Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

Found 105 reviews matching the search See all 14,478 reviews
negative reviews
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210March 25, 2019
Little opportunity for advancement, negative atmosphere, low standards, incomplete training, not proud to be a member of this company's team due to lack of leadership and positive reviews.
Stressful place to work at. Upper management is horrible.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 24, 2019
Upper management is horrible. They are unorganized and at times unprofessional. I loved what I was doing but when your stressed out daily it's not worth it. The upper management holds grudges and very unprofessional
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay, upper management, unprofessional, unorganized inconsistency, You don't earn PTO until you have been there for 1 year. This company is the worst .
Great environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2019
Safe place to work great people and no drama. Management is great good benefits and great hours/shifts only part is you will be in the hospital hardest part of the job is sick paients and also seeing dead ppl
Benefits
Cons
Fewer brakes
Terrible company with no benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Terrible management team. Account Manager shows favoritism to certain officers and displays indescribably poor judgement. No discretionary benefits except paid vacation after your first year. No paid holidays unless you work them and no sick days. They issue a uniform, but you are required to buy your own footwear. They do not issue nameplates or flashlights, and you are required to pay for your own license. If you go to a training event, they drop your pay to 10.00 /hr while you are training from your regular rate. Terrible company to work for unless you are retired or don't care.
Pros
Easy work
productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2019
I learned how to be patient in security, and every day you will see something different. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people. The most enjoyable part was being able to make a difference.
great people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2019
a great place to work all the supervisors I met was really nice and helpful with information I did not intend to leave. but due to family matters cause me to resign.
Pros
great people
Cons
you get to have breaks
Strict work place.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2018
It was just a strict guideline we had to follow at the different sites, Scanning employees in and out of building,checking perimeter, Logging in and out of computer to do reports.
Interviews
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 29, 2018
I really don't have anything to say bad about the company as a whole I think they should do more thorough interviewing when selecting their supervisors.
Fast paced environment that provides many oppurtunities to be of assistance to patrons.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 28, 2018
Job is set in a hospital setting where we have debriefing every morning which keeps us informed on all activities during shift change. The training provided is excellent training and the officers are well informed on site.
Pros
Overtime availablr
Cons
No raises over long periods of time
Security Guard (SRO) (Former Employee) –  Columbia,SCOctober 17, 2018
A typical work day would be enjoyful, easy work to do walking up and down the building to make reports about everything that is going on. I've learned how to be secure and careful about my surroundings and keeping everything and everyone around me safe as possible. My workplace was always fun and eventful for me because i loved every employee that came through the doors every mornings. Every 3 hours i would do building checks and watch the CCTV and jot every detail down. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone smile once the day starts and finish, as well as myself i loved to come to work every morning and work with the employees i would see everyday,
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Balancing different sites
Stayed at same site over 2 years and enjoyed.
Unarmed Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 7, 2018
Originally hire by Universal Security but was bought out and became Allied Universal. Worked downtown location as main Guard at building entrance.Move to DHL assignment after companies consolidated. Different management style between the two Companies was able to adapt quite well.
Pros
Above average Pay advancement to senior Security Pofessional
Cons
Allied Security Managment not as Proffesional or trained as Universal Security.
Long and Boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2018
Be ready for long boring days, most places i work we had a to seprate ourself from the staff we guarded. We were the others and not part of the clients world.
Pros
relaxed and quite
Cons
Boring
Professional workplace, slow pace depending which site you worked at.
Unarmed Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 8, 2018
Decent work atmosphere, low stress, however pay was'nt bad for the job you perform. Typical day was making rounds, checking locks in office spaces, entry doors, front / rear doors,parking areas, etc. Checking chiller rooms, signing personnel in and out,
Pros
Low stress work environment depending what site you worked.
Cons
Some sites were more stressfull than others.
job
Amazon Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2018
Long hours on weekends but otherwise a great place to work. Really enjoy the people I work with. I recommend this job to others that are interested in security work.
Not a good place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, s.cJuly 7, 2018
Minimal benefits, no vacation time, overwhelming stress, percentage of injury very high, poor management, non-compassionate staff, unresolved harassment issues,
Pros
Cons
15 minute breaks, injuries from patients, non-compassionate staff
its time for bed
Technical Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 18, 2018
No room for me to advance there. Pay raises are slow or not at all. Im not sure what to think about the place. after working there for 3 years I still
Pros
money was OK... managment was semi relaxed but disfunctional
Cons
no raises, no room for advancement. Behf
Fun working place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC At Continental TiresJune 5, 2018
I have learned a lot while working for this company, you will meet all kinds of people from all walks of life, And the officers are great to work with.
Allied Universal
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 4, 2018
I had an horrible experience at Allied Universal The Management sucks and they aren't any help with resolving issue they are not for employees they are only for Management
na
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 11, 2018
Its really not a bad job I just think they should give you raises every year. If your looking for just a job to start out then this company is the one for you.
laid back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2018
A day at Allied Universal consist of radio checks and filling out your log sheet for the day. You have different duties for each post you are assigned to. For the most part nothing really happens except maybe once every blue moon and all of coworkers act accordingly.
Pros
laid back, weekly pay, overtime
Cons
short breaks, hot uniform