Allied Systems Company Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Allied Systems Company is Terrible
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJuly 9, 2018
I have never worked in a more toxic environment. Two managers in particular should be let go immediately. Meetings to pass time doesn't solve problems
Pros
Ability to travel and get away from the office
Cons
Management can't manage their way out of a cardboard box in the rain
Terrible Place to Work.
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORDecember 21, 2017
Chaotic, and in constant disarray.
Supervisors are very uneducated and have been promoted due to friendships or their ability to endure constant criticism, and demands that are unreasonable.
Outright refusal to maintain the equipment.
Rusty, old, dirty, and broken machines.
No preventive maintenance, and it takes weeks to get something fixed.
But, boy oh boy, they want you to produce. They want you to work, and work, and they do not care about anything else, not even the fact that they are not providing the tools to do the job.
Workforce is low education, rude, and kinda backwoods. Very cut throat, and relationships dictate your success.
Terrible, and I left after a few short (but far too long) months.
There are many better places.
Pros
Cons
Dirty, chaotic, mismanaged, underpaid, high turnover, no future.
Low Wages = Shinking Talent Pool to Choose From
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ORDecember 13, 2017
Refusal to accept they pay unfairly low wages for the job being performed. Constant revolving door, people get trained, only to leave for more money.
Pros
Certain key friendships with colleagues
Cons
Low pay; poor management; no forsight towards the future
poorly ran and on a fast decline.
FIELD SERVICE REP/WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  sherwood, ORDecember 4, 2017
this place was a joke, they have no idea how to make a company operate or profit. there is very poor management who is always trying to avoid doing any work. the product quality is so bad they pay more in warranty than the product cost but make money by selling the parts at crazy high prices when the warranty runs out. this is a sinking ship with no hope unless the owner sells to someone willing to invest in the company.
Some good - Some bad
Western Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORAugust 31, 2017
Some divisions are good to work with but the attachment division has many problems including late deliveries ,high prices and bad management. There is no growth potential as only a handful of people cover this division.
Left for a better job opportunity and shorter commute.
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORMay 13, 2017
During my time working there, the people were great, great hands-on experience in blueprint reading and manufacturing large agricultural equipment. Would still be there if the pay was a little better and the commute was a little shorter.
Pros
Cons
Long commute
I was a clerk for the owner
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORMarch 5, 2017
I typed, reviewed, and submitted paperwork for the owner. I was in school during this period. Everyone seemed quite happy while I was there.
Face paced
Material Handling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORMarch 4, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment, focused on productivity. Management is always looking for ways to get more work for less compensation. The owner does not care too much about his workers.
Pros
Yearly company picnick
Cons
Alot of proceedures
Great Place to gain experience but limited growth
Part & Services Department Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJanuary 2, 2017
Management changes in the past few years have caused micro-management in a less than desirable work environment where tools are not provided to achieve the unrealistic expectations of upper management. Benefits were great. Employee culture is wonderful and somewhat blue collar and family oriented. Career Advancement is limited and top performers are given increased responsibility with little to no increases in compensation.
This is a great place to gain some excellent work experience, but not a place that very many can put in roots for a lucrative career.
Fast paced work place with opportunity to move around.
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORMarch 26, 2015
In three months at this company I held four different job titles due to inconsistent availability of work. We would run out of parts or orders and I would move to another assembly line. Then, same thing and I moved to paint shop, then I was media blasting, painting, and finally I became a maintenance man until I was finally let go.
Pros
Learning opportunities, lateral "advancement"
Cons
Low job security
Great experience and good pay plus many friendly employees
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJune 19, 2014
I was hired to Allied halfway through my 2 year program with very little experience. There is a wealth of experience to be had here. Overall, I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Work to find jobs for employees when orders are light
Cons
Need more work in sales department
OK place if you are a mechanic
Tube Bender (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORApril 16, 2014
I liked the work environment and my direct supervisor and co-workers. I had no experience bending hydraulic tubes or makes hoses for heavy equipment, but I demonstrated to the supervisor that I could understand and perform the necessary task accord to the design print and received a $3 raise in 6 months. I picked up on how to operate the machinery very quickly. I then organized my areas and helped with ordering materials as necessary. I was able to use my knowledge of trigonometry and spacial relationships to create tube designs for new equipment which I enjoyed the most as it was the most challenging. My biggest problem was that there were many, many tube designs that were flawed. I would submit correction after correction to the engineers, but they would never update the design and that was very frustrating.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Dangerous place to work; lazy engineers
Unique product mix
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, OregonSeptember 5, 2013
Engineering company with five main product lines.

We are able to build many different types of complex equipment and manufacture 95% of all components in house.

Most challenging requirements are recruiting for niche positions with major competition from other local manufacturing firms.

Never a boring place to work with constant challenges.
Employee turn over rate is nearly 75percent....allied blows
heavy equipment (Current Employee) –  sherwood oregonJanuary 18, 2013
Avoid this place! There is a reason why they are always advertising for openings in the paper and online, its because employees there are always quitting or getting terminated by low educated management staff. Employee turn over rate is nearly 75percent .Working there is like working for Stalin, You will see they try to work you like a dog and show you no respect. they always Focused so much on financials, not on the humans, that have families, we all worked for a hot head who had been there and done everything. No raises! No advancement opportunities!
I liked the job but not the pressure to get work done fast and cut corners that was the one thing that was ok. with management, because then they could get the warranty work after the customer takes possession... They claim to be all about safety unless they have to pay overtime or fix anything then its an big issue. Some management (blg 5) seemed ok until they stab you in the back and throw you under the bus.just so he can keep his new Toyota truck I never got written up once always came in on time and did extra overtime when they needed to get a project out on time..but when it came down to layoffs after 3yrs, instead of seeing all of my achievements, they go ahead and hire 2 new hires at less per hr then lay me off and 8 others hired at the same time and the pay,,...................................like i said back stabbers...dont waste your time with these CLOWNS..because it will be a waste.of YOUR TIME,,,,....
Pros
headache starts at 6am and ends at 230pm
Cons
pis poor management staff....
Short Summary
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORDecember 10, 2012
Workday in the engineering office included meetings with management covering current design projects, constant communication with all areas of the company (fabrication, machining, assembly, purchasing, parts sales).

Engineering was strictly driven by customers request via the sales department. Personally it seemed that quality and performance of product took second seat to getting it delivered on time and making a profit.