Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 14,504 reviews
Dumb
Security Officer/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2019
Dumb, and they had so many issues. Payment was hard to receive. They were late or didn't pay you for your overtime. They were always missing people. So overtime is always a plus.
Endless opportunity for a driven and outgoing individual
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 29, 2019
Account management is an excellent way to get into the management arena. Mentoring is readily available and offered. The culture can vary from site to site. The team you hire can dictate the overall feel of the site. Account managers must have the work phone on their hip at all times. Expect a few calls after business hours every week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy to create a team and execute a vision at your discretion... provided you have a client that is on board.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Small recruiting pool
Security
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2019
If you love security then this is the job for you, especially if you also have military or law Enforcement background. Only say that others might just want a job well this is for you too.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Salary n high benefits
Very professional but too much in house nonsense
Private Security Officer/Dispatch Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2019
This company can be a very professional environment but depending on the site, it can be a locker room environment among employees. The employees are the lifeblood of the company and it's up to the managing staff to ensure that those that get hired can live up to expectations as professionals on and off the job.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
No PTO
too much whining about an easy job
City Creek Security (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2018
do your rounds the first 2 hours
catch up on emails
correct reports or finish assessments
do more patrols and help customers
meet with management
inform the next swift about whats happen during your shift.
best part was meeting new people all the time.
Pros
paid lucn
Cons
too much drama
Great company to work for
Private Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2018
Because Allied Universal employs Security Officers to multiple locations, I can't really give a specific description of what a typical day working for them is like. However, what I can describe is the internal environment is like. The supervisors are very responsible and the one I had was both kind and helpful. There is a lot of pressure for the job (obviously, it's a security job), but you generally have a lot of ways to figure out what the protocol for specific situations are. When you first sign on, you'll generally take a 3 day training course, which includes CPR training, and then on the 3rd day, after class, you go to the Department of Licensing in SLC. They pretty much walk you through the whole process. They have a main office you can walk into pretty much any time and talk about whatever concerns or questions you have; it's very open-door that way. I didn't apply for their benefits during Open Enrollment, but I assume their roster is pretty massive, because I received a 10+ page packet regarding what they offer.
Pros
Great benefits, responsible coworkers and managers
Cons
Stressful (duh, it's security)
Easy Work-Harmful Supervisors
Allied Universal Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2018
Supervisors wanting to see other supervisors get in trouble. Normal Officers feel tiny and unimportant. The job itself can be very fun and rewarding, it just needs to be more thoughtful on who advances and making sure they care for their teams.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Supervisors
Security Officer summary
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2018
See the above rating. That says it all! Job work balance is not good, pay is minimal, but pretty much goes with job expectation. You will not find a great chance for advancement, benefits. A great place for longevity if you just do as you are told notwithstanding the pay and hour fluxuations.
Pros
independency in work
Cons
little benefit, sick leave, paid vacation, pay
Decent for what it was
Roving Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2018
Paid fair for position good benefits. However management could not manage people effectively. So I was one of many rovers who filled in for sick people at various locations. What happened management didn't want to fire people who failed to pick up. So rovers only answered when they wanted work. I took on call seriously and answered phone as it was required. So I ended up working 12-16 hrs a day for months before quitting because I didn't get a day off in months.
I enjoyed my time with the company
Master Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2018
Allied Barton was a great opportunity when if came my way. I loved the trainings I was permitted to do and I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was sad when I left.
Its an easy Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2018
The assignment at my post is fairly easy. I just feel like its quite boring for my personality and long hours. The hardest part of my job is to stay awake at night.
so so
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2017
The place is not very fun to work at because of other SPs back stabbing ways. The management at this job doesn't always tell things the way they are. No room to grow, never told about other job openings or getting overtime when needed.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2017
The great opportunity is you get to run your account and make good quality business decisions. Train and educate your team, we have become a working family and a great account to work for.
Long hours & bad communiction
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2017
My location manager was one of the best people you could hope to work for. That being said, I put in my two weeks notice trying to be polite and my Op Manager never even responded just took me out of the punch in system. Didn't find out till the next week when I showed up for work. Serious lack of communication and seriously long shifts, even if it is easy work you'll be bored out of your mind. I would only suggest this job to people who seriously have nothing to lose.
Pros
decent pay, good site manager
Cons
everything else
False promises
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2017
Like most security jobs, lack of openings for growth. Nepotism over trained and under paid. The Managers over sights only care about the client and not their security professionals. Expectations are very high for supervisors to train officers to site standards and to follow company guidelines without any direct training for the supervisors. All training is online and not hands on. Management has 0 obligation to make sure their potential replacements or advancement opportunities are available when the situation arises leaving a gap for most professionals to have the required training to compete in career advancement.
Pros
Good starter job into the security field
Cons
No room for real growth
SECURITY OFFICER/DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day would be pretty slow-paced, but the pace of the day would change as soon as any incidents occurred. Overall, everyone was friendly and it's easy to find advancement opportunities
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
sometimes high stress
it a job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2017
i work at one site and we lost 14 personnel in one year work over 200 hr of overtime and nave told the plan more when one week before we work it and had no hr to talk to about anything
Exciting place to work, full of smart people, and very diverse.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2017
It is a great experience for people to gain. It also helps people break out of a shy bubble as you have to talk to customers, and confront rule breakers. Overall a great place to work while going to school.
Pros
Free parking, paid trainings, paid lunches.
Cons
Can be pulled from break if needed for an emergency.
Not bad job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
I only worked for six month from february 2014-september 2014, so a lot it might have change for the better or worse, but it was ok when I work there.
Pros
40 hr a week and maybe some overtime might be offered
Cons
no pay raise until the contract get renewed
Good Company
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2017
Allied is a good company to work for. There are opportunities for advancement throughout the company. They provide access to training both for your current job and to develop you for the next level.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth
Cons
health care is not very affordable for families.