Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Console Operator

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 14,514 reviews
Solid company to work for
Console Operator/Site Supervisor - World Bank (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Allied Universal (AU), would still be employed with them had they not lost current contract I am a part of. Attempted to stay on with them, but they did not have anything currently that was competitive to where I currently am assigned. AU has great training department and Health Care and benefits were above avg compared with others companies. There are opportunities for professional and personal growth if you strive to better yourself.
Pros
Great staff, training, pay and benefits
Cons
transfer opportunities not always available
Our Account Manager is the main reason for a good review
Console Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Our work site is laid back. Every worksite is different just be prepared to do the job. You may have to walk & stand for long periods of time, be exposed to the weather. There is room for advancement. Benefits and pay are just okay.
Pros
It's steady work /opportunity to advance
Cons
Benefits not great/the pay is just okay
good work place environment
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYMay 19, 2019
It's a great company to work for. The workplace culture is nice and courteous. management has excellent leadership values and skills. I learnt how to perform building tours
Pros
Free Parking
The people are the good and bad of the job. Favoritism, office politics, people knowing about your job security before you do.
Console Operator-Security (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2019
On the typical day you come in and you get water called pass downs what this is is just what happened on the shift before you started and things to look for on your particular shift. Best part of the job is the benefits and pay which for what we do could be 2-3 dollars more to tell you the truth. The hardest part of the job is the turn over, office politics and the level threat red over reaction to when it's only 2-3 people dealing with 200 branches and the implementation of "efficiency" which means you do more now with the same pay. Don't get me wrong, I've met some good people at this job and the benefits to add make it worth it.
Horrible
Security Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 17, 2018
The managers were unprofessional and they hold personal grudges against people who object to their mistreatment of staff. They also discriminate against people who do not praise them.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Some managers are horrible with nasty attitudes towards employees.
Its complicated
Console Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2018
The pro are that my co-workers, boos, and other employees were okay but the amosphere in the environment was to laidback and relaxed for me but it was simple job. The location was great and it upscale security office and I enjoyed meeting new employees and vendors there.
Pros
nice food and coffee
Cons
no paid time off, lunch room is directly by the mother room, unprofessional employees, no parking in the evening time if your shift is in afternoon, too many people come in the office, too many people complain about alot of nothing
fun and pordutive place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2018
it was job it was no problems like that but I would work back there lng as there is good team work and great managers with a great out look like isaid its a great job u can make money thre with overtime
security
Customer Service/ Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Answered high call volume of incoming calls
Answered customer question and provide appropriate information
Monitored alarm systems or video camera
Operated detecting/emergency equipment
Escorted wrong doers or trespassers from the area
Everyone that I have come to work with have been very friendly.
Security Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
I have grown very close to everyone that I work with. It's like a second family. We look out for each other. We work well with one another. When one doesn't know an answer another steps in to help. I have been with the company since 2015, and there has been times when I didn't think I could make it here. But, the more questions I asked, the more I learned from my supervisors. The more I was able to help the new people that were coming in after me. Now when we get new employees, I try real hard to teach them as much as I can.
Pros
We get to voice are opinion freely with no repercussions
Cons
When we get new people, they aren't properly trained.
Good Company to work for, but it's a shame you are just a body
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 6, 2018
Really busy some days. There is extensive training available online that is free to the employee. Management, well, management cares about management. The hardest part of this job getting people to get motivated to work...not sit around. The most thing I like about this job, is meeting new and exciting people. Very diverse.
Pros
Free OnlineTraining
Cons
Motivating employees to give 100% or more
If you want low pay then Allied Universal is the job for you
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2018
The site supervisior brought her family to the job site all the time, the front lobby desk was always a mess, nobody ever really wore the uniform, patrols never really got done. There was aot of gossiping and rumors about other guards. It was a complete mess.
Pros
Cons
the company doesnt care about the guards.
Managment Is Terrible
Security Guard/Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 10, 2018
Management is biased and racist they do not promote within they hire new people for top jobs and expect everyone to change their schedule to accommodate the favorites.
Hines Property Management contracted Allied
SUPERVISOR/CONSOLE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  811 Main Houston 77002February 24, 2018
Second Shift supervisor with overseeing all co/workers and contractors on an after hour site. As tenants are still on site, we are to be always ready to assist as needed, protect and report
Pros
Property management is awesometo work for
Cons
unable to really have time for breaking
My experience
CONSOLE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 26, 2018
It not a family oriented employer. Your schedule would be set in stone and when you work the 3rd shift it is hard to get anyone to switch with you or fill in if you aren't there for some reason. Management doesn't believe that employees have a life outside of Allied Universal. Once you have hit the employee ceiling that is it. I would never want to be a manager.
Pros
It's employment, money is ok.
Cons
The schedule isn't family oriented
great company
Console Operator/ Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
this is a great company to work for. great people to work with also flexible schedule. The supervisors work with you and help you understand your post orders.
Awesome i would go back in a heart beat!!
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This company was awesome I really liked the company and the employees. As a console operator i operated the security cameras the garage. I dispatched to 911 and EMS that was very fun because i had to learn all these codes for the job position.
Code White is a Medical Emergency
Console Operator/Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
A women came to the Console with shortness of breath. I sat her down and asked if she needed medical assistance. I called the Code White, 911 Emergency, and my supervisor to assist. I notified her family while my manager assisted her with oxygen. The situation was my 2nd Code White and I was attentive and respondent. She was placed in an ambulance with EMS. I was congratulated by my co-workers and supervisor for a job well done.
Pros
Free Access to Gym and Parking Garage
Cons
Not enough time to spend with my son
Worst Security Company
Security Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2017
The worst company ever to work for. Awful management from top to bottom. The location had the worst manager ever. The pay was very low for the work they wanted to do.
Security Console operator
Security Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
My typical day was fast paced.

I learned to maintain composure, critically think, and prioritize during crisis.

The workplace culture was friendly and easy to adapt.

The hardest part of my job would be to lose a customers id and mismanage key inventory of the entire corporate buildings & individual offices of the complex.

My most enjoyable part of my job is that I could multi-task with little to no errors in an environment where it should be two officers, I mastered it as a one man show.
Pros
6A-2p shift was the best!!!
Cons
Get a state of the art command center!
Allied Barton is an amazing company
Security Console Operator (EHMC) (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Great Company amazing staff. Great job site locations for you to work at. The company strives to make sure all employees are satisfied. Job sites are understanding
Pros
Low income
Cons
Great Benefits