Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Officer

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 14,498 reviews
Terrible Management
Officer (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJuly 10, 2019
God awful management style. Officers paychecks were consistently incorrect at a site when some people were working upwards of 64-72 hrs weekly. Imagine working all of that overtime, trying to help, and then it is not in your paycheck. Management says; "Oops", and you will be lucky to receive the missing pay in a week or two. Site was constantly understaffed with terrible hiring practices. Management also took weeks to return any phone calls or emails, if they were ever returned at all. Terrible company to work for, I suggest going elsewhere.
Needs better managment
Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2019
The milwaukee base allied needs better management SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! I seen favoritism & racism at the job site (411 E Wisconsin Ave) unprofessional supervisors
Pros
Free uniform cleaning
Cons
Short breaks. Rude clients. Hot summer uniforms
Training on harassment within
Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
Very sad company. Harassment is very strong, and nothing been done about it. 5 cases I know, and nothing was done. Training is greatly needed with Management and supervisors.
Security Officer
Officer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I have been posted to work at Air Industry Company in Garden Grove,California. I do Outside as well as Inside Petrol. I follow security procedures. I fulfill client's satisfaction.
Abundance of work, flexible, median wage, provide uniforms and some benefits.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 5, 2019
This employer would be ranked in top compared with similar employers. If you are looking for a Security Officer job I can recommend A.U.S.S.
There is an abundance of work. The managers are flexible with scheduling and culture. Diversity is not a problem. There are many choices and jobsite selections.
Comparable with other Security Companies with the same industry standards, such as; Gated Communities or vehicle access security.
Benefits are offered, however, it is not a full benefits package.
You can work your way up in the company. Advancement within is common and attainable.
Pros
Free uniforms and never out of work.
Cons
You will need supplemental retirement and pay for your own approved time off.
Learned Alot
Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 12, 2018
This job was a learning experience as security and because of it I was or had going into a security for a career choice. I am still considering doing that in the future.
Don't do it.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 5, 2018
Just don't. Especially in Evansville. The management will make you want to quit as soon as you get there.They are rude, will immediantly trash talk you to other employees and they will set guidelines but not follow them.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Management.
Review
Officer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 24, 2018
Family life is not important to this company and management does a lot of backstabbing and hold unprofessional grudges. The company seemed like a factory and not a place that was for their employees.
a typical day
Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
Overall the job is great. Just want to explore more and better opportunities here within the company. So I would like to learn more from different places
Great First Security Job!
Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 24, 2018
Fresh out of Security School. Was a great first company. Really want to get back in with them. Great company. Really miss the mall cop experience. Nothing else like it.
Company is struggles communicating with customers and employees
Officer (Former Employee) –  New YorkJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work was a pleasure. I learned about different software running on old hardware. Management was, well I am at a loss for words. Workplace culture was professional. The hardest part of the job was being creative enough to do the work with little management support. The most enjoyable part of the job was shift change.
Horrible Company
Officer (Current Employee) –  SCJune 14, 2018
No paid time off or sick days. Rough time getting supplies that are needed to do the job and adhere to the companies own policies. Pay is horrible. Little to no balance.
Company dosen't back you up
Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2018
If kissing the clients butt was a sport. This company would be on top of the game. This company will not support you. They get paid by the client, even if the client cant tell it's nose from its butt!!! Say something derogatory about the client, and that's your butt.
Pros
Get to sleep on the job
Cons
Pay
Its a McJob
Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland oregonFebruary 4, 2018
This company is a freaking joke! They are at this point just a conglomerate of all the different security companies they have bought, and they've lost the best parts of all of them and kept the worst. I left when they bought Guardsmark out, Guardsmark was a good company to work for. Once it became universal it got bad so I left. Returned a couple years later cause I needed something steady. With my 22 YEARS experience (15 as a supervisor) they signed me to a $14 an hour, 40 hour position offer sheet, which I felt was low but I accepted it. After my orientation, I was informed that the position I had accepted was only 24 hours a week, at MINIMUM WAGE. When I mentioned the offer sheet, the hiring manager just said, "I forgot to change that." This company is a joke. They buy the cheapest equipment, the cheapest uniforms, and they'll pay a 22 year career officer with 15 years supervisor experience MINIMUM WAGE, and tell him he should be grateful for it. Needless to say, I'm looking for something better, and they'll get no notice when I find it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WILL ALLIED UNIVERSAL!
Pros
None.
Cons
Absolutely the worst company that ever existed.
Excellent
Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Exceptional place to work as a security officer. Good schedule availability. Great co-coworkers and supervisors. Excellent place where I've met many people from all over the world.
Work station was great, but management was lacking
Officer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 2, 2018
I hired on as part-time, but was working 40 hours a week without benefits. I was scheduled 10 days in a row, but was refused overtime compensation. Not sure why I was singled out for this treatment unless it was my age. I finally got the message and left for a better position.
Pros
Pay, work environment, coworkers, duty station
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling, poor managment
Low wages, no benefits, no raises, offer bonus but never give one
Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2018
My site supervisor is amazing and my site is great. That is where the positives end. They do not take care of their officers. I started at $2/hr more than minimum wage but now min. wage has surpassed my starting wage. I have never received a raise since I started, have never made enough to pay for benefits. They offer bonuses for referrals but you never get the bonuses. I stopped referring people. VERY high turn-over in officer staff and administration so you never have support. You have to go through your local administration office with absolutely no contact with the actual company office so when there is a problem locally you have no avenue to receive assistance. Always short staffed and always losing contracts. This company is a mess. I have been trying to leave since I started but have not found another job and I have experience in other fields.
Pros
You can get a good site.
Cons
Too many to list.
Not a good work environment
Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City Missouri Country Club PlazaNovember 25, 2017
Eyewitness a manager sexually harassed a female officer.The site Supervisor was horrible and have any personal skills very inappropriate with customer base shoppers. Also lied continuously on reports falsifying documentation saying that they were stopping shoplifters when they were not stopping shoplifters. Horrible place to work for Allied on the Plaza management was eyes were closed then a lot of negative things downgraded officers very racially motivated worksite I would never recommend anyone to work on the Plaza. When approaching management they deny the racial problem but there is no black supervisors are allowed on the Kansas City Missouri Country Club Plaza there is no black management allowed. The black officers minority officers are treated like criminals and thieves their fault on CTV by management instructed their management instructs dispatches to follow black officers on the camera.
Pros
Non
Cons
Horrible management
No Upward progression
Officer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 23, 2017
No matter how much you put into the company, you won't receive even a quarter in return. Being promoted without a pay raise and being told you would never receive a raise is very discouraging.
Place is terrible to work for
Officer (Former Employee) –  Delphi, INNovember 7, 2017
Management sucks terrible environment. If your not in their group or kissing their butts they will make working there a terrible experience. Also family is running it and that isn't right