Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Control Officer

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 14,478 reviews
Security Is A Job
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2019
You'll get hired if you can pass a mouth swab test, and you'll always have access to hours. Otherwise I'm not a fan of the security industry in general; very stressful for what you get paid, minimal benefits, and difficult to advance unless your site has such opportunities, or you feel like moving up to a role that gives you too much work with too little support.
Discrimination to Hispanic people
Control Room Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, and Miami FLAugust 20, 2017
Worst place to work, they change your schedule without notice. They are racist and don't like Hispanic people.Salary was almost the same. They are layers and try to hook you in the beginning. Be out of this company. Officers had to pay $200 to get their uniform.
There only fun was staying out of the younger officers way with their negative outlook
Control Room Officer (Former Employee) –  Boardman OrJune 8, 2017
This company was enjoyable to work with and for the most part the other Officers were really imature and did not take the job serious. All that changed when G4 S took over the contact from Allied Barton.,
Pros
Great experience
Cons
There were over 30 different supervisors on the job in 3 years.
Its fun working here.
CONTROL/LOBBY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 1, 2017
I am a quick learner and I easily adopt to new working environment and that is what makes me enjoy working here since its a fast working pace. Also, all officers do have a clean, neat professional appearance.
Awful Management
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 12, 2017
Overall the job itself is actually quite enjoyable. The team I work with on a daily basis is filled with great people, and the work, while sometimes tedious and boring, has also proven to be challenging and fun.

However, the management team has only ever shown a massive amount of favoritism and poor decision making and communication skills. Things like pulling jobs from under people, and forcing them to re-apply to it, as well as avoiding truth in several situations make it a very uncomfortable and worrying work environment.
Pros
Great Team Members, Challenging Work
Cons
Poor Management, Risky Job Security
Great job, poor managment
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2017
I love to multi-task, stay busy, research any question I don't know the answer to, so this job gave me all that. I was constantly answering emails, the phone or direct personnel, or processing paperwork.
My first big company to work for
(Access Control, Command Officer) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company. My first corporate experience. The company can and should provide more pay and contribute more towards 401k contributions.
Cons
benefits and pay not great
Fun environment
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 10, 2016
Great bunch of security offers to work with. and a well organized place to go and provide security for as well. The employee's are all very nice and they enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Clean area and well kept builing.
Cons
Weather sometimes wasn't the best during night rounds.
Good Security Company
Security Control Operator/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2016
This place made me feel very welcome and was known for my hard work all the way to the main office. They made sure to let their employees know when they had done a good job.
Huge learning curve
Access Control Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 4, 2015
I give access to residents, guests or vendors into the community after they provided information of the destination or guest. The pace of customer service changes through out the work shift.
I learned how to provided better customer service and work more independently. My co-workers are helpful with providing advice to resolve situations or problems that might occur. The hardest part of the job is handling pressure of working with high volume general public.
Pros
Better work environment
Cons
Work scheduled
Monitoring CCTV, entrance and exits of employees, visitors, and contarctors
Security Control Command Officer (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 8, 2014
Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors. Monitoring and authorize the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security on the premises.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay rates
Security Job
Security Control Officer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 2, 2014
At this job I was security control officer. My typical day consist of me monitoring the building and the people that came in and out of the access rooms. Making sure the building was secure at all time was priority. I learned a lot lotus notes, security panels, and how to created and deactivate badges. Management were focused never any person conversation unless they were dealing with something changing, and my co-worker where all very nice people. The hardest part was touring the building on the outside when it was dark outside alone. The most enjoyable was the people that I was able to learn and grow from.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Third Shift
professional
Access Control Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2013
not a good place to grow. not a career job. play sucks but your expected to do it all plus more when there isn't staff. can't be yourself. staff kind of shady
Pros
kids. very polite.
Cons
staff and management