Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 12,057 reviews matching the search See all 12,100 reviews
Buenos compañeros en un buen ambiente laboral
Seguridad en recepción de oficinas centrales AT&T (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 18, 2018
Excelente puestos deposito directo y bono pagan bien las horas extras
Great Experience
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2018
Met so many great people. Will definitely would work again.
Staff was very attentive.
Offered competitive salary.
Easy Transferring.
They have great accounts all over Los Angeles.
Horrible Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJAugust 17, 2018
The management was horrible. Very disorganized and unprofessional.I wouldn't recommend working for this company unless your okay with not being listened to as an employee and working extra hours because company doesn't have enough coverage for call outs.
Good Place to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Allied. They do not pay very well. However, I had a very sick child while working there. They always worked with me on my schedule so I could be with my child that was battling cancer.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Not very good pay for the job we had to do.
riding a bike around the college
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 17, 2018
riding a bike around the college. making sure that the employees and the students are safe from crimes and are safe to get back to their classes and other areas of the college campus
Pros
staying in shape
Cons
late hours
A lot depends on the individual assignment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
My time with Allied Universal Security (before the merge Universal Protection Service) has varied based on the assignment. Each assignment has its pros & cons. I have had assignments in which I patrolled a lot in a vehicle, patrolled various facilities constantly walking and sat at a desk answering phone calls and monitoring cctv.
I've had assignments in which I have been fairly isolated with little or no interaction with anyone and I've had assignments in which I had constant interaction with customers and other staff (distribution warehouse), it comes down to what you are comfortable with.
Each assignment is drastically different and shift hours also play a role too. I have had a lot positive experiences and a few negative but it really depends on the assignment you have the opportunity to work with and how it works for you.
Pros
various
Cons
If assigned a floater, unpredictability in location & working hours.
Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 17, 2018
I'm very happy here. They've been very good working with me on my hours and placing me where I can be successful. I work at two sites very close to each other.
Pros
Supervisors, hours
Cons
More hours
Good starter job
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216August 17, 2018
I took the job after serving in the Navy for 13 years. It was a good job for transitioning from the military. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement but a good job to get your feet wet.
Pros
steady work
Cons
pay, little advancement
Allied Universal
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2018
pays the bills but it depends on the account that you are on, that determines the pay rate you get. They are military friendly and do not mind working around your schedule.
Average
Former Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
The job is okay if you are in between jobs. The pay sucks. There are no incentives for completing extra promotional training. There are no wage increases when there are more job duties added.
Long Shifts for decent pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 16, 2018
Depending on which site you will be working at, the shifts can be as long as 12 hours long. There is little room for advancement and raises are not given out generously.
Pros
Exciting Work
Cons
Advancement, Shifts, Raises
Missing management
Corporate Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
I've only seen my boss for a total of maybe 5 minutes in the last 60 days. It's impossible to get a hold of anyone higher up. No room for growth in the company unless you go in as a higher up.
Pros
No boss, no bother
Cons
No boss, no communication, don't believe anything until you see it
Productive and collaborative workplace
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 16, 2018
Felt comfortable working here. Employees at the site where I was assigned were understanding and helpful. My colleagues and I helped each other frequently .
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Good if you are looking for a chill job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72758August 16, 2018
overall very good job. The stressful environment came from waiting on things to happen. If you are a retired vet, cop or anything related to that this job is for you. As for moving up in the company its kinda difficult most you will do is supervisor. I am going to stress this a lot but if you like a job that is very relaxed and quiet this is the job for you, dispatch is the one position that i would say needs to have a pay increase. You do so much and are expected to do more then most of the other officers.
Pros
Very chill and easy job, pays ok.
Cons
Dispatch is going to drive you a bit crazy, nothing to do boring everywhere else.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2018
The company overall is okay. Big turnover. If you are seeking overtime this is a good company to work for. Room for advancement is not a top priority for management.
Wrongfully let go from Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 16, 2018
The negative feelings I have towards Allied Universal stems toward the wrong doing of management by firing me for no wrong doing at all. I know this individual does not speak for the whole company, but he is a rather high ranking individual and is a representative of the company.
Pros
good group of individuals to work with
Cons
no balance in home life
It was a laid back company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 16, 2018
Working for Allied Universal was laid back and cool it helped me pay my way through school. One of the downsides it was nowhere to advance pay or growth in the company.
It's a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 16, 2018
It's a good job. I liked the schedule I was on. The pay was pretty good. The only thing is it doesn't look like there's much room for advancement. Pretty flexible if you need a certain day off.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Hours and coworkers are reliable. Always have extra money and hours to work. The managers are nice and willing to work with you.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No raises
Low stress
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAAugust 16, 2018
I am new to the company and have just learned the ropes. There is potential for advancement. The company is broad based and offers numerous types of services
Pros
Possibility of advancement
Cons
No complaints