Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Found 247 reviews matching the search See all 14,460 reviews
Good Place to Work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2019
This was a good company to work for. The management was very good to me; even when my ability to stand for hours was declining. They had jobs where I could stand and sit.
Work for us, we wont take care of you
Mall Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2019
Pay was minimum, and when they give you a "raise" it's the state raise making them pay you more. No payed time off they use your sick hours. Uniforms are universal because they rotate from people leaving all the time. Regional Management and managers care only about staying out of any problems that may make them get fired. No help only transfer so you can be happy for 3 more months.
Poor managent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2019
They continue to incorrectly process my hours I worked. I would work 48 hours for a week and I would received a pay check with 40 hours for that week. I reported the error and received a false reply that the issue will be resolved on the next paycheck.
Pros
No Pros to report for this company.
Cons
Poor management.
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2019
Management keeps the employees terrified for their jobs, I saw three coworkers fired for no reason other than they weren't well liked. We were over worked and given no benefits. If someone got sick, they didn't get paid and if they were out for more than a couple days they were probably never coming back, they were either 'let go' or transferred to an undesirable location.
Great coworkers
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2019
I managed 3 accounts for Allied Universal. I gained a lot of knowledge and training while employed for AUS. The core purpose of the company were great and the atmosphere was comparable to family
Pros
Great benefits and work perks
Cons
N\a
dont ever work for this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2019
I would not recommend anyone to work for this lazy company they rip you off in money and don't give you any sick time or vacation time off you will never be happy if you get stuck with a idiot for operations manager
Alot of oppurnity
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2019
Depending on what site your at the workdays seem very regular. I love the site that I am at. They are always hiring for new roles within the company and hiring from within.
Pros
They are going to give you chances to work
Cons
n/a
good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2019
Good jobs, great pay, HUGE variety of sites. The administration is not so great but everything is pretty stellar. would definitely recommend. loved it.
Poor Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2019
Great while going to school, aside from that nothing. Company went through a few buyouts and a lot of Operation managers while I was there none did not know what they were doing. It sucked.
Unorganized
Standing Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2019
I was removed from the site I worked at because of one of the other guards that worked at the site was goofing off. We had just received a new supervisor so he decided to make an example out of all of us because we didn't tell on the slacking guard and I totally understood that. The slacking guard was fired and the rest of us got relocated to a new site. We finally started working at the new site and the head guard was friends with the new supervisor. This was a huge problem because this guy totally took advantage of us. He would hang out in the guard shack all night until he was ready to go home. He left 3 hours early everyday he took an extra long break every day. Then finally the new supervisor showed up and the head guard his buddy had already went home. Now the guy that got us removed from the last sight would slack off but he would never leave early or take extremely long breaks, so when the supervisor shows up to the new sight I'm thinking hes going to can his buddy. I was wrong the guy showed up the next night and continued his same habits butttttt a couple days later I went from full time to two days a week. I began filling in at the new site and old site I was removed from and I would always read the names on the list to see who was working at the site now and noticed only Hispanic names and before it was a mixture of different people. I'm not saying the company is racist but a lot of the supervisors look to hire their own people.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Supervisors play favorites
Excellent company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2019
Excellent company to work for , they will find you work and try to be flexible with your days off.but you have to put in the work to get what you require from them.
Pros
Great locations and resonable staff
Cons
Certain management
Fun productive and boring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2019
If I was to say for this company Allied Universal is a good company but again considerably whichever side you're on your are there going to be happy or sad
Awesome people and interesting environments to work at.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2019
Typical day involved patrolling around the facility and checking CCTV cameras. Never a dull moment in the security industry as working with the public always presents new challenges.
n/a
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2019
observe and report
take notes
patrol the area
Stand for 10+ hours
Walk for 5+ hours
Interact with clients and residents
Handle discretions accordingly by making a report, notifying my supervisor, and resolving the issue to the best of my ability.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
N/a
Not a bad place to work
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2019
If you're willing to work they will keep you busy, they also have flexible hours and a lot of contracts in and around the greater San Diego area. The management is willing to work around schedules
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2019
The company is good, they have all the benefits you can acquire. Their giving free uniforms or what ever you need. Their not to strick on emergency leave
It's mostly boring stuff
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2019
The job is the exact same almost every day, walk around, sit ar a desk, see the same people. And when somethingbhappens no one really knows what to do because there was no training and no one wants to get hurt.
For young people
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
This job would be best for young people starting out. It does not really allow you to grow. No room for advancement. At times favoritism is shown to employees. Communication can be better.
Pros
Its work
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Not a longterm job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
If you have any work skills they will not be needed you will just be thought of as a body to the management and your supervisor will make sure to let you know that. They do not appreciate their employees at all.
Pros
Can work alot of hours
Cons
Very low pay
Not a professionl and honest company
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2019
This company is not professional at all. They do not have replacement guards for their full time guards in the event they call out. The supervisors are un organized, un prepared, and short tempered. Allied Universal will work you and purposely not pay you for certain hours, and question your validation if you call them on it.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
shaky payroll, un organized, and shady supervisors