Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Lyndhurst, NJ

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 14,498 reviews
Relaxed workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJ 07071April 18, 2019
I really enjoyed ths job. I sat in a booth and monitored activity around the building, patrolled the area & occasionally engaged in conversation with the tenants.
A decent place to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 24, 2019
It is nothing special. Being a security officer can at times be relatively boring. Over my adult life I have had jobs that stimulated me and kept me physically involved.
My Company
Receptionist/Lead Officer/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 25, 2019
Allied is a great company to work for and I love my boss to death. He's the type of person that tells you things you should hear and not what you think you should hear. He's a tell it like it is person and I love that about him.
Cons
everything
I love working for the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 26, 2018
I had a great day meeting new people. While at my post I got a chance work the beam which is a virtual assitant. The management team was wonderful. The was nothing that was hard about the job. I just enjoy everything
Horrible
Security Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 17, 2018
The managers were unprofessional and they hold personal grudges against people who object to their mistreatment of staff. They also discriminate against people who do not praise them.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Some managers are horrible with nasty attitudes towards employees.
Productive and family friendly place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 7, 2018
The diversity of people working with the company create an environment that is productive in promoting growth and giving opportunity to excel beyond and above expectations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
It was a good working experience
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 5, 2018
I left the job on good notice it was a good experience but just like any job you want to progress and in advance it was a good opportunity. I didn't see myself growing in the job that's why I left.
Pros
Rarely any lunch breaks
Cons
30 minutes is the time that you have your lunch if you get a lunch
Reputable Company
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 21, 2018
Good Company. I has many security guard accounts in different locations. It well established, reputable, and organized. The pay is good with opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Health benefits for guards could be better.
Management is out of touch
Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJ USAMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work was very boring, the pay was dismal, and when and even when the staff was short and I mean very short management in another county paid little to no attention and did practically nothing to help the sites which by the way was a very substantial account of theirs.
Pros
Less Stress
Cons
No Job Advancement unless you were ex-military or police
A mental stand point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst NJMarch 9, 2018
Security is a job that challenges you mentally and not physically. You have to have the patience, mental strength, awareness, and psychological skills in dealing with the public. Always trust your instincts. Keep conversation to a minimum to avoid distractions. Physically this line of work is by far most relaxing. Mentally it can wear you down, or boost your confidence, depends on your mental stand point with yourself and the public.
Good job skills training
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 21, 2018
A company that I would recommend to anyone seeking employment in a security type atmosphere. They are competitive, reliable, trusting to some degree, sometimes they are put to question, but all in all they are professional. My work ethics with them was quite educational and a learning wonder.
Pros
Great training
Cons
More communication between employee and mangement
Relaxing enjoyable position, very easy income.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 27, 2017
A typical day at work flows without incidents. I Learned that people will try to pull a fast one when they think I'm not paying attention or if let my guard down. Work place is pretty much Multicultural. Management is great. The hardest part of the job is waiting for employees to pass by. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be that I am in control of who enters and exits the warehouse.
Pros
Free lunches from client.
Cons
Client not good with advising me ahead of time when I'm needed to stay longer periods of time
no raises
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) –  lyndhurstOctober 20, 2017
the managers dont have communication. and unless your apart of the union you dont get raises. the uniforms are not durable. some of the account mangers are never available.
Pros
they have several sites
just have to really stay to your self a lot
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 8, 2017
i like the company but i feel like if we work or don't work on holidays we should still get paid. i feel like we should have longer lunch breaks. great company
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
shorts breaks
can be very relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 28, 2017
Most times not a whole lot to do but walk/drive around the site. You do not get paid a whole lot so they usually don't require much of you. It is a good job for a low skilled worker or college student.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
Great place to be
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 22, 2017
This company was pretty good. Account managers always on point. They want to see their employees move forward in life. I love this company and would go back.
Pros
Great pay
Allied Barton is an amazing company
Security Console Operator (EHMC) (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Great Company amazing staff. Great job site locations for you to work at. The company strives to make sure all employees are satisfied. Job sites are understanding
Pros
Low income
Cons
Great Benefits
it is good working environment
Second Shift Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 19, 2017
all environment a good, all employee get alone well with each other come on time in a manner fashion, working all the security guards client are excellence with working with all
Pros
being on time for about 10 minutes early
Cons
driver dont all alway stop so the tralier information can be check
Anyone can do better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 16, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever took on that just got progressively worst over time. Management all the way to the top were mostly a narcissistic, egotistical, and unethical group of individuals who don't care about the employees who work for them. The bottom line for them is to make sure they have able bodies to fulfill their contracts and receive their bonuses for staying within budget. There are really almost no advancement opportunities at all unless you have found a way to fit into the fraternity-like atmosphere where the favorites get to have things go their way. It is an incredibly unfair place to work because of immature workers, staff and most importantly in management who play games with their employee's lives. And this is a company that has access to your most personal and private information and they won't hesitate to unlawfully exploit that to their advantage. It was really a lot of wasted years working for them.
Pros
A lot of downtime
Cons
Practically everything else
One mistake and you are fired.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJuly 11, 2017
I worked at a data center in new jersey. I accidentally let a worker in without signing him in, and I was told not to come into work a few days later.
Pros
quiet
Cons
manager with a bad attitude, workers with no education