Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 14,887 reviews
Be your own Judge
Site Supervisor • Security (Current Employee) –  austin TexasAugust 22, 2019
I had no such a good experience with Allied Universal. For me, I just feel they are not appreciative of what you do, because it is all about the bottom line. you can work 72 hours a week, and it seems like no care at all. I feel that they can do more to improve the out look of their company.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
over worked with no appreication
Horrible company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2019
This company sucks they don’t care about how they treat people. No room for advancement. They make you choose between your job and personal life when it comes to them needing something. You only benefit if the managers like you. The Supervisors/management lie and play dirty.
Job balance
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2019
You had no time to breathe at Allied the pay did not answer the hours nor days worked. No work life balance. You will suffer from lack of sleep. Try to pick a correct shift for your body.
Supervisor was great but Account management was spotty
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2019
It was generally difficult to progress as communication was non existent. I come from a background in management and was lied to about pay from the start. I enjoyed my work and it would have been an excellent job if the ones in charge or making decisions regarding policies had ever actually done the work they were forcing the employees to endure.
Career Advancement Opportunities
Account Manager/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2019
Look to start your career with rapid advancement opportunities. Rapid growth if your a hard worker. Benefits are not good, Multiple options are available and great accounts.
Pros
Advanced opportunities
Benefits
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2019
Never knew where to place you, they all have different ways of training, you would be placed at one destination and another manager will call and ask you to go to another site.
Good place to work.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2019
Set hours and days, no possible overtime at current post.Hours available if i request at other sites. Supervisor will come by site as needed, inspections done every 30 to 45 days.
Pros
Set schedule.
Cons
Schedule hours, 1700 to 0100.
Not the best place to work.
Non-Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2019
Management at the branch is horrid as the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Communication is ineffective as well as enforcement of what their officers are intended to do. Clients are pandered to rather than having a hard enforcement on what happens with security. Equipment is difficult on the fact that what is issued is not necessarily what is needed.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Communication, equipment, pay rate, enforcement of policy and management.
Poor management
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2019
I left Allied Universal with no intention of ever coming back. I've been on 3 accounts and 2 out of 3 had poor supervisors. I had to file a grievance against my last supervisor. He could not handle his job. He was selective in his job duties, didn't really care about helping anybody. I don't understand how he got hired! He finally resigned after only 3 months of getting hired. He had an ugly attitude with me. For a big security company they only give you 3 job sites to choose from after you get hired. Most of the accounts don't pay much. I just got hired at a smaller security company and the first account I got on with pays more than all the ones I had with Allied. Allied gave me an easy opportunity to start in security but unfortunately I don't have much positive things to say leaving. I don't know how they are in other cities but in Austin they really need to improve their overall operations.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Poor management overall.
Good job for part time to full time
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2018
The company is good for those looking for a temporary job where they can gain a paycheck until they find a better position. Job advancement is little to none. No cross training was offered.
Simple requirements
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day would consist of property patrols and reports as well as customer service. I learned the companies policies regarding operations. The overall management is inexperienced and unwilling to honestly provide the service expected from the clients. The employees get along well and have confidence in each other. The hardest part of the job is trying to appropriately handle security issues while being undermined by management. The best part of the job is the opportunity to build relationships with the client employees.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
lack of confidence in management
it was good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758August 25, 2018
I appreciated the opportunity for the job and for them hiring me. the job is fairly easy but it's not the pay I intend to have for my life. it was a stepping stone for me to get my Bachelor degree and they accommodated the time well. I took a pay cut when I left the post office but it paid off because I had time for my degree. if your looking for a job with the intention of looking elsewhere while working this is the perfect job. I am grateful for the opportunity
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
My dad actually worked for the company for a few years before I applied (he still works there), that’s why I decided to try it out as a temporary seasonal job. It was great, the pay is based on the site you work for, so it’s hard to really judge pay by just asking one person, but my site have decent pay. Although I did not need to have much communication with the managers that worked out of office, due to the fact I had an on site supervisor, I was always informed on what was going on with the company, and any issues that I had were well taken care of. I honestly would’ve LOVED to stay on with the company and continue to work the site I had. I possibly would’ve even left my other full time position, had it not been for a promotion. Over all, I definitely loved my experience and would love to work with the company again!
Pros
Great communication and recognition
Cons
Benefits start after 1 full year with the company
AlliedUniversal
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2018
The hours can be flexible, they don't offer paid leave unless your company office staff. If your a student HEB contract is for you. A lot of changes happen during the time with the short time at AlliedUniverisal, Universal took over AlliedBarton.
Pros
Supervisor was addressable
Cons
No paid leave or sick leave
They have good management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
I think they could have better uniforms, But other than that its a good job they take care of there employers,
Hardest part of the job is working in the heat
Allied universal
Security Professional Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2018
I think it is a good job if you do not have a job as long as you can pass the background checks and drug test. Once you get pass that the doors are open.
Pros
Get paid every week
Cons
No vacation time or sick days
try to make a living off a constantly fluctuating job both in management and on the field
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2018
There is no typical day of work with allied universal. some days you work and some times you don't and they have the potential to turn into weeks and they are notorious for having atrocious communicating skills with their employees they constantly have problems with the app for their hours and pay roll and later it becomes apparent that you need to be hyper vigilant in watching how much they say that they'll pay you and how much that they actually pay you so that the company does not short you of money. contracts are constantly being lost with the company and the ones they do have are on shaky grounding because of the poor effort put into communicating with the security working the sites.
Pros
none.
Cons
too many to count
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2018
Foot Patrols and Tours are the basic most important responsibilities at this job site. Always being aware of your surroundings and looking for out of the norm are always important.
great place
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
a typical day would be rather long 13 hr shift but not stressful. I learned many things but most of all awareness. Management was pretty good was very helpful
Typical security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2018
Patrol grounds, monitor and check various entrances, exits fencelines and buildings. Write incident reports and monitor employees coming and going for security violations
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management

53.4K

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Reviews by Job Title