Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Field Supervisor

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 14,460 reviews
Flexible for personal life however the company is very unorganized.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2019
Flexible for personal life however the company is very unorganized. They do offer a lot of training which allows room for growth but other than that, it very hard to move into a higher position.
Great company to work for and with.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2019
Great company to work for. There is room to grow in the company. The management is very hands-on and are reachable if you need them. They also have on-going education.
Horrible management that doesn't care about employees
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97219April 2, 2019
Bought out the company I worked for and immediately all benefits for our employees were lost. They don't give paid vacation. The only paid days off are mandated sick days by local jurisdictions. They had officers driving vehicles that had no driver's licenses.

It took two months after I left for them to reimburse me for everything I was owed. It took repeated threats of taking the matter to the Department of Labor to get my earnings.

Avoid working for this company. Do not conduct business with them. Neither laws nor their employees matter to the people who run this company.
Pros
Cons
No paid days off
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2019
This is the most disorganized and chaotic company I have ever worked for. The management in the office was incompetent. There were constantly pay issues until I secured my own place in the office and was able to ensure my hours were input correctly. This company does not care about their employees and there was a unofficial but very real policy to ignore issues until they were blown out of proportion and could not be ignored anymore.
Pros
Cons
To Many
Depends on your location
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Allied Universal can be a great company to work for depending on where you are. As with any major company, the leadership varies from region to region. Also, there is definitely room for advancement for college graduates and they often hire from within to administrative roles.
Great Company
Field Supervisor (Various Accounts) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2018
Great company to work for and good to its employees. pay is towards the op for security officers, locations are great and the management treats its officers well..
Pros
Advancements are possible
Cons
none come to mind
Too focused on acquisitions
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74135November 5, 2018
Current company culture is too focused on expanding the net worth of the company by buying other companies.

The overhead staff are not compensated for the inordinate amount of time they put into their jobs and they are underpaid, nationally, for the responsibilities of their roles as compared to competing companies in the same industry.

The current CEO has one mission only, to get the company to IPO in both the United States and in Europe, to make the 10 billion dollar worth mark with the company, then sell out and leave the shambles behind.

It is not a good company to work for for any career minded individual and it is even worse on our personnel assets at our contract accounts as they get no raises or other compensation for their work for years at time.
Pros
Ability to feel like you're really working for the team.
Cons
Finding out no one cares you were on the team.
Career Advancement
Security Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 9, 2018
This job offered may opportunities to advance in your career. This job also provided many benefits that helped my family. There was also very competitive pay within the organization.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Short Lunches
Allied Security
Field Supervisor, Rover, Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 23, 2018
Interfacing with client employees, I was meeting the client's security needs, which varied from employer to employer. As a field supervisor, I traveled to client sites to ensure that our company guards were performing their duties in an acceptable manner, were dressed to reflect the standards of our company, and were projecting a positive image to our clients. I also took care to ensure that any upcoming absence due to personal reasons or sickness of personnel did not result in posts going unattended, and other guards were timely approached to ensure they would fill in for the individuals who were unable to.
Pros
Responsible job that required presence of mind
Cons
Upward mobility
good place
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2017
good place to work. Good people to work with a lot of sites. Traveled a lot all over san Antonio and the area. There is a lot of advancement in the company of allied universal
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2017
We have a understanding manager. This is a great place to work. My manager understand that their is a balance between life and work. Management is will to help with work and life.
Lousey Place to Work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Field Supervisor covering sites for company. My tour was from 8pm to 6am. Not a very organized place to work the Field Supervisors were not advised when a contact was lost. Little or no communication between the Company and the Guards.
Pros
4 Day work week
Innovative and team work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax County, VASeptember 1, 2017
A typical day will be scheduling officers to the various posts and making sure they are alert and complying with company policies, and reporting all occurences.
Pros
Free monthly gas cards
Cons
Too much overtime
Patrol Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2017
The company has been good to work for. The problem is receiving performance raises. They don't recognize the hard work, loyalty, and dedication that good officers perform.
Pros
Will get you a 40 hour a week post
Cons
Will not give raises for your work performance
Easy job
Security Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 10, 2017
The job consists of standing or sitting at your post. Occasionally doing searches and paper work. Some post requires you to walk around the building checking the emergency exits
Big company.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 29, 2017
Big company, this company really doesn't not put the time or effort for there employees. The pay doesn't Compensate for the workload they put over you .
Pros
Great starting job out of high school
Cons
Little pay
No life
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2017
working at allied is ok. The pay won't be hire than 12 unless you're a supervisor or if you are working at one of the county contracts which I am so my pay is a little higher. The benefits are not great and chances of moving up in this company are very slim. There's always a need for people in this company as security has consanr people quiting. If you like to do nothing and make nothing this is for you.
Fast Pace Environment
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a fast pace environment which I love, but this is also a job that does not end or have a set time to when you will be working. When you are in Management, work tends to follow you home. The phone loves to ring at all hours of the night and there is no guarantee that it is an emergency, 9 out of 10 times it is someone with a pay issue. The Management that I work with is wonderful and the employees that work for me are genuinely nice people who would give the shirt off of their back for you. Great place to work, Just exhausting.
Pros
Wonderful People to work with.
Cons
Work never ends
Fastest growing security company in San Diego
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
They have an enormous job opportunity and variety of positions; unfortunately they are greatly lacking in job specific training. With the merger of Allied Barton and Universal Protection Services; it is unknown what outcome will yet happen, but there is a chance that they will continue with Allied Barton training standards and opportunities.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Lack of training
A fun place, but political.
PPO / Field Supervisor / Armed Security (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2016
Stanley Smith Security / Initial Security / Allied Barton - Austin Texas • Secured and monitored different properties • Patrolled, and responded to alarms from banks, to industrial properties. • Trained new security hires in the procedures, and regulations of all accounts in the Austin, Round areas. Along with completing Federal and State paperwork when an officer was hurt, or had com- plaints. • Escorted money transfers from banks to ATM's • Kept current on all agency, and State policies, rules, regulations, and statutes. • Boxing 2nd Pass Notary Public Personally Held - Austin Texas • Notarized authorized State and Federal Documents • Completed and Notarized Oaths of Office, Witness Statements, • Notarized Wills, and "Do Not Resuscitate Documents".
Pros
Every day was different, and interesting.
Cons
I had fun working at Initial Security. Until the company was bought out. Then, attitudes, and everything else went awry.