Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Sacramento, CA

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 14,430 reviews
A fast paced growing company that was great to work for. The work was challenging and fun.
Fire, Life, Safety Trainer for Northern California (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2019
I would travel to a site where I delivered a training session on Fire Warden roles and responsibilities, and other emergency responses. e.g. earthquake, medical, active shooter, and violence in the workplace. I was assigned an area with over 400 clients. I loved working with the clients. The workplace culture was exciting and challenging. I had the opportunities to expand my role and job. I would drive to the clients location, set up, deliver the training and when finished, I would travel to another location. This happened at least 3 to 4 times a week. I worked from home, set my own schedule, and developed my own power points. I worked for a regional manager who was very supportive. The over training head was located in Southern California and my mentor.
Pros
Work from home, set my own schedule, company credit card, and compensated for my vehicle.
Cons
Lots of travel
Fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento,caJune 11, 2019
I loved working here it is a relaxed n fun environment at all sites , I feel anyone of all ages would enjoy this type of job . There are inside n outside post .
They suck
Lead Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2019
They are a unfair company they do not care if you have a family,there unprofessional hire any one that will work for them. They are unorganized and always confused on were they want to staff there associate.they need a lot of work
Pros
No pros
Cons
They suck
fast pace work place
Security Officer Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2019
good place to work
this place make u a better officer
management are great easy to communicate with.
great workplace culture
making sure complete your route
it fast pace workplace.
Great Place
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2019
very relaxed and good environment. Very flexible. Great for someone semi retired and just wants to stay busy. I would also recommend this to someone needing guard experience.
depends on site
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 23, 2019
A typical day often depends on the site that you work at. Anything from vehicle logging and or personnel logging and access to facilities to vehicle and foot patrol could constitute for a regular day.
Pros
Always a chance to get hours
Cons
Pay and site transfers not being put through
productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2019
you work, and do overtime. every location is different you might get a desk job or foot patrol or vehicle job but all is the same you will remain on post until another officers relieves you
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2019
This is the most disorganized and chaotic company I have ever worked for. The management in the office was incompetent. There were constantly pay issues until I secured my own place in the office and was able to ensure my hours were input correctly. This company does not care about their employees and there was a unofficial but very real policy to ignore issues until they were blown out of proportion and could not be ignored anymore.
Pros
Cons
To Many
Large Security in America that an employee can be ignored in.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2019
They are not connected to their clients or employees anymore. It is all done by formulas to meet financial goals. There is very little personal connect between management/supervision and employees. Management does have time for this as they are trying to meet company goals.
Over all good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2019
I liked the amount of different sites available to work at any given time. Management sometimes were a little slow and in over there depth. A typical day at work was always professional. I have went to many different sites and always had the proper training when needed. What I learned from working for the company is to always no matter what follow the rules exactly. At the end of the day I was always happy at work and felt good about my job.
Pros
numerous job sites
Cons
young management, not experienced enough
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2019
AUS has provided me ample opportunity to shine and grow. Withing a matter of weeks I was promoted to my sites supervisor position and was able to make the changes within my site that my team had previously addressed were not getting done.
Pros
Paid lunch and weekly pay
Cons
offers anniversary bonus instead of time off at most sites
My review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Where I worked, there were on average two supervisors per shift. There were the official rules, policies, and guidelines, then there was the supervisors own at the site I was at. I never knew which to follow.
Pros
I enjoyed the work environment
Cons
Poor management
I like it its very easy and comfortable.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2019
I come to work clock in sigh the log sheet turn my music on and listen to music untill i have employees coming through when the employees come through i check there stuff.
Pros
Its relaxing
Cons
U get tired of sitting
Don't work for these people
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Unless you love workplace politics, I recommend not applying to work with this company. Every branch I've worked for has had payroll issues, NLRB lawsuits, and biased management.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Breaks get interrupted without being able to continue them, paperwork gets lost, vacation requests get lost, all paperwork will get lost at some point.
No work/ life balance
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Allied universal will keep you busy working. They bought out the majority of other security companies, so they have plenty of contracts to fill. So, if you're willing to work, they're willing to let you.
Pros
Security will always be needed
Cons
No room for advancement
Terrible management and HR
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Don't expect any help from managers of HR if you are being harassed by a co worker. During my employment i was being harassed for over six months and had documented and recorded proof of all the incidents. I was completely ignored even after submitting my reports to corporate which included video & audio recordings of the incidents. The recordings not only revealed fraud & drug usage was taking place but much more and i was still ignored completely.
Pros
Cons
No respect for employees.
Good Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Good Experience Working With The Public. Always In Communication With My Superiors. Uniforms Were Brand New. Daily Activity Reports Were Always Reviewed. Overtime Was Available Sometimes. Observe And Protect Was The Objective On Duty.
poor hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2018
i was only working 16 hours a week i have 4 kids no way i could feed them on that pay. The training was ok the site they trained me at was to be my 40hr week but i never worked there.
A merged company now
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2018
They have a lot of sites. Most of the sites are undesirable and have past your skill set, the pay was horrible for the most part, cannot make a living with that
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
Hmm
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2018
Hmm its a good company if your wanting to get your foot in the door and gain experience in the industry. They hav e many types of sites to work at with them