Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Commissioned Officer

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 14,478 reviews
Love allied
Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2019
I was recently with allied I had a real life death situation which caused me to no call no show I was always on time very hard worker and got fired for no call no show I need a job now
Pros
Some site supervisor over due there job and sum do nothing at kl
Cons
Pay every week
fun work place
Commissioned Security Officer Level III (Current Employee) –  FLEXDecember 5, 2018
as I start at the company I was not sure to do my job 100% but by the help of the management and my coworkers I become professional security officer that can handle hard situation
Pros
N\a
Good
What I have experience
Level 3 Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2018
Depends what account manager you work for. Also the client you work for has a lot to do with it. I was able to help assist during a hurricane. I also was able as a security officer learn from other officers with 30yrs and 20yrs experience that have taught me a lot. So the advice I can give about this company. If you work with an officer that has salt and pepper hair learn from them they know what they are talking about.
Pros
People are fair
Cons
Not enough pay
Excellent and wonderful
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Ex• Provided service to all customers and tenants needing assistance
• Patrolled all garages and property buildings
• Responded and took appropriate action to emergency situations
• Explained and enforced Allied Barton guidelines
cellent and the working environment is very organized and courteous.
Pros
Great employee staff and understanding manangement personel
Cons
Everything about the job was very influential and informative.
Missing management
Corporate Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
I've only seen my boss for a total of maybe 5 minutes in the last 60 days. It's impossible to get a hold of anyone higher up. No room for growth in the company unless you go in as a higher up.
Pros
No boss, no bother
Cons
No boss, no communication, don't believe anything until you see it
Fun and Easy work
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2018
working at ALLIED Universal has benefited my life. like any Job, it has it's ups and downs, but still a good company to work with! Allied Universal provides me with a uniform, a security badge, and guidelines to follow on and off the job. The guidelines inform you of hazards and potential danger to look out for.
Pros
depending on where you are located at, great clients, respectable people.
Cons
Short Breaks, Short hours, not enough hours
Working at Allied
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2018
Allied Barton is one of the best security company i have worked for. The management is excellent. Supervisors always in touch with employees. Excellent benefits. Always reply to our concerns. Lots of training, educational skills and certifications. I had to leave the company due to a sudden physical illness.
Typical Workday
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2018
The fun part of the day was working with and meeting the clients. Making sure the people I were secure of the their surroundings. My co-worker are friendly and I enjoy working with them.
Work enviroment/security
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2015
The work environment was good. It's always enjoyable and personnel are professional. The only downfall is that there is no health insurance for employees which in this day and age is very important.
Productive, fun workplace
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pick up from banks to atm machines on a daily basis. Change of partner and truck was constant, and long hours.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Shift changes
Nice place to work with great clients.
Shift Supervisor / Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 20, 2014
A typical day is not so typical which makes the job enjoyable. Good team work environment.
Decent
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 1, 2014
larger security company, pays better then some. schedules are not always best or even consistent.
Good people to work with
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX AT&T Building downtown Dallas.September 10, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring all vehicle and pedestrian traffic that entered into my area of job site. I usually
write up a DAR(Daily Activity Report). Issued visitor badges. Used
Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) to observe any suspicious activity on my post. I logged in and out all business vehicles when they arrived and departed my post on a daily bases.What I learned was always be observant to your environment and attempt to anticipate what may occur on your post on a continuous bases. However, management never gave you any feedback or proper training of how to do your job effectively. You learned on the "Fly" as you go.But, all the co-workers felt practically the same way as I did. The hardest part of the job was management would change up the rules without notice and this kept you off balance most of the time.My immediate site manager only came by my post maybe a total of maybe three (3) times during my employment with Allied Barton.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I only worked part time during the week and had the weekends off.
Pros
Having the weekends off.
Cons
Lack of communication with management.
Ok job
Commissioned DC Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2013
It was ok job it could've been a career but pretty much stagnant, good coworkers management not friendly at all.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad management
Working for Allied Barton
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2012
Have worked for Allied Barton
Have always had good locations to work. And have always
gotten good hours.
Had very little problems working for Allied. Would be very glad to
go back to work, if given the chance.
Allied Barton
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2012
Steady work, just not a career growth opportunity.Employees are just slots to fill time openings and you have to know someone to advance.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Over all a steady job
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Port San AntonioNovember 28, 2011
It's a pretty good company to work for. Steady Work. Observe and report. You are the deterrent or the one who the people needs to see patrolling the area at all times of the day or night.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no breaks