Allied Technical Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good pay with long hours
Contract Engineer, Contingent Worker (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 10, 2018
Work for company clients at the clients facilities. Hours are dependent on the work being performed. Work is various and interesting. Work culture is dependent on the Client and not controlled by the company.
Pros
High hourly Salary
Cons
Contract position has a short employment duration
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMarch 15, 2018
As an employee of Allied Technical Resources, I was assigned to a large utility company. It was a wonderful job, very flexible, and I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Excellent pay
Good Contract Firm
Temporary Part-Time Drafter (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCJanuary 16, 2018
They have always placed me with good companies. Typical contract firm. they find you a good assignment, charge a good rate and have easy payroll time sheets to fill out.
n/a
Mechanical / Civil Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Great company to work for, good pay....this is a contract company, working with clients in the energy industry. Your individual company that you contract with will be different... in my case I enjoyed working in the Nuclear industry, the only cons with this industry is the continuous training and testing that is required.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no real benifits
Here are my honest thoughts and experiences with this company.
EHS Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2016
Very pro-active and supportive personnel. Anything that I needed on the jobsite was either handled by the company or arrangements were made in time to solve the various problems that arose.
Pros
Very good treatment by the personnel at this company.
Cons
There were no problems or complaints that I could honestly address.
productive work place
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2016
It was a pleasure to work with the greatest Engineers in Nuclear Industry. I have grown as a individual and learned a lot. I highy support this company
Pros
free lunches, birthday cards
Cons
healthcare
Supportive and Productive Company
Challenges , we worked inside nuclear power plants where we revised the database. I have nothing but great things to say about everyone that i have met during that time frame period.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Typical Contract Placement Company, Provided feeback of work performance once and all negitive issues were petty office comments, no performace
Sr. Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2015
Work at Duke was as expected, little training and no over active supervision. Office politics unexpected. Large work load and left alone to crank out as fast as possible.
Pros
Placement process clear
Cons
Feedback from Duke was petty office issues not performance
Was Procurement Lead for major modification to the Oconee Nuclear Station.
This was an excellent company to work for. No two days were alike. Job was very challenging but financially rewarding. Reason I left was that the particular project that I worked was completed.
Pros
Challenging and was paid weekly.
Cons
Great company to work for
1.Over-site new construction to make sure contractors where following Duke Energy procedures and doing quality work also following duke energy safety rules.
2. How to deal with all kinds of different problems that may come up with constructors.
3.Management teams worked together
4. Co-workers would go out of there way to help me on anything that I may need.
5. Seeing people that you became good friends with get laid of. But I knew this was part of the business in this kind of work.
6. Going to work everyday to see what kind of new challenges I would have.