Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 14,504 reviews
Worst company ever
Operations Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2019
Terrible morals and treats employees like dirt, you will get told lie after lie, they don’t even follow their own policies. More specifically this is a review for the OIC at castleton square mall. I was mistreated and discriminated against
Pros
Cons
Everything- shift - management
Would highly recommend
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2019
I would highly recommend working for this company if they are looking for a security job to start out with in looking for a possibly career out of it.
fully loaded gym was great
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2018
the tenants in the building were really good people. my coworkers were very pleasant and cooperative. I actually enjoyed the job itself.would work for them again.
Pros
no stress
Cons
inclimate weather
Slow paced Relxed
Secuity Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2018
Monitored CCTVs Pinnacle Keys Phones and Radios Greet clients employees Patrolled the buildings interior and exterior Secured the building doors and Patrolled the parking lot
Pros
Relaxed Not Stressful
Cons
Long hours on the weekends
Had alot of enjoyment working there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
Your typical workday depends on where you are assigned. For me I have been working in trucks stops to warehouse and lastly to bank. Anything that I needed they made sure it happened and manger always checked up on us to make sure everything was ok.
Pros
Love meeting new people
Cons
nothing
not a bad place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2018
i liked working for this company, I was there for 7 yrs. i enjoyed the sites they had me at. The pay wasn't the greatest and it was hard to keep staff on the schedule.
Pros
daytime hours
Cons
too many hours, up to 80hrs a week, low pay
Great place for PT work
Allied Barton as an officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work learned about report writing, work place can be fast or slow it varies on assignment. Management is fair, hardest part is not being able to leave your post until your replacement comes to relieve you. Enjoyable part was connections created.
Allied
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
The supervisor was extremely rude and ruined to me and my family they transferred me a lot even though I didn't have proper transportation I definitely will not be working for their company any longer I would not recommend any job for my friends or family from that company
Large easy to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
Universal is not a bad company to work for by any means, the job doesn't pay great but it is easy and laid back environment. The biggest downfall was management in the Indy area.
Pros
easy, laid back, good coworkers
Cons
poor management
Stressful with little to no career advancement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2018
A repetitive job with nothing to look forward to as far as advancement for the majority of the security guards out in the field. The pay isn't enough to make a decent living off of.
Pros
Paid Lunchbreaks
Cons
No advancement
Incompetent management. Will lie and tell employee anything.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2018
No help from management. Basically left in the dark about what to do at the site. You must find out by the client, which makes both the guards and Allied Universal look bad. All around VERY POOR!
Bad management, Bad communication, Bad Training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
Was not properly trained for position. Supervisors were poor and inadequate, did not know what to do in emergency situations. Some officers treated better than others for no obvious reason.
Nothing Good. Better Off in Retail
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2017
Poorly managed, no PTO, very little pay, boring job if you’re a workaholic. A good place for retirees or young people starting in the workforce. Not a place for someone looking to support themselves or have a good work/life balance.
Pros
The site I worked at had nice people.
Cons
Lied to get me hired. No benefits as a full-time employee. Unorganized.
its okay job if you have no life
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
hours not so good if you have a family pay could be better especially being paid weekly. the hours are from 1-9 monday through wed. i work at a warehouse sitting in a gate house. some of the truckers are rude
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2017
I've been with Allied Universal going on 3 years. It is really one of the best security services around. They have sites country wide; which is great if you want to relocate and don't want to leave the company. The pay is fair but did not meet my requirements. If requirements were met I would never consider leaving the company. Although I am considering leaving I would still recommend Allied Universal to anyone looking to join the Security field.
Pros
Relocating Sites Countrywide
Cons
Every site pays different and Communication lacks
Plenty to do
Security Officer/ Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
Required to walk and patrol the warehouse, as well as watch the security cameras. I create the scheduling for all of the guard at my site. We monitor and make sure everyone who enters the building has a badge, an escort those without a badge to their destination within the building. I file incident reports, and complete wand tours. Pretty easy job with enough to do that the day flies by. Hardest part of the job is patrolling the entire facility and there is only 1 guard per shift. The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationship built with the management and staff.
Cons
Health Benefits
Best security company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
All security companies have their flaws, however I would say this one has been good to me. They are sometimes hard to get in contact with, but they are very understanding and will treat you fair.
Pros
Flexible, fair, higher pay
Cons
Hard to get in contact with, not much room for advancement
Balanced Work with bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46225August 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working there, but the management stunk so bad that I had to walk away. Unless they get new mangers to run the place I do not recommend working there unless you have to. Also, if you have an issue at your site do not expect the higher ups to call you back, ever.
Good place to work if you like to work independently.
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2017
I was a part-time unarmed Security Officer, assigned to a private commercial site where I worked alone for an 8 hour shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and sometimes filled in through the week. The environment was well organized, all instructions were clear, and the working conditions were on a balance, not stressful and fast, nor boring and slow. Hourly rounds, daily paperwork, self-training through modules as well as ability to work independently without anyone around to interrupt.
Pros
Worked alone.
Cons
Pay
its aight
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2017
its a good position if you want a job where you do very little and get paid a decent amount. honestly its very laid back which gives you a lot of free time to yourself.
Pros
a lot of free time
Cons
not that much job security