Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 11,805 reviews matching the search See all 11,846 reviews
Somewhat Satisfied
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
just overall working at Allied Universal paying sucks. $10 can not do anything for a living. and sometimes there are mistakes with your checks.but pros they pay everyweek.
over all services
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I would rather not do a overall review at this time since there has been a changed in leadership and I also moved to another region so I have no opinion
U guard stuff
Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
Some of the customers we had to pull security on only wanted you there to look pretty or to make people think twice b4 robbing them... over all it was a relaxed job with some action
Too big too fast.
Withheld (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 16, 2018
Allied Universal has recently underwent multiple acquisitions and mergers, becoming one of the largest security providers in the country. With the increase in job duties, there was never an increase in compensation, or support from management or corporate. With more clients to serve, administrative staff levels remain flatline, leading to increased administrative workloads, and less time for client engagement. My office has the same amount of administrative staff now as we did in 2012 when we were running a third of the hours. Haven't received a raise in 7 years except through promotions, and somehow every year there is a reason why our promised bonuses won't be happening.
Perfect for a College Student
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 16, 2018
I worked as a security officer during college as a means of financial security and savings. For a time being, I worked as a nightshift officer, and eventually was able to move up to a early morning shift. I was able to manage school and work with both being full time. I would most definitely recommend security detail during school or as a summer job. There are almost always overtime hours you can pick up.
Pros
lots of overtime, decent benefits, decent pay, worked around school schedule
Cons
Many different sites have different rules, sometimes hostile feeling worksites
A great Security Company
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 16, 2018
Probably the best contract security company to work for. A great starting salary with benefits once you are one year in. The company policy is that they promote from within first so there is ample chance for growth.
For me it was a job i was willing to go to.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work was very relaxed. I learned only to get involved when needed. The hardest part of the jod was traffic and the easiest was working with respectable people.
This is a great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
The job is great. I feel like the manager on my shift at the time has it out for me so I couldn't continue to work there, but you can join the union. The union helped out most of the time. The other guards are nice, friendly, and will help you if need be.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
You can get fired for almost anything
Hit or Miss
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2018
While this has not happened to me, there was a lost contract at an Apple Warehouse location. Several of my coworkers complained about not getting paid for weeks at a time. And management is not always as vetted as much as it should be.
Good job to keep you in shape
Safety Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2018
There is almost no room for growth in this company. You could be working in the same positions for 5 years with small bumps in pay. I would recommend this job as a second/part time job only.

Want to know more about Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions?

Ask a question
No notice before hand
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
I get called up at anytime to go report at a site without prior notice, this gets me upset most times. i have always complained i needed to know on time if i am going to be posted to a site. this always gets me disorganised
Not impressed
APO (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIJuly 15, 2018
This is a fairly decent place to use as a stepping stone into something bigger. I wouldn't recommend sticking around long term unless you have a vested interest in the company. A lot of people tend to wash out or take advantage of the job. There are times when it can be rewarding but those situations are personality dependent.

The biggest issue I have is that the site I work at is constantly understaffed at a seemingly purposeful level. At one point in time we were short 4 people and had 2 applicants specifically request to work at our site mostly due to having experience here. These applicants were told that our site was fully staffed, despite having 4 openings, and were placed elsewhere.

The second issue is that there is no room for advancement. This is the type of environment where advancement is based on seniority, not ability or merit.

The third issue is the pay scale. Everybody wants to be paid more money but you won't find it here. As a regular officer we make $10.50 an hour. As a supervisor we make $12 an hour. With the level of responsibility that a supervisor carries they should be making at least $15 an hour. This doesn't factor in the pay cap either. You could work at our site for 10 years and your pay will never change. Where is the incentive to perform well or even 'good enough'?

The fourth issue is the lack of support from management. They present themselves as being helpful and responsive to issues, even going as far as sending out 'Field Supervisors' to inspect us, but the issues do not seem to get resolved. It's as if we are on a deserted island
  more... and in the event of trouble we're supposed to tuck our heads between our legs and...

I cannot speak for Allied Universal as a whole but only the site that I'm stationed at.

As much as I enjoy my job, I'm not impressed.
Pros
Steady work with lots of down time
Cons
It's unarmed security, we're the doormat at the bottom of the hill
stable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2018
very stable job
work by yourself, mostly
very quiet, kind of slow paced
sending lots of emails, lots of over-the-phone conversations
office work environment
Is it OK place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 14, 2018
Is it OK place to work and there’s not a whole lot of things to say about this job. It’s a good place to work at a lot of work and you are always have to be professional at the job .
Pros
Tolerable
Cons
N/a
Working for Allied can be fun and frustrating.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
Working for Allied can be fun and frustrating. Depending on your post is the payment amount you will receive. advancement is rare but you get a lot of overtime if you accept it. do not be a rover its not worth it.
Poor management. Point blank.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
I wouldn’t recommmed this company. Horrible management. If you’re not kissing butt and flirting back with supervisors you’re getting put “under investigation” just to see if you quit. Then, eventually you’re going to get a call saying “we took you office the schedule for two weeks” lol. Just pitiful all around.
Productive fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
Allied Universal is a great place to work great experience room for growth. Willing to teach you the job they have patience for you to take the time out to get to know you..
Pros
Play vacations Union maternity leave.
Cons
For me i have no cons...
what I've learned.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2018
Working in the food stamp, and CPS offices for Allied Universal has taught me a lot of things. I have learned how to deal with all types of personalities, attitudes. It has helped me mold my skills as an security guard, and become better at solving conflict. Most of all I've learned how to deal with troubled kids of all ages.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
hard to get approval for time off
does not work there.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
checking in truck drivers into the loading dock.
making sure that visiting customer found there proper parking areas.
its was a relaxed work enviroment.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
I have at three location for this company: a mobile patrol, an open mall, and corp. building type. The work is basically the same, but the pay is not great living in a city. The job require patrols, access control, and the ability to seem like your in control of any situation without coming off as threatening