Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Commander

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 14,519 reviews
The good ol boy system at its best.
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2019
I’ve worked for allied universal for almost 2 years. I was hired as the post commander for a site and haven’t had a single complaint, disciplinary action, or even been late to work a single time. I have been the exact definition of a completely reliable employee. As post commander I was responsible for the duties of an account manager (payroll, scheduling, hiring, discipline, training, ops, etc.) But somehow when the account manager position was opened, they picked someone from the outside
Pros
The client I was working for cared more about my team and I than Allied Universal ever will.
Cons
Low morale, low pay, no advancement, no incentive, horrible Managment etc..
Standard Security job that will get some of your bills paid.
Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 22, 2019
Overall the company has a history of a lot of law suits and unpaid wages, but on the other hand this company has help me and my family through college and other things as well. It all depends on the site and the management there to give it a better rating. Most of the site the company has, have poor management and need to retrain there staff in my opinion.
Pros
Pay check of a weekly basis.
Cons
Everything else, plus management.
Rover
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 5, 2018
Whenever a guard would call off, they would call me to fill in, I never has a permanent post.
I worked at hospital, fedex center, hilton hotel, nyx comestics warehouse. Different pace.
Underwhelming
WATCH COMMANDER (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 23, 2018
While fellow employees and immediate supervisors were great to work with and dependable, somewhere along the chain of command, communication was broken. Employees who took initiative and excelled in productivity were often reprimanded or fired. Employee safety was incessantly preached but rarely of apparent concern.
Pleasant place to work, mostly easy, creepy bosses.
command center guard (Former Employee) –  Somerset Properties in Fort Washington PASeptember 18, 2018
I worked in a command center alone. The training for emergencies was inadequate. The job itself was pretty nice, and the people, and my supervisor was great. The upper management was bad: they do not care about their employees, and handle things unfairly. We had a Café that was very nice for food, snacks, and beverages. I spent most of my time letting in delivery people, and handing out badges to cleaning personnel.
Pros
Nice building to work in, mostly easy work.
Cons
Nasty uncaring managers
Worst Company to work for.
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 10, 2018
The branch office here in Oxnard, CA , is very bad. The manager that was assigned to this area was very unprofessional towards the employees. Her name is Emely. I would never work for this company anymore.
Pros
No benefits at all
Cons
No benefits at all.
Messing up Pay!
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 8, 2018
There will be times I would work OT and DT and I will have problems with my pay. The max I have waited is 6 months to get paid. I think that's very unprofessional.
stressful environment
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2018
Every site is different is different. The biggest challenge is meeting the standards and expectations of each on site manager. You are always under appreciated.
Poor management from top down / Average Company
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2018
Working for the client account was never the issue. The management from top down is not employee friendly. I found the management lacking in all ares of company and account support. This company has some of the best paying accounts in the security industry. Unfortunately, it also has some of the worst managed sites in the industry. Use this company as a stepping stone to build a solid resume in security.
Pros
Many jobs
Cons
everything else
No complaints
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 24, 2018
Great company to work with if you have other things, like school, to do.
You get a chance to meet a lot of great people and develop great relationships with clients.
This job has been a blessing over the years.
Pros
Meet a lot of people.
Cons
Hard to transition into a new career once you finish school.
Good Place to Work
Command Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2018
World Trade Center is a great place to work. Such a honor to work on a site where it has such a deep history. Being able to work here for 4 years and watching the establishment grow outward has been a pleasure.
Good Company
Assistant Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 20, 2018
Good to work for. Very fair and treated staff great. Not a great paying job. Could have offered raises based on job performance. working conditions were great.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Not competitive wages
I worked at Wells Fargo Center
Security command center operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2018
My day would start off with team briefing. I learned a lot because I started off as a rover and became a Command Center Operator in less than a month. I did feel kind of stuck because no one would want to take over my shift.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
hectic enviroment at times
it was fun
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2018
It was fun till new management took over. Since merging with Allied Barton the quality of service went down. Would love t see the old managers return. it was a nicer place to work at.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Summary
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90034February 17, 2018
Allied is a great place to make money. The opportunity for making money is there. The pay rates weren’t that great but depending on the account, you could make up for that with hours. OT on the account I worked was always available.
Pros
Good benefits program
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced and competitive
command center operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Basic security job, patrol officer and other positions available. Hardest part is is the hours spent on foot patrol, walking around the building and trying to cover the designated area of operations.
Pros
Employee parking, benefits
Cons
Work schedule
Great Place to work for experience
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 5, 2018
If security is what you want to do, then Allied Universal is the best place to do it. They have a lot of overtime opportunities and you meet a lot of great people like you. It can be fast paced, but you'll catch on quickly
Could Be More Productive With Employee, Many or Way Underpaid For The Type Work They Performed Daily.
SITE CAPTAIN/COMMANDER (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Massive Turnover Rate Due to Low Paying Wages, And The Hiring of Unqualified Security Officers.The Company Also Have a Major Problems With Security Officers Calling Out Sick or Not Showing Up For Work, And I Highly Believe It Is a Direct Result of Low Pay, Resulting In Many Security Officers leaving Seeking Employment Elsewhere.
A day at work
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I arrive for my shift early I relieve the Graveyard officer and take the pass down. Anything that happened, or anything coming up he passes it on and signs the book then I start my day.
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Work for one of the worlds best security companies. Multiple locations and opportunities. Always room for advancement. .Your superiors are always available to reached.
Pros
Uniforms are provided
Cons
none that i ran into