Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Palm Desert, CA

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 14,504 reviews
Great if you want a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 6, 2019
3years of working there managment lacked training for there employees and just dropped in a post that training is needed with out any help but your self and any last minute guard transfer of information of the night
Decent Company
Community Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 25, 2019
For the most part i was treated fairly well at this company however once i was unable to conform to a new schedule i was threatened with termination. other than that i had a good experience
If you are meaning to advance in the company this is not the one
Security officer full time (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2019
Allied Universal clients pay Allied Universal $40 an hour police officer on my post for that $40 an hour I only receive $13 an hour only a small fraction of what Allied Universal is getting paid for each officer I think this is bad business they're working in profits and that paying the guards enough money for all the things you have to go through with racist clients class that think they're better than the security officers they look down on you they say bad things to you you can't say anything back or you're fired job security there's no such thing the people that they hire to work with you or unclaimed the post is a mostly dirty Rundown it's not a good company work for I've been working for it because I need the money and I've been working for that company for 3 years my on site supervisor doesn't even make the security officers clean up the only one that cleans up as me
Pros
We have one half hour for lunch
Cons
Two 15-minute breaks
Not a happy place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The job is what it is, no advancement,management has no interest in advocating a living wage for their workforce,a body with a pulse is all they seem to be in need of
Pros
you can say you have a job.
Cons
no health care, weak self centered management little to no interest in quality of life for their workforce
good job, needs team work. needs for Supervisor Desision
HOA Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my job. Was not able to do my job correctly. Not able to
Supervise correctly. need a change.

Employees do the same mistakes over and over . When Instructed to correct mistakes.... say they are being Bullied.

These Employee want to do what they want. Do not listen .
Pros
Need good employees
Cons
Do not follow or listen to Supervior .
The company is cut throat
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 10, 2018
They are so cut that i wouldn't recommend this company to any one all they care about is them self and they barely answer the phone when u ask to speak to them or they are out of the office
Outstanding company to be associated with.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 22, 2018
Busy, reliable, fair. responsible, dedicated to satisfy client's needs..I enjoyed working for this company. Management takes good care of their associates.
Pros
Management listens
Cons
Health care too expensive
I like my job but the pay is way too low.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 29, 2018
I am all over the office doing little projects for managers on top of my own duties. Answering a ton of phone calls and dealing with every one who comes in the office. I don't have a problem with what I do, just wish I was paid more for it.
Pros
Fun environment, paid time off
Cons
Dealing with upset employees and customers. The pay is low.
A Job that can provide insight and experience and average income
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 26, 2018
Exactly like the review Summary. Great Place to Start working as an entry level security guard pay is average nothing special not alot of benefits and any that are there require you to be there for a couple years to even effect you positively. work experience is plentiful as you can find your self working security in all types of venues and location all requiring a new mindset and skills and ability to adapt to a changing work environment. Professionalism is a must at all times and work place appearance is of great importance at all levels in the company. On-site lower level managers and supervisors are the real un-sung heroes of the company a good supervisor or manager goes a very long way in making a healthy work environment. Advancement in the company in title and pay is very difficult or non there at all. When Working here dont expect to make a career or to work to an entry level career jobs pay. at the end of the day its a job that provides food on the table and some bills paid and should be treated as such going the extra mile does not guarantee reward only exceptional service and a good feeling towards peers. the hardest part of the job depending on where you accept to work (hospital, parking lots, country clubs, gate security,resorts,warehouses,patrol vehicles,in office,.) can Be the High Stress And Low amount of Pay For HIGHER Standard Security. In short if after a while of working security at whatever post your at and the thought of i might As well should of joined a police force and get paid better to deal with the same on the job stress cross your mind. your doing  more... beyond the call of what the job title and description narrative is. protect property with prevention and observe and report nothing more.

I recommend this job for someone starting out and dipping there toes into security. maybe for job security to have an income and +++ for a college student who is just looking for a job in the meanwhile (temporary )while studying and getting paid. i see universal as a tool and a milestone to help you achieve your personal goals. but as far as making a living and looking for advancement I would Say Look else where. and for those who are in this company i encourage you find progress for yourself elsewhere.
Pros
good for college students, relocation not a problem to work with they can find a job in your area, very good security work experience, beginner friendly, slighty above average income, can work with your schedule
Cons
stressful, not very much advancement, forget about asking for a raise, going the extra mile does not help advancement, strict in policies, office politics is a thing, can be cut-throat, high stress or very long and boring work environments
Don't go!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 16, 2018
Not a good place to work! Company does not care about employee's. My post was poorly managed by a person with no degree. You have to fight for time off. The bare minimum in service, perk, bonuses, etc is offered. Scrutiny is exercised over every call off you make. The post Commander at my post did not properly follow protocol. I was with the company for over a year and only received a one dollar raise.
Very good place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 10, 2018
I liked working here. Though I have graduated from this University my time here was well spent along with the faculty. Change of management is undesirable when people like it the way it is.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 4, 2018
No comment on working at this place thanks. And have a very much good day. And blessings to you. Ok peace out ppl. Gotta go look for other jobs okay..
Cons
steady security job, many opportunities to learn
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I started off as a part time employee but I liked how the company provided many classes and certificates to employees. I took advantage of this great opportunity and I completed any class I could.
Workplace
Graveyard Guard (Gate Only) (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 4, 2018
This job is low pace and not stressful. A typical graveyard shift will vary with traffic depending on the time of the evening. From 5 vehicles to possibly 20 depending on the location.

The locations vary from very large and neat to very small and not organized/clean.

Not much of any interaction with other employees with the company except the field manager that stops by occasionally.

Each location my have different software you have to learn and gate rules.
Pros
Lot of time to yourself
Cons
No benefits as part time.
A Great Step Towards Law Enforcement
Private Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Worked with Allied for 9 months. Started at a guard shack at Bermuda Dunes for a few months. But, wanted more than just sitting down all day. They relocated me to Cabazon, which was an awesome job. Reason for leaving is because they could not find me a morning shift or somewhere closer to home without wasting too much gas.
OK company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 9, 2018
A good company overall! My day would start off signing into my shift then, going to post location, then dealing with people at post location and making sure it is secured.
Pros
Big company with opportunities
Cons
Hard to reach main office
security
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 28, 2017
its a great company to start as a security guard all the employees were helpful , nice , and professional pay was ok to start working extra days whenever they needed someone was great
Inconsistent, Unorganized, and Don't value employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA 92211October 23, 2017
Management has shown not to really care about their employees. It seems that if you are needing help with transferring, uniforms, days off etc. the management has shown little effort to help. But it does very do to employees going from post to post. Most the time the pay doesn't match the work you are doing.
managment
Security (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 28, 2017
If you worked out time sometimes they did not pay you and you would have to call them to remind them. it would take them awhile to pay you if they forgot so you would have to keep reminding them.
Pros
good work place and salary
Cons
poor management
Overall hard to make a career
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 26, 2017
This company where I was working was trying to outbid a bunch of companies and got way more than they could handle. The management was hard to reach and always confusing to understand. Can't really move up in the company and people stay with the same pay and title for so long it was really depressing to imagine myself doing that.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, working with incompetent/unwilling coworkers