Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Found 169 reviews matching the search See all 14,866 reviews
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2017
does not pay employees on time, does not respond to employee concerns. the worst company I ever worked for in my life , do not recommend it to any one
Great work site had terrible supervisors
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2017
great work site a lot of our security guards love the site had problems with our supervisors hard to move up very disorganized do not have any respect for us and sadly our site brought our supervisors in house now i feel like im starting over with a better account manager but still unhappy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
disorganized and hard to move up
old work place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2017
worked for them a very long time they where very good to me, I loved working for them loved the work place in the people I work with we us to have a lot of fun but work very hard
Professionals
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I am privileged to be part of the Allied-Universal Team i have enjoyed working for this company for over 15 years .

Keep up the good work
Fun coworkers, poor management
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The people I worked with were fun but the managing staff could have been better. They didn't respond to concerns or questions and did not want to engage with their employees.
Satisfactory if you have multiple sites.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Universal Protection Servives in the San Francisco/East Bay regions have poor managment, Quality of officers and satisfaction from regional offices. Whenever problems arise due to payment or perosnal issues for the officer, offices where the Human Resources or Operation Managers are stationed at near to impossible to get in touch with.
Pros
Many sites to choose from
Cons
Many responsibilities that dont equal to the pay
Security Manager / Project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I truly enjoyed the project management aspect of this position, though my role in many of the sites was the same, each new location presented a unique set of challenges.
Pros
Change
Cons
Salary
Bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2017
bad place to work in as a college student due to unpredictable scheduling and over times. great pay but non-caring management because they are a huge company
Security
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 30, 2016
Account Managers are nice. Locations is close to transit centers. The site they send you to are ok. Moving up in ranks take a while. If you like security give them a try.
Straight forward company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Allied Barton is a straight forward company. Apply, get called for an interview, and if you are qualified for the job, get hired. They provide great pay, uniform that is required for whatever site you work in, and respond fairly quick whenever any questions you have come up. When you're given set days and hours for work, they never change unless it's a holiday. You get a raise when you work for a year with them, and they make sure you have everything you need.

The only downside I had with them is that their transferring didn't come through for me. I was told specific steps on what to do when I was to transfer from the Bay Area to San Diego. But when the day for me to begin the process came, it was changed. I quickly ran out f time and could not continue my employment with them once I moved to San Diego.

But over all, they're a great company to work for.
Pros
Professional, punctual and helpful with great pay
Cons
Need to keep up to date with their transferring process to ensure you can still maintain employment
N/a
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2016
typical day, no such thing. Constantly changing to fit client needs. Constant training and improving on patrol habits and knowledge of state and local laws.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Long hours and many times have to work on days off
worst security company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2016
This company is the most terrible company ever bad management bad communication terrible employers basically everything about this place and people are terrible I will never recommend anyone ever work for them DON'T EVER SETTLE FOR SHORT and that's what you'll get from this company in my honest opinion this whole company should be terminated asap WORST COMPANY EVER read the reviews before you make choice to work these in human people
Pros
none what so ever
Cons
everything bad
it depends what site .
Personally Escort (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2016
In all security jobs, it really depends on what site you are assigned too. My advice is to stay away from hospital sites if you are not into being stressed out . I'm at a great site location but have had many bad ones. Remember security guard jobs are not careers , its always a stepping stone unless you want to be a manager .
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
no job security
entry level
Lead Security Professional (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2016
Great for starting out. Always look for the ladder. ..................................................................................................
Not a terrible company. They are constantly growing.
Operations Managers in San Francisco really give a great company a horrible name.
Pros
Experience Gained
Cons
Security is considered "unskilled labor"
It was ok...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2016
It was ok while it lasted, but I will say that there communication sucks because at the end of my employment there, it took me months after people stopped answering my calls to actually resign.
Pros
Pay.
decription of my day
Registration receptionist checking in daily guest (Current Employee) –  888 brannan san francisco caJuly 13, 2016
clock on shift set up my desk start checking people in working with this company is a good start but want call it a career. the hardest part of this job is doing unwanted overtime
Satisfactory
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2016
work days are fairly easy requirements vary by position. Written and communication skill necessary. I wouldn't recommend.
Fun workplace
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2016
They need to improve communication skills . Lack of partner ship and doesn't take complains serious . They need to increase the union raise. The union need to be more involved
Pros
Work day shift
Cons
No communication with accountant
best security company
security (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2016
love the company, they have the best management thus far. They pay on time and you are more than sure to get hours. I love my placement at the hospital. Everyone is so friendly and they make you want to come to work everyday. Couldn't ask for a better team to work for.
Good company to work for
Center Operator/Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2016
Good company to work for if your looking to gain security experience. The only two issues I'm hearing about them is the payroll issues and loss of clients.

53.4K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss