Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 13,962 reviews matching the search See all 14,030 reviews
Broken Promises
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALMay 22, 2019
Company i was hired with was bought out and we were told that raises were coming and a bunch of other improvements, i never get paid for my overtime on time anymore. its a huge mess
Accommodations
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 22, 2019
I work night shift and I like the fact that there is not much to worry about except conduct patrols. Employees at the site I work at don't come in until 530 am and by that time, I only have an hour and a half left to go home.
Pros
Hours, work environment and culture.
Cons
Benefits and salary.
It’s a cool place to work just not for me.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
We learn a lot about checking alarms and being a security guard it’s a cool place it just doesn’t fit into my life schedule because it’s overnight and I have a family.
Poor job/life balance.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 22, 2019
Management expects you to be on call 24/7.,They try to cheat you of your vacation., I ended up stuck in a schedual were the normal hours was only 30 per a week ,but I worked 6 days a week. It was that or back to back 12 hr shifts to make up for some idiot they hired and wventually terminated., There hadn't even a Thank you for making sacrifaces for the team., I had to take a job with another company to get a job with descent hours.
Pros
Paid lunch times. They are huge and have lots of accounts.
Cons
Poor life/work balance., You can get a descent post or a very bad of a post. It depends on luck., Once management locks you into a post there is little chance of improving your lot.
Our Account Manager is the main reason for a good review
Console Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Our work site is laid back. Every worksite is different just be prepared to do the job. You may have to walk & stand for long periods of time, be exposed to the weather. There is room for advancement. Benefits and pay are just okay.
Pros
It's steady work /opportunity to advance
Cons
Benefits not great/the pay is just okay
Standard Security job that will get some of your bills paid.
Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 22, 2019
Overall the company has a history of a lot of law suits and unpaid wages, but on the other hand this company has help me and my family through college and other things as well. It all depends on the site and the management there to give it a better rating. Most of the site the company has, have poor management and need to retrain there staff in my opinion.
Pros
Pay check of a weekly basis.
Cons
Everything else, plus management.
Management Sucks
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 22, 2019
If Allied loses your site, the regional supervisor will lead you to believe you will be placed at another assignment then leave you unemployed. Regional supervisors will also talk about you behind your back around other employees. Unprofessional and untrustworthy.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Stingy with overtime
allied
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 21, 2019
changed the company name 2 times while i was employed with them. always had to call and ask for my vacation pay because it was never added on my check.
alright/ not frun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2019
was there for several years, security work was not for me completely but di a good job. it was very had to work with people and make everyone happy, a change was needed.
Pros
built on my people skills
Cons
what
Must pay attention and have the ability to talk to any type of person.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 21, 2019
Was a good place to work. I was able to be outside as well as talk to people from all walks of life. Had to have good math skills and able to pay attention to items and what items that are on the paperwork that the guest have.
Productive place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 21, 2019
Great overtime and advancement opportunities, good place to work. Clean and organized environment to work in, and is good for long term work and career.
They "DO" promote.
Grave Shift Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2019
After a couple of weeks on the job I was given the opportunity to to accept a supervisor's role at my assigned post. Naturally I accepted and the overtime that came with it. Management was cool, so were the clients. I highly recommend them.
Save yourself a headache.
Security Officer, Level III (armed) (Former Employee) –  Sam Antonio, TXMay 21, 2019
Account manager are surly and hateful if you try to talk too them about a problem. Officers are expendable - warm body policy. Sure supervisors are cutthroat, hypocritical, and untrustworthy. Advancement over the backs of officers. Hostile workplace. Good-ol-boy system. You experience and training doesn't matter - who you know and suck up to does. Worst company I've ever worked for. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
Corrupt management, hostile workplace, officers don't matter.
You Get To See Famous People Shake Their Hands & Talk To Them.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2019
I Learned A Lot Working For Allied Universal Just Didn't Have The Right Manager & Choosed The Wrong Site.The Pay Was Ok But Not Enough To Live Off Of.
Pros
Grate Job Grate Opportunities
Cons
Short Breaks No Good Management
Very professional workplace.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2019
Most of their facilities are professional. However, others are not. Some of the employees fraternize with the clients and other staff. Some employees have had relations with clients and other staff as well.
A confederacy of knuckleheads
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 21, 2019
50 cents above minimum wage pay. They will cut your hours without warning after hiring you based on full time work. The scheduling is always inaccurate and planned poorly. They'll call you in after they realized they screwed up the schedule. They'll call you when you're sleeping after working graveyard shifts. They'll call you in to work a double shift whether you've slept or not. There is no support or information given at your postings from management. Management is incompetent and lack any rapport with employees. They will hire anyone. If you're over 70 and in ill health you have a great shot of getting some hours.
Pros
Uniform is included
Cons
Hours cut, incompetent management, lack of respect or boundaries, low pay
Very challenging because management indecisions
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 21, 2019
The management had so many supervisors and lack of communication between them you would never would from day to day where you be sent. Many locations would refuse properly train you. Could not learn position with one day training if you got trained at all!!!
Pros
Cons
Everyday was a work challenge.
it was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2019
Great company to work for. There is room to grow in the company. The management is very hands-on and are reachable if you need them. They also have on-going education.
Benefits
Level ll Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2019
Unlike most companies you only get benefits if you qualify for them . So my whole two years working for allied I never received benefits. There was plenty of overtime available but My manager would somehow finesse the system
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Healthcare
Beggars cant be choosers
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAMay 21, 2019
I have never worked for a large company with so many problems till I worked here. Lack of organization and care for there guards. They r very quick to promise u the world but very slow on fulfilling they're promises.
Pros
Plenty of ot
Cons
Lucky if u get paid ot/ or not fired for managements mistakes.