Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Lieutenant

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 14,526 reviews
Privileged to have worked with true professionals, that related to me as a good employee, and asset to thecompany.
Account Manager Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  97-20 57 ave, corona ny 36807January 16, 2019
Over all a great place and people to work for. The managers were respective to subordinates ideas and solutions. All employees are treated with respect and with equal value.the managers are open to explanations and ideas. No such thing as a routine day , everyday is a new experience
Nothing bad to say
Shift Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
The company is okay to work for I was looking for something a little different when I work there nothing bad to say about the company. Give it a shot for yourself.
Job was okay if you work part-time
Valley Metro Light Rail Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85029July 22, 2018
Benefits were not good. Management was very ruthless. Liked working with others who weren't out to get your job. Ran into a lot of strange people working the Light Rail.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Management, Working Outside
Work Enviroment
Officer, Trainer, Sargent and Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 21, 2018
Management improved
Personnel did not match the ratio of location worked (a 10,000+ manufacturing plant)
The acknowledge of your work ethics and time being put in
Lieutenant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2018
Allied Universal is a good place to work.I have been with the company 5 years For the most part it is a good job. Benefits are available upon request
Overall was ok, just poor management. Did not get a raise for 7 years and still had not got one when I quit Worked there for 13 years, did not feel ap
Lieutenant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cayuga, INFebruary 27, 2018
Overall was ok, just poor management.
Did not get a raise for 7 years and still had not got one when I quit
Worked there for 13 years, did not feel appreciated.
Pros
Overtime was available
Cons
no raises
35 hours work weeks
Supervisor Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316February 14, 2018
Its a good company if you are looking for a quick job to get by or a part time. Depending on the job site will determined if you are at a static post of rotational post .
Pros
A quick way to get a job
Cons
No room for improvment
Good Company
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Over all they were one of the better security companies I worked for. The pay was decent and the hours were not outrageous. The can do better with relieving their guards on time.
Benefits
Cons
Not too bad but i wouldn't recommend.
Security Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Depending on the Post assigned, The pay is not worth it unless you do alot of overtime. If your looking for something just to supplement your income, again depending on the post, this may be for you.
Pros
Ample Overtime Available.
Cons
High turnover rate, Hence the reason for the ample overtime
a day of transit security
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Never a dull moment. keeping vehicles out of and away from bus lanes. keep people from soliciting/panhandling. Always watch your back, make friends with local law enforcement. When they tell you something get it in writing or document it. The hardest part is working with the public, The most enjoyable part is working with the public.
Hands on work available
Lieutenant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 3, 2017
Some of the clients were having a hard time adjusting to new protocol. There was something new everyday but it did not take long for it to adjust great company to work for.
Pros
No time deducted for breaks
Cons
Relieve late at times
good job
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2017
fun play to work we always keep a smile on every officers face training every month provide uniforms always able to get overtime upper management easy to talk to
I've grown with the company
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 9, 2017
My experience with the company was great. The Officers I worked with showed me great team work and dedication. Our Model was observe & report, and be very vigilant.
Two thumbs down
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
Started working there, after 7 months I was promoted to Sargeant. Two months later I made lieutenant. Sounds good but the high turnover rate and callouts made home life for me almost non existent. When I got into a jam they did not have my back, nor have I received my $200 uniform deposit I heard I want supposed to pay anyway.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Pay isnt worth the BS
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314March 28, 2017
The management wont help you when you have difficulties and then turn around and punish you for asking for help. They want you to jump through hoops, but when you do, they get mad. Always something.
Pros
Pay for upper sites
Cons
everything else
Can not move up in the company and always given false promises
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2017
Overall the officers that I work with are great as well as the clients. However the down fall is the fact that even being told that you can move up you can not and you are always getting held back it feels like. You go to work every day and do your best and always help out at other sites and there is no rewards for your help or good work. The only thing they do is cut you down and never let you advance or compensate for anything that you do. As well as the 1 time that you need off or something you can not get it or have to jump through hurdles just to get it. They forget everything that you have done for the company.
A good place to work; pay could be better.
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Augusta University, GADecember 1, 2016
My work experience with (former Universal Protection) Allied Universal is good overall. The management team is very supportive. I am positioned at the hospital (Augusta Universal). We deal with patients, medical staff and visitors. The job can be challenging when dealing with psychiatric patients, but the co-workers and management staff are very supportive in giving needed assistance; this can e described as the hardest. For me personally; the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we are helping patients.
Good people with poor management and retention
Lieutenant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BMW Greer, SCNovember 26, 2016
Overall it is a good place to work , with many talented and smart people. Management however has been hired from outside the existing staff and has little to no experience in the security / law enforcement field. They were unable to maintain staffing levels required by the client, resulting in a non-stable schedule for existing officers who were unwilling to remain due to long hours and low compensation. Management used threats and coercion to try to correct the problems resulting in further alienation of officers.
Pros
Liberal breaks, scheduling of days off and great client enviroment
Cons
Poor management and low compensation
Straight Forward Employment
Shift Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 7, 2016
AlliedBarton primarily handles Mall Securities and jobs like that. It does what it can to function in the role of a more expansive Security Position, like the contract with Boeing, which I work(ed) with. There is a long road yet to cover before it becomes as proficient with it's manning and Senior Management, but it's getting there.
Pros
It's a great position to build your resume
Cons
Manning; Senior Manangement
A work in progress last I worked there but definitely in progress, this is the best Security company I've worked for so far,
Drop Shift Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD Johns Hopkins Homewood CampusFebruary 16, 2015
As I've stated above this is the best Security company I've worked for so far. As far as what it is willing to do for the client. I appreciated the experience that I had with this company it taught an awful lot about the business world in general. I would definitely recommend it for a person who is hard-working, dedicated and willing to work. You definitely have to be willing to work for the client.
Pros
Oft-times plenty of work if you're dedicated.
Cons
Sometimes a lack of consideration for the workers.