Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Found 121 reviews matching the search See all 14,514 reviews
Okay Company
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2019
Based on my research of this company and experience. There is some good I got out of the deal which includes weekly paycheck, no shortened pay (at least for me lol) and cool, fun fellow security officers. However the post(Amazon fulfillment center) I worked, it was stressful and not enough pay.
Pros
Good co-workers and weekly check
Cons
Poor management
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32803June 15, 2019
i would not dare to refer someone to allied because the management system is suck and they do not understand if you have a family or not they will change you from one good post to one of the worst one without notifie you
Unreliable Hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2019
The weekly hours are unpredictable. I started out full-time with Allied. Allied lost contracts daily and would not let you know. I showed up at 2 different post to find out that another company had taken the contract from Allied without Allied notifying their guards. Allied made no effort to make up for the hours that were lost. I ended up with 18 hours per week part-time. Poor management, I had 4-5 managers in the year I was with the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication from management
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2019
For a job that is so simple and so easy, they make it difficult. Management on site and in the office do not care about anyone but them selves. They ask you to lie to the clients you work for, to keep pertanant information from them, they don't pay you fairly based off of the surrounding areas or where you are located. I am highly disappointed, being run by a bunch of ignorant kids.... dont waste your time
bad overall
UPS Hub Supervisor- Scanned UPS employees (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2019
not enough hours, no management at all willing to help with problems at posts, never get paid on time, basically work for a month without pay and not to mention they dont pay you holiday pay correctly either just a bad company to work for
Pros
Cons
everything
Professional security comoany
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2019
Good company to work for. Good benefits. Professional business. Active job sites. Allows you to build your communication skills to a high level. Overall a good company and great people.
Fun while it lasted
Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando Intl. AirportMarch 13, 2019
Sadly we lost the bid for contract renewal and no viable options to retain my employment was available, no real offers with realistic salary offerings.
great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2018
Great environment and very challenging, I work where they had very demanding patrols with numerous checks (in the mid 80s), Also numerous post involved so it was challenging and rewarding learning procedures and routes
Pros
plenty of opportunities for overtime
Good work space, little pay for the work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
The work enviroment and team was beyond amazing however the pay we all received was not enough to call this a career. Most of the workers we had have multiple jobs or pick up extra shifts on other sites to make ends meet. A company this large should be able to pay all its worker a livable wage.
Pros
Good teamwork. PTO. Flexible.
Cons
Little pay when compared to other licsenced jobs.
It was a great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
it was a great company to work for I miss being with them and want to go back if possible, but without my car it would be hard to get to them at the office .
Good and friendly place to work
Armed Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2018
The work experience with this company is very good. From day to day there are so many ways to learn more and prepare for advancement. Working with and around the client and all their employees is a good feeling. to assure the client and employees that they are working in a secured environment is rewarding within it self. The workplace culture here is very diverse. The hardest part of the job is to help the employees understand that some of the security measures in place is there for their protection as well as ours. sometimes it's hard to get employees to except the fact that we must exercise good security procedures at all times.
Pros
The ability to be apart of some but not all of Lockheed functions.
Cons
Not being able to leave the job site during the shift.
professional working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  11 S. Bumby Ave.Orlando, FL 32803October 2, 2018
Work day varies pending assigned location,company and managers provide adequate training for assigned location.The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting visitors and staff.
Pros
multiple job locations
Cons
Job location changes
A great company you could learn from if you love doing security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Allied Universal Security is a great company! They will help you out as much as possible to satisfy everyone needs the right way doing whatever they can too make the best OIT of every situation.
Not a bad company to work for
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2018
I work for this company when it was just universal Protection. I work at a court house the work was really good all so the other officers where good. But the pay was very low maybe with the allied universal merger the pay is better.
Pros
Court House work really ez
Cons
The pay was supper low
horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2018
do not work for this company, you will get slaved. The manager is an idiot, there is no team work, you over work and under pay. over all do not work for this rip off company. they will make you work at least 1000 hrs then you might have one week off, then the manager wait until to close to the 1000 hrs, then cut you short so you don't have the vacation. no 401k, no benefits either.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.
Allied Universal is too big for their own good
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2018
Allied Universal keeps buying up businesses. They do not provide the employees with enough training to perform the tasks they are required to complete. They promote people who are not qualified so that they can pay them less.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, pay and hours
Not a good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
They are very unprofessional they fo not care for thier officers . i have never seen a company that does not care for there employees the way they do
opinions
Security Officer Lockheed Martin (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
I am grateful for the opportunity they provided for me but for someone that is a veteran and has a degree, I feel they could pay better and have better benefits.
Pros
nice people, grant you the security license
Cons
not enough pay or benefits
Poor management in the Hospitals accounts.
Arm Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2018
Working in the hospitals pay well. But the management in the hospitals accounts is poor. No flexible work schedule and no good relations between guards and supervisors. Company Human Resources just believe the account manager version is a issues arise. They never support the employees.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
No support by Human Resources. Poor management and no interest for the employees.
Terrible company
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Horrible culture, hard work is never recognized or acknowledged, inadequate support to achieve the goals proposed. Turnover in management is scary