Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Guard

Found 142 reviews matching the search See all 14,519 reviews
Flexibilty
Guard (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 5, 2019
Management has been very flexible with any schedule conflicts. Benefits are outstanding,
The management works with each guard to find the suitable position to the best of their ability
Bad management
Museum guard (Former Employee) –  Cooper HewittJune 14, 2019
Operations Manager is underqualified, lazy and racist. Speaks to his guards rudely. Has favoritism, lack professionalism and morale. Terrible manager.
Not something to make as a career out of
Gate Guard (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensJune 12, 2019
Bad company they don't care about you but themselves I wanted a morning shift they rather hire someone else than to give it to me. The site I was at was low pay compared to other sites
great job
Front Gate/Guard Booth (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 3, 2019
great place to work fast paced but positive environment, hardest part of my job daily is not having enough time to finish reports or violations the most enjoyable part of my day is clocking in and securing my site
An Alright company
Unarmed Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2019
check in with the automated phone number, do whatever task(s) is assigned for you at that particular location,
Management does what they like when putting you at a site, they do not listen to what you tell them bout availability.
Hardest part of my job is finding stable secure work hours with the company. What i do like is the weekly pay and insurance benefits.
Pros
weekly pay, benefits
Cons
work hours, management
Great workplace and good people to work around
Sercurity Guard (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSApril 2, 2019
Everything was laid back people understood my job and they worked with me. I learned how to checked trucks in and out. I love working as a sercurity .
Cons
Health care benefits, no raises, no vacation time
A day at Wyndham
Unarmed Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2019
All the officers would clock in go to the dispatch office to see which tower we were posted in and then patrol the property. WE would be dispatched to breaks or to any special request for guest.
Unorganized
Standing Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2019
I was removed from the site I worked at because of one of the other guards that worked at the site was goofing off. We had just received a new supervisor so he decided to make an example out of all of us because we didn't tell on the slacking guard and I totally understood that. The slacking guard was fired and the rest of us got relocated to a new site. We finally started working at the new site and the head guard was friends with the new supervisor. This was a huge problem because this guy totally took advantage of us. He would hang out in the guard shack all night until he was ready to go home. He left 3 hours early everyday he took an extra long break every day. Then finally the new supervisor showed up and the head guard his buddy had already went home. Now the guy that got us removed from the last sight would slack off but he would never leave early or take extremely long breaks, so when the supervisor shows up to the new sight I'm thinking hes going to can his buddy. I was wrong the guy showed up the next night and continued his same habits butttttt a couple days later I went from full time to two days a week. I began filling in at the new site and old site I was removed from and I would always read the names on the list to see who was working at the site now and noticed only Hispanic names and before it was a mixture of different people. I'm not saying the company is racist but a lot of the supervisors look to hire their own people.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Supervisors play favorites
great place to work
Guard (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 18, 2019
allied was a great place to work. I came back with the understanding that i would get a first shift position but would have to wait for the merger. After the merger happened there was no first shifts open and i need more hours. i am only able to work first shift and my manger knows that.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no breaks no paid vacation
Very good place to gain experience in vary job site. Good company to work in.
FIRE GUARD (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2019
It is very busy . A lot of learning and experience you can gain. A good environment. Family oriented. Met a lot of nice people. Very flexible place with scheduling and understanding. Learn to have very good customer service and patients. Learn how to deal with different situations.
Pros
Variety experiences in different sites. Friendly staff. Gain lot knowledge.
Cons
Hardly no room for growth.
Terrible
Guard (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 2, 2019
Poor management, poor communication, dreadful hours, chance of traveling, no choice in where you go, lazy upper management, if you enjoy sitting around doing nothing go for it.
Different assignments require different styles of work
Securtiy Guard (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, NHFebruary 8, 2019
Allied provides security to a wide variety of companies who all have differing requirements. This means that working for them can be stressful to boring. They seem to be evolving into a management company with a great many manager layers between accounts.
Pros
payroll is handled efficiently
Cons
Hours can be difficult
Secuirty Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Had to sign visitors in and out of the lobby and drop off location for the building. Give the delivery drivers access to the building in order to make their drop off and pick up
Job was ok at times
Access Control Guard Supervisor/Captain (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 31, 2019
Allied is a pretty good company. I really don't have any complaints other than the balance for work life and home life. The compensation wasn't what I would like for amount of time I had to spend on the job.
Not Employee Friendly
Guard (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 31, 2019
As large as Allied is one would think that it would put it's employees at the top of it's priority list. Employees. At the location I work at, have.years of both military and law enforcement experience. The pay is fairly decent, since they are paying for this type of experience and knowledge, per the company they are contracted with.

Given the vast years of experience, we are treated like an 18 year old unarmed guard. We are led by a person(s) who has had no experience in either law enforcement or the military as a supervisor at any level and it shows. Supervision from the very top makes it a point to not never interact with their employees. They take the credit for what their employees do right every day.
You need to seriously learn to promote people to leadership roles,only after they have effectively proven themselves through their work and attending schooling on leadership.

We are left out of the loop on many issues that in our position, we should be made aware of.

We do get vacation days,but that is only given to us because the company that we are contracted with offers it to us as a courtesy,since Allied does not. We do not receive any paid sick time. Once again, if you really want to maintain your best of the best at at premier site, you need to offer that benefit.

We the employees who work day in and day out, make Allied look good and we impress to company we work for, so why not offer us a reasonable benefits package.

Explain to you many thousands of employees, how only your administrative staff, such as account and client managers receive a better benefits
  more... package that the rest of us?

If you expect top notch employees, then treat them as such. Without us you would not have the contract and thus you would be losing money.
Pros
Pay, work environment
Cons
Benefits, supervision
wages
Guard (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 29, 2019
the day is slow, the hardest part of the job is waiting for time to go by,
i enjoy talking to the residents. i don't see management so you can say that's the best part of this job
too much favoritism
Professional Guard (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAJanuary 26, 2019
The site that I worked at, they make rules as they go along.
They like writing people up to show that they working. They can break the rules, but you can not.
Pros
located close to home
Cons
need good workers and better management.
Busy and very motivated people who help people
Fire Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
Working here has taught me to be on my toes and very alert and active because the clients have mental issues and can often be out of whack . They cant help it because they have mental issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Less days offered to work
I'm still there
I guard Southeastern Freight Lines on Saturdays (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Good company overall, pay could improve as well as pay time off, a complete 40 hours or the hours the client wants, holiday day off pay, better communication between admin and employees
Pros
work
Cons
pay
Basic Security
Guard (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDNovember 10, 2018
Just you basic security job. Almost all positions are part time. No real chance to move up. They have many locations to work at. Hours vary on where you work.