, make a complaint, grievance or go to HR you will be terminated. Management doesn’t resolve issues they get rid of them. Make your money and go home.
Pros
Ability to work remotely, great benefits, decent pay
Cons
Micromanaging, short breaks, no talking
Very De-Centralized
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
As a company of over 125 years, the original form of the company has morphed into an extremely large, diverse, and de-centralized group of entities. The different entities often are at odds with the parent company and wish to govern themselves, causing conflict. The culture is very much compliance based and rigid, with different interpretations across the world on communication styles - the German workers are quite direct in what they say, the Americans are quite sensitive and require more relational discussion before getting to the topic on hand, and the APAC population is quite formal in their communication style.
Allianz was a great place to work.
Phone Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2018
Allianz was a great place to work. However, I had to relocate to the Hampton Roads area. A typical day consisted of answering customer inquiries regarding travel insurance and setting up those plans via computer. I learned the importance of being a team player and that every area working together is vital to everyone's success. The workplace culture was comradely. The hardest part of the job was negligible since they trained us very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction and being able to give clients the information they needed to make positive choice.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good benefits.
Cons
None that I can think of presently.
a typical day at work
Bankcard rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2017
Come in and get your station set up and prepare to start taking call. it was very easy work just go by the check list for the benefits and initiate claims when needed
Great Work Life Balance
Senior Claims Adjuster - Entertainment Division (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Management and HR are difficult to get a hold of. Great people working there although many are unhappy. Technology is antiquated. Overall I would recommend working here, as you learn alot and work independently but you have to be willing to deal with the stress.
Pros
8-4 type environment
Cons
Low Moral
Ad assistante
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Great supervisor absolutely loved her, great and awesome co-workers always very helpful and supportive, very generous people with great higher ups and a very fun and energetic enviroment.
Same as previous
Director, Global IT Vendor Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2016
Large German company trying to change in an uncertain environment. Best if you are starting out in your career. Opportunities to travel but compensation is weak and executive leadership only interested in bonuses.