Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Found 12,481 reviews matching the search See all 12,527 reviews
Poor management
Securit y Guard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 16, 2018
Duties:
•Walk around the premises and make sure its secured
•Greet Tentants and make sure they feel safe
•patrol premises every hour or so

They really have poor management
Observe and report.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2018
Your job training varies from the site you work and the company has several different contracts. Some are easier than others. Observation and reporting are the main focus of the job.
Pros
Paid breaks, time-off, vacations - as long as paperwork is done correctly. Over-time pay.
Cons
Pay raise's don't happen unless they are mandatory or if the job site pays more.
A secured environment & operational workplace
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Back Bay, MAOctober 15, 2018
Working for allied Barton was a wonderful experience. One of the main focus was to communicate with officers on floor via dispatch to successfully secure the safety of the general public.
Something different every day
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
Excelleant co-workers to work with. Fun and lovely place to get to know other people. Only thing do not expect the same thing every day. Everyday is a different day. Its an opportunity to always meet new people espically if you are a people person
productive workplace
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 15, 2018
The company we were hired to do work for was not hard to work for at all. The issue came in with the Middle man who hired us and our bosses not having great communication skills. It was very difficult to get in contact and to get answers from our bosses when it came down to things that affected you doing your job the way the client waned it done.
AU Site Supervisor
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2018
Managed a busy building site. The building had tenants from Jackson CO law library and lawyers from all sites. Workplace was very stressful very crazy. Lots of outside people coming in and out.
its fine
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 14, 2018
I don't really have much to say if you want to work with allied, its easy to obtain a steady job and flexible hours and great for someone who need benefits
fast paced industry
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 14, 2018
Allied Universal is a great company to get into because it is entry level. You do not need any previous job experience and the training that I received at my site was very good.
Pros
paid orientation, paid training
Cons
scheduling
One of the worst jobs ove worked at
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 14, 2018
The amount of stress created from the job unbearable. The hours one had to work due to the lack of workers was, to say the least, exhausting and undesirable.
Pros
Co workers were cool
Cons
work hours and lack of workers
it Was a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 14, 2018
Great peers to work with but the pay was far below what we deserved as Officers however, in contract security that can be expected. No happy with the way I was forced to resign with out any help to relocate to a different contract. I had done nothing wrong but because my husband was promoted to Account Manager for all the Home Depot Sites in Winchester it was deemed a conflict of interest.
Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 14, 2018
This job I great for someone who does not have kids
Its designed for adults 18-21 trs of age
If you have childern this wouldnt be a perfect fit for you
Fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2018
The people that your contractor too makes your job funner
Bad management
Coworker will give you a lot of bad attitude and basically blame the unarmed security for everything
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
Bad management
Worst place to work
Guard (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 13, 2018
If you want to be ignored when you need something and have your pay messed up frequently then this is the job for you.
They took over the post that I was working and made me apply to keep my own job. They don't hire people so that sites are fully staffed and if your short staffed which is all the time be prepared to do a mass amount of over time because no one is coming to help.
Pros
Cons
lack of communication, they really don't care about employess
Good place to get some experierence
Front Desk Concierge (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262October 13, 2018
management does not consider personal life when it comes to making sure the schedule is full and will not help to cover post themselves even though it is in their orders to do so. Training does not exist when it comes to this company, figure out everything yourself and co workers are not afraid to throw you under the bus.Their are some that will help train and make the job worth it.
Pros
experince in different settings
Cons
pay and benefits are not great
Their Success is our Success
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2018
Having oversight to 30 clients and salary manages creates opportunities on a daily basis. It is the tools the company provides and personal energy you put forth with these managers and clients that dictates the results and program direction. The most enjoyable part is identifying program issues and collaborating with internal and external managers throughout the life cycle of the action plan and ultimately successfully deliver solutions.
I have had the opportunity to meet many important people and build some wonderful work ship with clients and employees
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2018
Working with the different companies I have a had some wonderful work experience meeting many people and faces from all over the world I have learned system in and out of the office to run a fun smooth safe and professional work environment
Pros
Holiday parties after work outings pot lucks hot breakfast and lunch
Cons
Health insurance
Just bad
Allied Universal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 13, 2018
I spent a year of my life with this company and everything about it was horrendous, there is no opportunity for advancement the pay is terrible and it varies from site to site. Management has no idea what they're doing and being completely truthful time off is not something that is easy to acquire and when you try to ask how much time you have for PTO you honestly barely get answers.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Everything unfortunately
Very strong organization skills,strong people skills,enjoy a challenge,
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the managers,supervisors,vendor,visitors of client.
Workplace culture is very diversed.
A typical day at work is very fast passed with contractors,visitors,tankers,scale operations
Pros
The people
Cons
No paid vacation. Anniversary bonus instead
Worst Place That I Have Ever Worked
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
At my site (Columbia College Chicago) they do not have a set schedule. So you don't know your schedule from week to week which makes it hard to plan to do anything outside of work. You are then scheduled all around the clock and even if you let them know ahead of time that you cant do certain hours do to babysitting issues, transportation, etc. You are told that is the job and you are threatened with being kicked off of the account and sent back to the corporate office which could leave you in limbo for some time. The account Manager is rude and obnoxious and does care about any of his officers and officers are under paid for the amount of work that is required.
It s just to survive and pay some bills
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2018
I hope the company pay more in order to pay at least all my bill on time and allow me to save a little money each month. It is very difficult for me tl close the month on time because of the low income.