Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 12,313 reviews matching the search See all 12,357 reviews
Advancement/ Compensation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 20, 2018
A company that is absolutely customer/ client driven. Allied Universal works extremely hard to meet the needs of all their clients on a daily bases. AU just lacks to recognize hard working managers and compensate as needed.
Pros
Good HR.
Cons
Lack Perks
Great Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 20, 2018
Well I did secured Fed Ex Kennesaw Location. I learned how to run truck gate, check in/check out trucks and truck drivers and check seals. I also learned how to metal wand the employees and check them in through the metal detectors. Management was very cool and really helped and made sure you were good and comfortable on the job. Workplace is very busy and steady work but also has it's moments when it's slow and you can relax. The hardest part was working the truck gates when it's super hot, super cold, or snowing because no matter the conditions you still had to go out of the booth to check truck drivers and check seals and all. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new faces everyday and putting a smile on all of their faces and getting steady exercise.
Pros
Exercise, CO-workers and management is cool
Cons
Being outside no matter what the weather conditions are
Character Building
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 20, 2018
I secured a very stressful and gang ridden apartment complex. The experience taught me how to strengthen my integrity, deescelation skills and helped me build my character.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Stressful Environment
Productive great place to start when your looking for work.
Fire Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
All and all a great place to work if you're just starting out in the security field. You get to work with all types of people that help you learn to grow and to get better at your craft.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Hours vary at times
Care more about contract than employees
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Everett, MASeptember 20, 2018
The company will bend over backwards to please the client while neglecting its employees. Don't worry though they will lie through their teeth to you to placate you until they can replace you with one of the hundreds of applicants they get daily. Oh and they will buy every security company in the area to monopolize the contract security business so that you have no where to turn to.
One of the better security companies
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 20, 2018
It is one of the better security companies. Don't expect anything stellar as far as benefits. You have to pay for your insurance and your 401K is only matched if you are a salaried employee.
Pros
Decent Company
Cons
Bad upper management
A great company you could learn from if you love doing security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Allied Universal Security is a great company! They will help you out as much as possible to satisfy everyone needs the right way doing whatever they can too make the best OIT of every situation.
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Nice people. Horrible sites. Cool uniform. Forgetful about giving staff breaks and lunches. Otherwise great corporate! Some people that work with you seem to think they were the police. Our job needs to be clear to Everybody. We Observe and Report.
good job
Expert (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Lots of overtime but then again lots of people called out. Sometimes it was slow pace which was good but also fast pace which was good too. Management was good whenever I worked great place.
Simple requirements
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day would consist of property patrols and reports as well as customer service. I learned the companies policies regarding operations. The overall management is inexperienced and unwilling to honestly provide the service expected from the clients. The employees get along well and have confidence in each other. The hardest part of the job is trying to appropriately handle security issues while being undermined by management. The best part of the job is the opportunity to build relationships with the client employees.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
lack of confidence in management
Very Friendly work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2018
This job has very good communication skills. Every day there's a new task. It's a great company for first time security guards who want a career in security.
Pros
30 min lunch break on the clock
Cons
4 hours manditory over time.
I gave this company three stars because i feel it could be more organized and the employees could be treated a little better.
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 19, 2018
I've worked with Allied a little over a year now. This company has really helped me with being able to go to school and work. It could be ran a little better but it worked for the time being.
Pros
Decent pay, Good coworkers
Cons
Shift hours a little much. If somebody doesn't show you have to stay for four hours OT.
Alied
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Allied Universal Services. They are a team building organization. They seem to really care about the well being of their staff.

I look forward to my continuing employment with Allied Universal.
Pros
In house advancement
Cons
Sometimes your relief does not show up
It was slow paced
Security/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2018
I was hired on as a site manager. I enjoyed working with the people who worked for me. Even though I was the manager, the employees who worked under me, taught me so much in the brief time I was there. The hardest part of the job was waiting for cars to come through to the train yard only because I'd go hours without a single person coming through.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
A bit too slow
Pleasant place to work, mostly easy, creepy bosses.
command center guard (Former Employee) –  Somerset Properties in Fort Washington PASeptember 18, 2018
I worked in a command center alone. The training for emergencies was inadequate. The job itself was pretty nice, and the people, and my supervisor was great. The upper management was bad: they do not care about their employees, and handle things unfairly. We had a Café that was very nice for food, snacks, and beverages. I spent most of my time letting in delivery people, and handing out badges to cleaning personnel.
Pros
Nice building to work in, mostly easy work.
Cons
Nasty uncaring managers
workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 18, 2018
The hours I worked weren't bad, and I got paid decent, but management was terrible. Its not a secured job and my supervisor never answered his phone when we needed something.
group leader chemical work place
ACID CREW LEADER (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 18, 2018
My typical work day at this place was going to work with very sexist men being the only woman. Also having to do a very scum job because they refused to put me in a hire paying position because i was a woman.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
sexist
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I work mostly the night shift but in a pinch I could and did cover someone on the day shift if someone was sick or if they got a call to come in to the main office
Is fun work place but as the same time you got to do your job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
First of all I’m really hard worker I do my job and I promise That .I got experience too so I’m good to go and I’m ready to do every thing I will have to do ..and I do wanna get Job
Pros
It would be awesome free lunches but it’s not necessary
Cons
Health care is important
Easy but also mind numbing
Lobby Concierge Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
This company is incredibly easy to work for job wise. You spend a lot of time sitting at a post or doing random foot patrols checking for safety hazards or people who have breeched security. You also respond to emergency's in the building and assist with first responders entering and exiting the building.

However, the district office is an unorganized disaster and upper management does not respect employees. Some of the direct supervisors are incredibly supportive leaders and help you take a day off when you need it. However, some supervisors show extreme bias towards those they do not like and there is a lot of drama and favoritism on the team that upper management chooses to ignore regardless of numerous complaints. This is not at every site but Allied as a whole tends to hire people just to fill seats and values quantity over quality when it comes to hiring so competent people are far and few.
Pros
Easy money, regular set schedules, overtime available, good work-life balance, paid weekly
Cons
Management, favoritism, incompetent people, boring duties