Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Director of Security

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 14,535 reviews
Allied is a joke. Poor pay and poor management
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Hazard Center, San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2019
If your a young adult living at home with no commitments or obligations working at Allied may be for you. The company is not too particular in who they hire. This company constantly under bids contracts just to get the contract and then has difficulty keeping a body to feel the post because they leave for higher paying jobs. Management is poor and they dont care about you. Pay is very low and there are no incentives
Pros
Cons
My pay was good, however the regular security officers suffered because of low pay, hours and upper management doesnt care about he ground troops
Great company to work for.
SECURITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2019
I worked for this company since before the merger. I spent over 6 years with them and it really was a great company to work for. To be honest, the best part was where I was contracted out to. I had been at that location for the majority of my time with the company and all I can say is that it was a great experience for me.
the job
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30309June 1, 2019
I love my job, the client I am contracted to is very helpful and understanding. The atmosphere is very easy going. Only a few big incidents on site since i have been working there. Everyone is friendly and nice.
Pros
nice people
Cons
they should pay more for the work expected
AUS was an amazing company to work for!
Assistant Director Of Security (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2019
As a company, Allied Universal is amazing. They offer extensive on the job training programs, career advancement opportunities and employee life and health insurance benefits.
24 hour a day job...
Director of Security/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2019
A typical day was to drive to one or more of my three accounts and conduct inspections. There could be meetings with clients or with home office. I learned how to manage a workforce of up to 30 Officers. The hardest part was disciplining Officers who you would become friends with during years of working together. the most enjoyable part was when all the shifts were covered, the most important thing, and my phone wasn't ringing.
Allied Security
Director of Security / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 5, 2019
This is a great company. They provided help anytime I needed it at my remote job location. They helped me hire officers when I was really low and knew I would not make my bonus.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Keeping people employed
Great place to work and enjoy while you’re there.
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHFebruary 18, 2019
The company has a great owner. I have witnessed the growth of the company. Great leadership and training. You can work part time or full time. There is great chances for advancement If you want to advance. I have been with the company for six years and I advanced to an Director of security in only 3 years. I can’t say anything bad about this company.
Pros
Advancement and pay along with benefits
Cons
Some sites are not that great
Working with AUS is all that you make it.
Director of Security/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2019
I enjoy working at the current site I'm contracted at. Without the Client having one on one interaction with me on a daily bases I would have never been promoted the 7 times I have been promoted in the 8 years of my service with AUS. I've been with the company for 8 years and the turnover rate is so high because of the pay. At one point of time AUS never visited the Client to check on their employees but slowly but surely things are changing. AUS do not give out pay raises so you will have you have additional income just to live.
Pros
Training new officers on how to become Leaders and completing work loads given by the Client.
Cons
Not being compensated for your worth, or not recognized for you hard work and dedication that you provide.
Allied
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
No many opportunities for advancement made known to all personnel. Training was state of the art (online academy) and recommended to all personnel. Salary was decent.
Security Protection Company mediocre
SECURITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  virginiaNovember 10, 2018
A typical day at work is chaotic.
What I learned is this company is deceptive and greedy.
Management is cut-throat.
Workplace culture is employees are not supported.
The hardest part of the job is having to work in such a poor environment.
The most enjoyable is when I'm driving home away from the job.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
You get poor health from stress
ok
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2018
On the retail side of the business, you answer to a Regional Manager. I have a good Regional Manager who allows me to run the ship as I see fit, but he is always available to answer questions or give some guidance. I work at the Client site, which is nice for me because I was here before we went contract security. They also allow me the freedom to run the ship how I see fit, with the knowledge that I am open to suggestions or tweeks of daily routines.
Good Contract Security Company to work for!
Director of Security/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CA 91706August 11, 2018
Solid company to work for. Online training for employees, called the All Star Program, was offered and encouraged for all. Opportunities to promote. If you put in the effort, you can advance.
Pros
Available job locations nearly everywhere.
Cons
Contract employment is not permanent, but other assignments are generallly available.
High level management is very unorganized and completely disregard respect for loyal employees
Director of Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
Company is very unorganized and very reactive. The company has no regard for it's employees no matter how hard you work. The company offers opportunity for advancement with very little pay.
Pros
retirement benefits
Cons
Unorganized Company and little pay
Professional Working Environment
Security Director (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 26, 2018
Good company to work for.Plenty of room for advancement. Enjoyed being involved with such a professional group and seeing advancement of well deserved employees
Allied Universal is too big for their own good
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2018
Allied Universal keeps buying up businesses. They do not provide the employees with enough training to perform the tasks they are required to complete. They promote people who are not qualified so that they can pay them less.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, pay and hours
Rewarding Company to work for if you're a "go-getter"
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 9, 2018
Top notch security company that rewards those committed to a career in the corporate security field. Opportunities for career advancement are plentiful and promoting from within is strongly encouraged.

A good choice for former military or those looking to dip their toe into the security industry.
Pros
Accounts nationwide, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Can be long hours at times, low starting pay at most accounts.
Allied Universal was a good company for the most part.
Security Director (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 7, 2018
I was able to get the respect of my boss when I started. I was able to grow with the company from the bottom up and i will answer cherish that. It was a struggle to find a place where both the clients and the employees were satisfied but otherthan that not much to complain.
Pros
Free lunch breaks not meals.
Cons
There were 30 minutes break.
Some strengths, some weaknesses
Security Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Allied Universal Services has good technical services but inconsistent backup support. I worked onsite at the client and was not in the main office so I cannot comment on workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was my relationship with client personnel. The hardest part of the job was getting backup support from the main office.
Pros
Good Technical Services
Cons
Inconsistent backup support
A mess since the Merger
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV 89502May 13, 2018
a mess since the merger. The Reno market is treated like and after thought - no support given. The branch office staff routinely made errors in entering information and that slowed down employee pay, they were aware of the issue and did nothing for months.
Fun place to work
ACCOUNT MANAGER (DIRECTOR OF SECURITY) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2018
Allied Universal is a great place to work and grow daily. Luckily for me, I was able to work my way up to the top from the ground up. If you need help at all, you'll find the necessary resources within the company.
Pros
teamwork, goal oriented
Cons
n/a