Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 311 reviews matching the search See all 14,223 reviews
So-so company. I wouldn't work for them again.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2019
As I said in another review, my job was to observe and report any odd activity that I noticed during my job. Normally, my job was quiet, but it could get interesting if there was any chemical issues at the plant I worked at.
Good company
Security Guard / Commission Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2019
Good company to work for..I refer friends and family to work for Allied they get paid weekly. This is an easy company to get hired on. Job sites are friendly.
It’s a cool place to work just not for me.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
We learn a lot about checking alarms and being a security guard it’s a cool place it just doesn’t fit into my life schedule because it’s overnight and I have a family.
Our Account Manager is the main reason for a good review
Console Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Our work site is laid back. Every worksite is different just be prepared to do the job. You may have to walk & stand for long periods of time, be exposed to the weather. There is room for advancement. Benefits and pay are just okay.
Pros
It's steady work /opportunity to advance
Cons
Benefits not great/the pay is just okay
Benefits
Level ll Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2019
Unlike most companies you only get benefits if you qualify for them . So my whole two years working for allied I never received benefits. There was plenty of overtime available but My manager would somehow finesse the system
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Healthcare
manditory weekend
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
No one wants to work weekends.
Twelve hour shifts When you request a day off its hard to get get it. Its a set schedule no rotation. Have to deal with AA (Amazon Associates being rude
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
hard to get days off
Good company
Post Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2019
Good company benefits , overtime , and flexible schedule . They will promote you if you qualify for the position . The pay could be much better . You just won't keep anybody at those kind of pay rate : 11:00am.
Pros
Steady overtime hours at time .
Cons
Better pay .
Nice place to start your growth
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2019
Allied universal security is a nice job. They offer the opportunity to elevate in company but will not give adequate training to help you excel in th day to day functions.
Great company to work for!!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2019
Lots of opportunities to grow as a security professional. Great diverse environment and multiple opportunities to work nationally. This is a very well known and recognized security company.
Pros
Lot of opportunity to professional growth
Cons
Good benefits but not the best
Low pay, horrible management, no sick/vacation days
Security Officer (Level III) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2019
If you need a job asap and are willing to jump through hooos for low pay, minimal benefits, and horrible management this job is for you. I make 9.99/hr. Working one of there post for 3 years.
smh
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2019
didn't have a problem with the job but they got rid of me for something I couldn't control. Allied thought I was sleeping on the job but I was covering my eye from the sun because a family member accidentally poke me in the eyes and pain was unbearable. I let the supervisor know what's going on but still gotten in trouble. For seven years I never been written up or anything and why now I'm going to do that. i see people at the job who did worse and still have a job. I think it's unfair.
Involuntary OT
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2019
Depending on your post and account manager, prepare to deal with management incompetence, clients being nitpicky, and lazy site supervisors. Also, you're not guaranteed to leave on time. Other guards are constantly late by more than 15mins. Often times these people don't show up at all or call in at the last minute. (Needs to be 4 hours) Your account manager will know this, and still have no one to come relieve you at a decent time. You will be fired if you leave a post even with multiple people on site. So far I've experienced management not responding when informed that relief has failed to show. The site supervisor has to make contact with management and will drag their feet in the process. You can easily be working an extra hour or more and possibly a double shift. Don't expect a set schedule because it can change at anytime.
Pros
Weekely pay
Cons
Leaving at scheduled time is not guaranteed, coworkers aren't dependable, no breaks, poor benefits, no work or life balance, constantly changing schedules
it is an ok job
NON-COMMISSIONED SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2019
I like being a security guard but i dont think they are paid well for the job that they are required to do. I learned how to be more effective in customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting a few kindhearted fellow employees that will work as a team to get the job done.
Meh
Allied Universal Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
I mean it's security nothing special. I watch cameras and patrol. I get tired sometimes you can be on your phone but i do anyway. Benefits suck and good luckgreeting a raise. Its more of a job for older people or people thats trying to go to school and make ends meet i guess.
Pros
I can sit down
Cons
Boring
Current Employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
Work is not hard, responsibilities added weekly with no compensation. My manager is a non-caring person. Only cares about having a warm body. Relief is constantly late and communication from management is almost non existent.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Communication from Management
I need more hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
I truly like being a Security Officer Supervisor. It's been over a year now and I have never received a raise. Have never called off sick, have never been late. I am a single woman and cannot live on what I'm making.
Cons
no appreciation for the extra work we do when requested by manangement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at work starts out with looking over the previous days log, reviewing any scheduled maintenance or delivery times, and then going out to patrol premises. I learned to be observant of the little details that can make a big difference in terms of safety and productivity. Management is a joke, plain and simple. They talk about doing this and doing that but they take forever to get anything reported fixed or corrected in a timely manner. Very wishy washy with decision making. There is no workplace culture. No appreciation, no recognition of a job well done. hardest part of the job is watching our backs for Management. Hard to do a job with a monkey constantly on your back. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cooperation between tenants and Security making sure that we know they're here and if they have a problem to seek us out for advice.
Pros
no benefits, skeleton crew schedules, no time for family or other outside activities
Cons
Short breaks, lack of manpower
Its ok but not long term
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
Their insurance is not all that and they don't offer vacation pay, sick pay, no raises, and they don't like to pay for overtime hours. You get a " so called", bonus after a year.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
good job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2019
the job is very good with the hours and being able to work with you when you need time off and the supervisors and managers are really attentive the overall company is good and i would reccomend the job .
Pros
work with off days
Cons
no paid vacation
excellent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Great company to work for. Management team really cares about their employees and client . I would recommend anyone to work for them. You would love to become apart of their team.