Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 14,805 reviews
Great Place to work, But no advancement
Security Officer/Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Its a great company to work for with a decent benefits package. Depending on the post they put you in. Staff is helpful and friendly. But whatever you get paid for that post is your set pay for the remainder of the time you work there. There are no raises or chance for advancement.
Pros
medical benifits
Cons
set pay no raises
This was a company that hired fast an gave trainning if needed
Security Officer (Front Desk) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I would work for this company again, learned a lot about customer service and management, how to communicate with people from all over the world and handle incidents.
Pros
hours
Cons
communication with Management
Good
FRONT DESK RECEPTION/OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Larchwood, IADecember 1, 2017
Allied is a fairly good place to work, other than no PTO for the first year. And the benefits aren't that great. So if you are a completely healthy person and never need to go to the doctor/dentist/eye doctor, or you never want to take any paid time off then it's a job meant for you.
It was okay
Dispatcher / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
they company didn't pay as much money but the management was alright sometime. I feel at time the company could have been a little better at time . the work was alright
Pros
Not at all
Cons
Bad Place
a typical day at work
Contractor Job at Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2017
We didn't learn much at Allied Security Services. We had short

period of time at Allied. The contract ended right away.

The Securitas Security Services took over.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Cheap health care, and no retirement plan
Fun Work Place
Front Desk/Concierge Security (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2017
easy going day at work , learned to be more patient then before, management very friendly, hardest part of the job is the impatient people but you learn to deal and adapt to people very fast.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
far post
Good Company
Front Desk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 11, 2017
The day start off my clocking in and doing your patrol. Socialize with other security officers about whats going on the post. Keeping the up line updated on everything that is going on.
Not bad
Front Desk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2017
good company good benefits for security company a lot of jobs. there are always jobs. So no complains there . Typical day at work. What you learned. Management, workplace culture.
Security
Security /Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Security, COFebruary 12, 2017
it pays well and also opportunity for over time, also paid lunch for some locations. Also room to grow in the company if you are willing to put in the time
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
on call
Simple security
Front Desk Security /Admin Professional (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2016
I only worked on weekends but the crew was helpful in making sure i knew what to do and how to deal with certain situations pertaining to keeping the area secure
very friendly work environment
Front Desk Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2016
Working at allied barton was an experience. I learned that i am a peoples person, because those those tenants were such a joy to be around.Management at the site was ok but at the actual company superb. My co-workers were awesome .The hardest thing about the job was leaving.The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining friends.
job culture
security/front desk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2015
asking for id and checking the building. Management is not good they dont care for security. you have to perform multi duties with less pay. The good thing i had a great communication with the clients they were nice.
It's Ok
Front Desk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 30, 2015
It's a job that keeps me from being homeless just barely. Like my coworkers but the pay and benefits are a joke. Supervisor comes and goes as please leaving the rest of us there to cover whenever our account manager calls. The actual employees of the building (Not AB employees) are ok but are still very much annoying. The time I work allows for me to get home before I have to pick up my child.
Pros
Time
Cons
Pay, Benefits, People that work in the building
Has structure!
Security Supervisor / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2015
This company has structure. They have training or what they call their academy. They set up meetings with employees to see how posts are running. District & Operation managers visit the sites to touch base. They award their staff for accomplishing goals within the company. Sadly my experience was not great towards the end of my employment. After working over 5 years with them with great professionalism and great performance they did not care about my needs. After requesting a transfer due to address change their reply was "suck it up". So I understood it was time to move on.
West LA vs Downtown LA
Security officer/ Front Desk / Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Downtown BranchMay 7, 2015
From my experience the West LA branch has more to offer than the Downtown LA branch.

Also, it being downtown you will deal with more security issues and the rules and regulations will be much more demanding.

If you enjoy being micro managed or micro managing people some of the downtown post will be ideal for you. Not for me.

West LA offers more diversity in terms of types of buildings you will work in. Less micro managing and more empowered shift leads.

Good people overall but we are asked to do counterproductive task at times. Those that stay at their posts past two years seem to be dedicated and respect their work and peers. Some people are just looking for an easy position with as little work as possible and they filter themselves out on their own.

I've been with the company for 6 years and for the most part UPS has been good to me.
Pros
Paid lunch at some posts, Union posts
Cons
Must stay over when your relief is a no show, no paid lunch at some post, no Union in Pasadena posts
Great Place To Work In
Security Officer/Front Desk Concierge (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2015
I enjoy working there, I get paid well and it has great benefits.The only down fall is that the rules and procedures are very tedious and you can get fired for any little mistake.
Productive work place and or environment
Front Desk/Command Room Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2015
A very busy work environment
Always be aware at all times and not to slack
Very respectable
Always on time
When one slack we all slack
Everyone is a team player
Pros
flexible, compromise
Cons
replacement
Same routine everyday at work
Front Desk Secuirty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Front Desk Security
 Check in guest who enter and exit the building
 Copy identification for all guest
 Provide customer service
 Receive deliveries
 Always maintain building clean and customer friendly
Security
security Officer / front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2013
a great Job, great hours, and very easy. i learned how to work cctv's, and i also learned how to work with others
Pros
free food
Cons
hot days
Good while it lasted.
Front Desk concierge (Former Employee) –  OaklandAugust 28, 2013
My years working with allied i had many different sites. Varying from, sitting at a desk of a condo or office building or patrolling a shopping center. Each site had very different responsibilities, but my approach to them have always been the same. Be respectful, be nice and authoritative.

Working security, i had to do a daily report every day and turn it in at the end of the fully completed. some site i had to do data entry of the residents that lived in the building.
Pros
Lost of work

53.4K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss