Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 14,526 reviews
Ok job
Security Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2019
Management need to be nicer respect employees don't have favoritism believe officer what they say everybody didn't lie. But overall the company is a good company to work for. I believe that every company need to work on their motivation and behavior
Great place to work...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2019
...if you don't have to deal with the main office often. No communication skills in upper management.

Also, and I don't know from experience, a lot of their sites are underpaid and over worked.
Very layed back, slow pace job
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2019
This job consist of slow pace work. Greetong the people that walk by. Monitoring all the cameras, and notifying if something went wrong. They have great benefots to the employees liking after 60 days.
Pros
Slow pace work
Cons
The schedule is subject to change
Wish it would have ended on a better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Well all and all the job was good but it did not pay enough for what I did as a security officer and waiting for them to send uniforms took about 2 months in freezing cold weather
Pros
Set 9 to 5 hours plus overtime
Cons
Upper management dors not care about the lower positions
job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2018
I was promised a certain days off when i took over someone's shift and that never happened. I was not getting any information from a manager or the office.
Pros
overtime
Cons
poor management
Typical Security Company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2018
Same as all the other security companies. Empty Promises with no chance for advancement. Favoritism runs rampant. Low ball wages with benefits that are of absolutely no use. Like, tickets to ball games that you will never go to because not everyone has the time or even wants to go to sports games. Ridiculous amount of non-paid training too...
Pros
Cons
Too many
Be careful
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2018
They have a huge turn over rate.
Once you get to your assigned site, The Client runs the show and you become their minion. It's soul crushingly sad!!
Pros
Payday comes on time.
Cons
You don't get paid enough money.
Choose elsewhere.
Lieutenant / Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
Poor benefits and pay. The vacation time is nearly impossible to earn and raises are non-exsistent. Not a family friendly employer. There are little to no perks.
sold to other companys to often
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2018
i love this field of work, but management here lacks skills. Ran on a popularity contest not by how well you handle your job. They buy other company but do not deliver the same quality of service. if you're willing to play the games and like drama this company is for you.
Pros
Great coworkers and direct supervisor, horrible office persons
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2018
Its a good place to work after getting out of the military but they rarely hire with competitive wages. I have been a the same site for over two years and I only recently am about to get a raise which i worked at for the entire two years.
Pros
flexible schedules, great workplace
Cons
horrible staffing problems, horrible pay wages, horrible office managent
If you want low pay then Allied Universal is the job for you
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2018
The site supervisior brought her family to the job site all the time, the front lobby desk was always a mess, nobody ever really wore the uniform, patrols never really got done. There was aot of gossiping and rumors about other guards. It was a complete mess.
Pros
Cons
the company doesnt care about the guards.
good place to work for but not to advance in
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2018
advance was not there problems with hostel employees were not taken care of. i like the hours but was very low on employees i could not take a day off nor was i able too for sick days off.
It’s alright...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2017
It needs better management... other than that it’s not to bad, decent pay depending on the site you work, not much room for advancement.. started out as a regular officer then became a supervisor about a month in. The site was lost due to another security company buying the contract so I was transferred to another division (field Supervisor). That division was shut down to cut costs, was transferred again, but was demoted to regular officer due to new site not having open Supervisor positions but kept my field Supervisor pay. So it’s not bad just moved around a lot and management doesn’t help you at all. Wouldn’t even attempt to get me a supervisor position at another site all because this one needed a lot of help. But I’ll take a regular security officer role with Supervisor pay!
Pros
Not many
Cons
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the working conditions.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2017
I typically worked 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday at the reception desk at the Fifth Third Bank Operations Center. I was responsible for checking ID badges and signing in visitors. I learned how to deal with people and to use the security system. The Operations Center was a very busy place and I had quite a bit of contact with hard working employees The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shift, I worked from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. I especially enjoyed the contact with my coworkers and the bank employees.
Sites have good people; Office is incompendant
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2017
I'll say this first I loved the sites I was at when I worked for Allied Universal and Universal.

But I can't stand their HR team (locally or Corporate).
Pros
Met great people at the sites
Cons
Hr
Milage may very.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2017
I see that AB has gotten a lot of good reviews. I wish I had that expierence. I was treated very poorly by management and co-workers. Account manager was verbally abusive. Site manager had power and control issues. Co-workers would tell on you behind your back all the time.
Pros
My site was so close that I walked to work.
Cons
Pay and constant disrespect.
Great starter job for those looking to explore law enforcement.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2017
Fun group of people to work with. Work hours vary. Pay is good. Need to have better employees for their account manager. Some facilities need improvement.
cool job but unorgaized company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
The job with Allied was fun and cool but the whole company was unorganized with scheduling and other problems within the company. Nobody with this company was on the same page and it was a everyday process
Pros
fun and laid back nice lunch breaks
Cons
unprofessional supervivours and kept changing schdule every day
ok
Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2017
Company was okay. Team work was shown.People worked well together, there was very little communication and schedules changed without notice. Hardest part about the job was lost kids.
allied
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2017
Its a good conmpany if you dont require to move often, I couldnt handle the hours upon hours of sitting.

they require you to work extra shifts if no one covers there, and dont even offer you any compensation for basically ruining your evening or day.
Pros
not stressful
Cons
record every hour even if you are just sittting there, management strict