Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Long Beach, CA

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 14,519 reviews
They don’t want to pay you right!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 15, 2019
They pay you the wrong hourly every week. You’re check can be short continuously. That’s very upsetting and the finance manager could not care less. Very bad company
Decent Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 24, 2018
Your experience with this company depends on which location you work. The corporate office employees are not good at their jobs. They do not care about employees. But the checks are on time and pay well enough
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 9, 2018
Performed security checks, in addition to giving great customer service, team support and surveillance of the grounds. At the same time, I corresponded with 3 different large scale companies to help establish and exchange information with vendors.
It's a survival job. Company and managers don't care about how their decisions affect the employees.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 21, 2018
AUS is your typical everyday security job. Clock in, do your busy work, work overtime because someone didn't show up, go home... eventually. Management at every level is inconsistent, constantly changing rules and policies to benefit themselves. Policies and procedures at times flip flop back and forth. A lot of dishonesty in the what managers tell you.
Pros
Weekly pay, offer benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor decision making, not really honest with employees, terrible culture.
Aups
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 20, 2018
This is a typical security company. very attentive to employees always made you feel like family. weekly pay. semi-relaxed job depending on the location you get. overall i would work for this company again
It was great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90802April 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there, I feel they are a great company to work for, I would still be there but relocated. You will enjoy working for them as long as your own time, and do your job.
security
security (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2018
The posts I used to guard for allied universal was pleasant no difficulties at all relaxed environment most accounts they provided were applicable for me
Good luck getting someone on the phone
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 1, 2018
Horrible Company to work for. They never answer their phones; the only way you can get a hold of them is going down to the office. They pay you the minimum and then brag amongst themselves at the office about how they are making money off their workers. They keep more than half of the compensation they receive from clients. I never received a pay raise working with them in four years.
Cons
Low pay
Great place to w
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2018
The most of all i enjoy meeting and speaking with the clients an avg day at the job patrolling the area checking doors and gate making sure they are lock and secure
Pros
They provide the uniforms
Cons
Short breaks no health care
relxing job
Standing Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2018
this job is very relaxing because I had the grave yard shift. so my hours was kind of slow . I really didn't have to do to much but just check the trucks in and out.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
couldnt leave my post at all
Always an opportunity to grow
DIRECTOR OF SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 28, 2017
I've worked for Allied for over a decade and they are always promoting officers in the field. It's a great opportunity. If you're looking for a career or just a job, they will work with you and your schedule. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Leadership team is good.
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Healthy Work Enviornment, Consistent Promotions
Cons
None.
Oportunities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 20, 2017
There are plenty advancement opportunities if you take them. If you show you are reliable it is rewarded with all the overtime you can handle. Client relations are fantastic
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Bad attitudes of coworkers
Document Destruction Coordinator/Parking Admin (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 8, 2017
Any one who works for Allied Universal tends to stays for a long time. There's room for advancement and pay increases. If not a your current location, there's a verity of other places to transfer to.
Hard to understand Their thinking process
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 23, 2017
Hired, gave 100 percent but still got called off on scheduled days. They would give hours to their friends. A lot of work for the money. Didn’t pay correctly at times and when brought up would promise a fix which never happened. So if you like working for free go for it.
Pros
They will hire anyone
Cons
Don’t pay for some hours
Very slow and relaxing environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 19, 2017
Allied Universal is a very fast learning and slow paced job I enjoy working for them but the pay is very low. The most enjoyable part of the Job is that Supervisors are not always checking up on you.
Allied Universal
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2017
Its a ok company to work for. I dont really engage in other employee problems i just do my job . I know alot of employee always complaining about something
Pros
its a job
Cons
wish the money was a little better
Had a post really didn't do much, kept count on how many trucks came and left.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 12, 2017
This job is really easy you literally just sit in a small shack with ac doing nothing just keeping count of trailers coming in and going but they rarely come you're lucky if you get one or two. At first I liked it cause I didn't do anything but then I started to gain weight and get really bored. I at least want to do something write something down walk or anything.
Pros
You have a lot of free time
Cons
No break, no benefits, low pay
Aus
Security Officer, Vehicle Patrol Officer & Rover (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90802September 5, 2017
Drive marked vehicle around designated property sites
Monitor cameras of suspicious persons
Daily activity reports filled out
Hourly patrols of interior/exterior of buildings
Ensure protection of person, property and product.
my review on working with allied universal private security
Post commander/security proffesional (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 18, 2017
my reviews with the company is at 100% i believe we have grown as a company over the years to come,we are around the globe covering 50 states now i love working for allied universal iv'e been with allied since november 18,2009 still current til this very day and the way iv'e been treated i recommend any one to apply with us in the future.
Started out to be a fairly good job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA and nearby citiesJuly 17, 2017
Problems arose when I had to fly to Michigan when my mother passed away. Given less hours. Then, I had to have skin surgery for pre-cancerous growths , and my doctor did not want me in direct sunlight for more than 30 minutes per day. They just stopped giving me assignments. Strange, because I worked primarily indoors and on afternoon shifts.
Pros
Nice when I could be at the same post for a decent period of time.
Cons
Stopped giving me assignments.