Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions
60Average

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA29 reviews
Tread carefully when applying. I was hired to work at their Digital Realty account in Ashburn, VA. Managers there need improvement. Most officers and supervisors are pleasant and helpful, however, there was one day time supervisor who needed work on communicating with Officers respectfully.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, managers, posts, training.
No comments there's still a terrible company to work for I have nothing no more to say pertaining to Allied Universal he asked me earlier during this review and I gave you my comments
I like to work for my Manager because he Cares about the people. In other words he is peoples person. The fun part is I to meet different people everyday and trying to rekindle the spirit of those whose spirits are down. However, the hardest part is working in the incremental weather like Cold, snow and rain rrrrararainydays. But in all I love what I do.
I work various shifts.

Essentially your life at the company will depend on if the shift supervisor is a normal human being or if they think they are the next CEO in the making.

Many security positions involve large numbers of older workers on their way to retirement and people on second careers.

However this does not excuse the flagrant ignorance most of the management decisions seem to involve.

This week alone our account manager insisted on changing a setting in our alarm software that added information graphs and pie charts.

It caused frequent freeze moments of over 1 minute 30 seconds where people would be stuck waiting and makes us look stupid.

I had to call the regional manager to leave a voice mail about it as politely as I could.

This sadly is not the only damning scenario, frequently people find themselves assigned a role or shift they are lightly trained for at best, and given no notice for at worst.

The company has a software for scheduling that only seems to be intended to make managers feel better, but fails to push update notices to the actual people who need to be there. It is up to you the worker to feel a sense of paranoia to continue to check this app or web page daily to see what new "management" ideas affected your schedule.

Also, at my account, they have hired so many new workers the proven successful persons are on 32 hours not 40 hours. In a hilarious turn of events the same 5-6 people are the only ones taking up extra hours because the new hires frequently have school or just don't want to do any favors for the company as they know
 - more...
The best company I am really happy that I am working with allid and trying to solve client and customer service, I am recommending other of my friend and family to join allid universal.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The Account Manager at the Data Center site, is always stressed out. As a result, the atmosphere is very tense and stressful. The Supervisory team treats the officers as if they are children, often commenting in those words. The data center security business in Ashburn is growing and Allied will hire pretty much anyone to fill a spot. Its a decent paycheck to get experience, and move on to another company.to
I was at an 'observe & report' location, so stress of guns and danger were low. It was a beautiful campus with lakes and ponds that I roved once per shift (in a buggy) and wait to get called to the loading dock to open the door ...for like 4 or 5 deliveries. And also to check out any alarm and sensor mishaps. ...That's it. That was my job. ALOT of downtime, especially on weekends (like 3 people in the entire building). GREAT job for a student.
Loved the people I worked around. Everyone was a character. No micro-managing here. Just do the few things they require and they don't mess with you. Had no problems with them. I've recommended many people already.

Keep in mind this was my location. Not all job locations have the same culture and duties.
The management team has a clear separation between employees, and supervision. At the Ashburn Data Center, the only people who advance, are the ones who are in a select group of friends. The Account manager prefers to only promote males who suck up a lot. The female who was promoted was only promoted because the big boss said to “ pick a female this time”. This is a misogynistic, cliquish environment. There is no reward for doing a good job. The training is almost non existent. The Account Manager never responds to the employees. He is too busy trying to suck up to the DCM. The hourly rate is 2.00 less than the other companies at the other data centers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No sick days, no guaranteed schedule, less pay than average, no advancement for females.
Did not plan on staying as long as I did, but the pay was too nice to pass up. I stayed as long as I could bare. The military management was a pain for someone not having a military background.
New uniforms are provided by company, some overtime available,
still uncertain about benefits, pay raises are occurring about every six to eight months. Good company to work for especially after getting away from smaller family owned businesses plagued with nepotism and chaotic and unfair "chicken schique"
worked for all sorts of companies and this company is great to start in the field of security to your foot in the door. just make sure you cover all of your bases, back, surrounds, specially management,recruiting.There are all sorts of sites, but it all depends on the pay, flex, what site you want to stay at. the job is all about observe and reports, if you see something, say something.
Pros
the experience you will get, pay some times, some benefits, uniforms
Cons
benefits, pay, advancement, management, payroll, recruiting, training for unarmed and armed
can be fun depending on the site you get or go to. stuff are great and works with you. have different schedules so you get to pick what schedule you want which is cool.
I am a high energy individuals that spends the majority of my day in a comfortable office with little to keep me occupied. There are times of extreme activity giving me the chance to engage customer and perform the functions of my job.

I desire more activity, in a vibrate setting with opportunies to blossom and advance.
The people I worked with were awesome people. I would go back if I could. the night shift was very nice. The problem was that it affected my personal life. The pay is good and it was totally worth it. I wouldn't change a thing. The location I was at has the possibility for advancement.
Pros
working environment
Cons
non
Allied Barton now Allied Universal is a great place to wrk, The only drawbacke is a lack f ability to rehire when they lose a contract They were a very god company to work for,
Great Team! Great Company! Need to pay officers the rate for the area/site they are working in. Excellent advancement opportunities! Overall I recommend Allied!
Pros
Excellent Benefits and OT
Cons
Low pay rate vs site.
I have worked for allied barton for 4 years till universal protective services took over. There is no room for improvement, advancement, pay, other areas and job. Loss alot of government jobs. Did have a lot of them before. Went down hill from here. Pay went from bi-weekly to weekly.
Pros
Depends on location
Cons
Any newbies will like it, Pay not high, Not fun to work-depends of location
it is OK . company, learn nothing much , management they are not with employee , always them self . work place culture no team work at all , no break at all .
Pros
no beneffet
Cons
no break always short staff
It was a good place to work. I really enjoyed all of the officers that I worked with. The supervisors were very helpful, and the environment was not to difficult to work.
While the employees and management for the site conducted themselves as professionals the corporate office doesn't care about the individual and could care less about the employee.
I am a quick learner and I easily adopt to new working environment and that is what makes me enjoy working here since its a fast working pace. Also, all officers do have a clean, neat professional appearance.
4.2K
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Reviews by Job Title