Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Found 103 reviews matching the search See all 14,526 reviews
Terrible work environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2019
Everyone looks out for themselves, there is no place to excel. Supervisors mess up pay & refuses to fix the situation. No communication amongst shift supervisors and employees.
Security Officer/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2019
i would never refer this company to anyone i know. the "management" is absurd. When employees try to change job sites the "management" is no help at all.
They treat you like a number not a person
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 7, 2019
They treat you like a number, not a person. Very impersonal. They don't care about their employees lives or situations. The management just doesn't care if you have lost a loved one that died, they give you no time but two days to "get over it". If you try and call h.r. They don't return your calls at all. No advancement or recognition. Very clique oriented and ostracizes you if you are different. Bosses back stab you.
Cons
good
Gate Guard / Allied Universal Security Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2019
love it love it love like it like it love great outstand great better best great good best rich poor the best the worst cold warm hot cool poor rich good
It’s a good job poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2019
I liked my boss and the site I was at for a long time than they transfers me without my control it made me very in happy with the work environment I was in
Pros
The work around your schedule
Cons
Everything else
Never the same thing each day
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2019
They offer multiple job sites to travel to, and various types of employment. Works well with schedules including those with kids. Offer several different types of additional training.
good job to start employment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15213December 4, 2018
Not something you can build a career on. Easy work but bad benefits. Great site supervisor but upper supervisors are not so involved and dont express the care for employees
company is bad
Night Desk Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 5, 2018
stuck with bad equipment that does not work, bad sites short check managers that don't care stuck working double and triples at gated controlled sites
Great job
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2018
Great job dor retirees and military personnel , a professional atmosphere with a touch of a family feel .on a normal day you are watching camers not to hard.
Security Survelliance
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
Majority of your day is spent signing individuals into the building, looking at cameras for surveillance and writing a time log. Overall this job is at a slow pace and requires a lot of sitting down.
allied barton is just a regular company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2018
if your looking for something extra to help with the bills or as extra money then allied is okay I wouldn't recommend full time work they will throw you under the bus pending on your site
Low pay, little support from management, clients are permitted to take advantage of the guards
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2018
It was a job. No support from management, personnel in leadership positions that are abusive to subordinates, major lack of communication between client and management and management and guards.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Low pay, healthcare costs too much based on pay
This is a great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
The job is great. I feel like the manager on my shift at the time has it out for me so I couldn't continue to work there, but you can join the union. The union helped out most of the time. The other guards are nice, friendly, and will help you if need be.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
You can get fired for almost anything
be very observant and stay focus
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2018
The job is easy just follow all the procedures.

Have a professional apperance and attitude.

be on time.

and be kind and courteous to the client.

be prepared for any and every medical emergency and safety hazards in and around the property
The work ethics of Allied Universal
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2018
Typical day at work for me is getting to work early to relieve the person on duty. The work place is good because I am in a controlled temperature room and not out in the heat when it's hot or in the cold. The people, I get along with and learn something new most of the time.
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
A lot of call offs
Temporary
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2018
This summer job was temporary. I worked the night shift at a hotel in my city and saw and learned a lot. From wedding parties to noise complaints, I tended to have a predictable routine from 11p to 7a.
Terrible place
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2018
Horrible management. They don't care about employees. They change your work schedule without telling you and expect you to be there. They hire morons that couldn't find the floor with a flashlight
Pros
Cons
Tons
This building is relaxful and a good place to start a career. The bosses are great and treat their employer good
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2018
A very good job and quality of work is something that can be appreciated..i like working here, the staff and the employers are very friendly. A great and fun place to work the best that i ever had
Pros
Located in different cities
Cons
Short hours
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 1, 2018
Actually the company was called Allied Security. Worked for them almost 10 years. Liked working with the management and employees.
It was a team effect.
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor/guard (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2018
I have been with the company as it changed hands over the years. I am happy with allied universal as they try their best to find shifts that work within my criteria to balance my family life and work life.