Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Found 104 reviews matching the search See all 14,504 reviews
N/a
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2019
Working for the company was ok. Lots of hours and over time if you wanted it. The site managers were very knowledgeable and understanding. over all a pretty good company to work for.
Good Place to work overall
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2019
The main complaint on this is the pay scale, armed security within the company making less than other armed officers doing the exact same job is a little absurd if you ask me regardless of accounts assigned to. A smaller area I find disturbing is that security officer are being assigned to accounts with high reputation of problems without any tools to defend themselves if absolutely necessary.

Good Management, Great team of people to work with. The job can go from relaxed to stressful depending on what happens throughout the day. Pay is lower than desired for the job type and commute, however the benefits and discounts offered are pretty great.
Fun, face paced
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2019
I love my job, my site, but I dislike that I don't have set hours and or a set schedule. Its hard as a parent of 3 to work all three shifts. I would love to find permanent position with a set schedule.
Awful. Just awful.
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2019
Benefits are very expensive. Just bare minimum healthcare will cost you 200 per month. Decent plans will cost 100+ per week. That is just for healthcare. If you were to "max" out selections on employee benefits the weekly cost would be more than your pay.

You will NEVER get a raise. Guys working on the same contract for 2+ years will get the exact same pay as new hires. You will never get promoted.

Their business model is a sales model, which is great for expansion (hence the massive company growth) in sales, you maximize profit by minimizing the cost of your product. Their product is people.

During a contract change over, the project manager assured us that recruiters would be finding us new jobs within the company, and we would hear from them. By that he meant, they would send out a mass email suggesting we attend an open house hiring event where we could compete for jobs with people walking in off the street.

Current employees are required to complete 100% of the new hire process when competing for said jobs.

To summarize. If you like low pay (below living standard for your area) extensive online training, endless last minute schedule adjustments, and being treated poorly by corporate. I cannot recommend this company enough. If you don't appreciate those things... go work stocking shelves. The pay will be about the same and you won't have to endure endless hours of powerpoint.
Pros
They will hire anybody
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, low pay
It has been awhile since I have been with this company
Security officer for TD Ameritrade (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2019
I do not have a good recollection of the job. I do recall that management was not good though. I was let go from a job because of a managers mistake and then it took the company a week to find me new work. Since I have been there, they are under new management. Therefore I am unsure of how the company runs.
Pros
A lot of mobility
Cons
Managment was terrible
it was a job
Transit Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2019
In regards to the position that I was in, it was hard to get ahead unless you were part of the good old boy club. They had their favorites. It is hard o plan stuff as a family when you work shifts. They say that they are willing to work with you, but I didn't trust it.
Great place to work as long as you do t need good benefits
Transit Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2019
The only thing I have to complain about Allied Universal is the Benefits. They do provide health, but it is very expensive and does not cover much health. They have absolutely no sick leave and you will slowly start building vacation time after a year of employment. I really enjoy my work environment though and most of the people I work with. As long as you do your job you wont have issues.
Pros
Work environment, and co-workers
Benefits
it was cool
Security Officer-Corporal (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2019
It was a cool place to work. The people I worked with made the difference. Management is like anywhere else, they have a job to do and in turn so do you. Overall it was a cool place.
Worked security at a UPS facility.
Currently Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2019
Provide a high level of customer service. Monitors and authorizes entrance and departures for employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
poor relationships with staff
ESCORT DISABLED TENANTS TO THEIR TRAIN STATION (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2018
I received 2 hours of training for the job site. Employees are disciplined in front of other employees. Supervisor shares gossip with employees regarding other employees.
Cons
too many to list
Allied Barton when i was there.
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2018
The first site i was able to work at was fantastic,Management and client was very supportive and gave what was needed. the 2nd site was a nightmare, the only reason i left the first was for a pay increase. I will never return to allied if it is the same process and manipulation that i saw at the end. I was a Shift Supervisor for just over 2 years. One of the most unprofessional and deceptive process's i have seen ever.
Pros
a Paycheck
Cons
Pretty much everything.
ok place
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2018
one of the better companies i worked for. not to pleased with certain people placed in command and was lied ot about the benefits eligibility. i was told 3 months after employment. after the 3 months i was then told the registration period is closed and had to wait until next year to register. had to pay a penalty during tax season due to this. job advancement was very scares you had to be a friend to a supervisor or a big wig to get promoted.
Friendly atmosphere.
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
This is a good company just needs to make some changes in certain fields of the job and some in management. Benefits are great for the amount I pay for , for my family to be covered.

The hours of work are good and they basically will work around your schedule, IF possible. If moved to a different account, be prepared for the pay change when I believe it should remain the same if you plan on returning to original account in the future; that way there is no hardship on you.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay is good.
Cons
management not always on same page, social clicks
Who cares?
Allied Universal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2018
No consideration for communicated availability and if youre not nagging your account manager, you wont get the hours you want/ account managers will pass off their employees to another account manager without a word to the employee. You will be told that if a job site pays more than your set minimum that you will get the higher pay but If you dont find out how much a particular job site pays, they wont pay you the higher rate. I.e. if you make $15/hour and the job site pays $16.25, the check wont reflect that extra 1.25
Pros
Easy work
Cons
unvalued
Excelent company with great coworkers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2018
This was my first security company I worked with and wish I wasn't too irresponsible to realize the job I had at the time. I loved the job but had other things in mind.
Its a job to pay the bills
Transit Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
The job can be good if you keep yourself clean and out of trouble. It is a good old boy work environment and supervisors are quick to discipline employees if the see something "THEY" do not agree with regardless of the companies core values.
Pros
good pay for Security Work
Cons
If you don't fit in you will have a hard time
enjoyed my time at the assigned post
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
I liked the post at Comcast, but after vacations there were done (of which I was covering) there were no more posts available, even though one employee had been let go and I had been verbally assured of continued employment. However, the company decided to not replace that employee.
Pros
good working atmosphere, supportive staff and management
Cons
temporary job with low pay and no benefits
dont work
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Denver CoSeptember 20, 2018
this company is hard to keep happy, only higher ups are paid, and in Colorado is head to live with such little pay. No one is treated well. I am sad because I have always wanted to work for allied
Excellent and supportive work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Working with Allied Universal was a good experience that taught me many valuable lessons. I had the opportunity to work with a varied clientele and improve my interpersonal and customer service skills. Also, my coworkers were all very supportive, and the working environment was very collaborative.
Geat job
Full time security officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
This job is perfect wither your new to the field or a long turn guard. their will always be work for you in a close proximity to almost anywhere. a large company, but I know my chain of command and have an SOP on-site and proper training before starting work.
Pros
many contracts, good pay, chanses for advancment
Cons
longer turn contracts (months to years)