Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Found 267 reviews matching the search See all 14,519 reviews
Best Security Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2019
Allied is good at what they do, they sometime may slack due to callout but they will find a way to get the job done. This sometime also may be a overwhelming job but you'll get through the tough part.
Good Company to work for, you will learn a lot
Armed Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2019
Good Hiring Events, Smooth process to get started to work, licensing process is fast and good, good Account Manager, good work location. Union, good benefits.
Pros
Good Pay, Uniforms, Training, equipment issued to you
Cons
30 minutes for lunch, need to offer Fulltime schedules for other sites when they become available
Simple, Professional, Easygoing place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington DC 20002June 17, 2019
Top flight and an anchor to what security companies should be. A security professional’s dream place to work and I’m blessed to be apart of Allied Universal’s storied history.
Pay Is Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2019
Pay is Great Management Sucks Hours Suck Lots Of OT uniforms sucks paid vacation sick leave great benefits and health care this is good for one with no kids
Wow
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 4, 2019
I actually wouldn't mind staying with this security company-retire. But I left 1 site because of my background which took over a yr for the government to see. I was very grateful, 40hrs, 7 days of sick leave, two weeks paid vacation after a yr. Now I'm at a site where I don't have 40hrs, don't know when I'm off. The schedule changes every week. But I was also ofter the 3pm-11pm shift which I never received. I'm never late always come to work. I feel this company doesn't value their officers. Remember we can always be replaced with a snap of a finger.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and fun to work with.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2019
I worked with them when they were called allied barton, never worked with allied universal. But allied barton was a great place to work. Clients were great, job wasn't complicated or stressful, wish i could still be there.
Pros
Wages were always right, never complained at payday.
Cons
Had to work overtime at least 16 hours per week.
Solid company to work for
Console Operator/Site Supervisor - World Bank (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Allied Universal (AU), would still be employed with them had they not lost current contract I am a part of. Attempted to stay on with them, but they did not have anything currently that was competitive to where I currently am assigned. AU has great training department and Health Care and benefits were above avg compared with others companies. There are opportunities for professional and personal growth if you strive to better yourself.
Pros
Great staff, training, pay and benefits
Cons
transfer opportunities not always available
Excellent place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2019
I enjoyed working at Allied and I wish that I didn't have to relocate, for I would still be there. The hardest part of the job was my commute to work after I moved. Management was the most understanding people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was stress free work environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
you may have to work and additional shift is someone has an emergency.
Daily Operations
Special Police Officer (Armed) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2019
Conducting patrols, greeting tenants and guest as they bypass the lobby. Monitor CCTV units, hand-wading and vehicle searches. Access control and escort details.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not being relieved on time
Great company!!!!!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2019
They’re a great company. I didn’t have many cons at all working with them!! They work with you in any given situation, as long as you communicate and inform your superior I. A timely fashion.
Pros
They’re worth working with!!!
Cons
Can’t think of one
spo
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2019
Monitored and authorized entrance
and departure of vehicles, cargo trucks
and visitors.
● Detected suspicious activities and
watched for criminal acts and rule
infractions.
● Patrolled the facility and served as a
general security presence and visible
deterrent to crime and rule infractions.
● Monitored and authorized entrance
and departure of employees and
visitors. Reported all incidents,
accidents and medical emergencies to
law enforcement
Great Opportunities
Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2019
I loved working here. Great opportunities for advancement. Great leadership and organization. Great training and preparation for the site. They usually have great contracts with clients that last for years.
Okay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 23, 2019
I enjoyed working for them while the contract lasted.
I don't feel i should be forced to write this review for this company if this app portal for all company's in the United states.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2019
I love everything about this company, the weekly pay ehub the Captains. Never a stressful day always laughter and smiles. I use to have weekends ofdf.
Somehow productive
Lead Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2019
I love working at this company at this point in time, and at the same time looking for a better opportunity.
I don't. Feel great about mobility based on the concept of management . I believe promotions should be based on performance and tardiness, but I feel this is missing in the management aat this time.
Nothing to say
Client Area Manager - Cushman & Wakefield (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
Nothing much to say. I worked there for 14 years and now its over. My job was very demanding. Daily travel to sites every day, but my time with the staff was awesome.
Unpredictable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2018
My time with Allied Universal was unpredictable. When working in contract security you never know whats going on in management. You think everything is going fine, then they lose a contract and your stuck with a decision of loyalty or livelihood.
good company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2018
Allied Universal Security forces is a good company where any good person( Lawfull person) can work to carry on his/her life. The co-workers are so friendly when working at Allied security forces company in Washington DC.
Great.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2018
The workplace culture was very professional. I enjoyed working the other officers. I learned about points views. Pay could be more for this area. Learned about the medical center, how they are ran.
Pros
Friendly Officers
Cons
Healthcare too high
very stressful and chaotic to work there
guard officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2018
Overall rating from job management to job culture is very poor. The company have incompetent managers and site supervisors running the company, as a result, officers work under stress ans very chaotic working at the sites.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Management disrespect for workers