Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Flex Officer

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 14,460 reviews
Work
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2019
I was subcontracted by Allied but worked at another facility. The other facility was great. Allied was not so great, I would not recommended anyone to work with them due to their lack of understanding.
Cons
Hr, staff, their understanding
Just started and I'm looking for a way out
Peace Officer| Flex Aldi (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2019
I do flex. Manager is awesome, if you ask for more hours, she does her best to give them to you.

A typical day, you stand at your post and do patrols, if at a retail location you keep an eye out for potential shoplifters. Do not touch or pursue anyone, even if you saw someone shove a ham up their shirt or some expensive cheese down their underwear. If your relief doesn't show up, you cannot leave your post. So a 6 hour shift can become 12 hours, you get overtime if it pushes your hours up enough, but standing for 12 hours is painful.

You typically work alone at some sites. Depending on the site, you might get decent breaks.

The main office is horrible. I got hired in March, had to call repeatedly to get orientation, had to call repeatedly to get my uniform, I didn't work my first day until May because the secretary was lazy and didn't call anyone.

All in all, you can make decent money, but you'll want to run after about a week of getting screwed over.
Pros
Hours are available, a good manager will take into consideration if you use public transit, uniform provided everything but shoes, weekly pay
Cons
You can get screwed over hard by a coworker not showing up
A good place to work
Flex Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2019
A very good place to work, good training, great working assignments, good pay and benefits, good working culture, good attitudes and co-workers. I would work there again.
Pros
Pay
Security
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2019
If you love security then this is the job for you, especially if you also have military or law Enforcement background. Only say that others might just want a job well this is for you too.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Salary n high benefits
Depends where you're contracted
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2019
As a flex officer, I've been place to place a whole lot. There are some easy assignments where you sit down and do nothing and there are some assignments that I loved to work at where you actually felt as if you were part of something. it really is a hit or miss depending on what you're looking for.

even at the 'easiest' of locations, firearms, knives, and contraband are still what I would call a regular occurrence. do not let a slow rhythm keep your guard down.
Productive work place
Flex Officer/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2019
Great place to work . Process trucks , hand wanding, screen employees , multiple job sites, multiple positions , flex positions , retailers poistions ;
Flex officer
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2018
As a Flex you as almost always on call. Depending on how good you are that is. You will be eating at work and hardly with any free time for anything. You'll get paid but is it fair is all up to you.
Pros
You'll get paid weekly
Cons
You'll have no free time
Great Place to work
Flex Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 26, 2018
every week i was making 80 to 100 hours. All the site i went to were very nice and the management know what they were doing. It was easy to get a hold of my Scheduler if I need time off or if i need more hours for the week.
Could be worse
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2018
Under current management it could be worse. We need to receive vacation time. The client manager ignores all calls. The ops manager is new and only talks to certain people.
Pros
A job
Cons
Not enough money
management sucks
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 1, 2018
your given a pay rate that you want but only as a flex officer and you never get 40 hours a week. management never talks to you unless they need something. and they never give you the full 40 hours that you were promised. and when you remind them that you were promised 40 hours they tell you that you are only able to give you 32 and thats if your lucky.
Pros
pay check is every week
Cons
you do not work with a team and its slow and boring most times.
lots of overtime available
Flex Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2018
I am a person of few words please excuse. Job pays well and management was on top of any request by email. lots of traveling in own car when you are a flex officer. over all very good company to work for when doing security. Will always be open to returning to the company.
Great hours for flex work
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I've got a great management team that always looks out for me and does their best to get me the hours I want and need. Never had a problem with taking time off I needed and always had support when needed.
Pros
Plenty of work hrs available, good training available, pay is pretty good.
Cons
No yearly evals for raises, some post should pay more.
Allied Universal
Security Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2018
Great company to work for. Many knowledgeable people, great supervisors, great place for law enforcement to start and continue on. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Largest security services company in the United States
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 4, 2017
Full-time, part-time, and flex security officer jobs. Those security officer jobs that require a security clearance pay better than the security officer jobs that do not require a security clearance.
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
You assist on the safety of multiple buildings and the personnel. Trained to administer First Aid if required and or communicate with local authorities and assist local authorities on site. Monitor cameras and quickly and efficiently react and respond to codes i.e. medical emergencies, and theft.
Pros
24/7 security with opportunities for overtime
Basically a good job
FLEX Security Officer (SCAD) (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 5, 2017
It was good job, all you need to do is focus that's all. Nothing too heavy you get all your training in orientation in 3 days CPR certified and all. You will be drug test during those days
Productive company to work for.
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2017
To start I can only speak about being a Flex Officer; the perks of being a Flex Officer is that you are never at the same post. Your are put where needed which is a good thing because you interact with different people on any given day, week or month. Not every post you work is the same so I learned to adapt to every situation. I never had any problems with management, workplace culture is cool. The hardest part of the job is staying focused when you are bored because there is someone always watching what you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting as much overtime you can when available.
Pros
job security, experience and overtime
Cons
pay
Truly enjoyed my years spent working at this company.
Flex Officer/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 22, 2017
This company was a very good company to work for. you could work as many hours as you could handle. I enjoyed my field supervisors very much. They were helpful and very understanding.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Wish security work paid more hourly
this place sucks
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for they play favorites and Account managers don't care about their employees. I'm looking forward to moving on and working for a different company.
Pros
Cons
breaks what are those?
Easy work, Long hours
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2017
The job is good if you're aiming for a career in law enforcement but, hours are set by and station the same no matter what, don't expect to have the weekend free since security doesn't offer weekend free to any security officer and depending on the location, it could be hellish. But like I say, it's recommend for those whom want a career in law enforcement.