Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 14,504 reviews
Good but not Great
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2019
This is a company focused on growing faster than it can manage, which makes working for them a roller coaster ride of hyper stress and extreme boredom. The management is hit and miss, with competent managers overshadowed and passed over by incompetent managers on a regular basis. It’s a “who you know” company, not a “what you know” company.
not a place to grow
Operations Supervisor/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 3, 2019
this company do not promote from within you can be a security for 20 years and don't get the opportunity to grow only way to grow is to know someone on the inside or be ex law enforcement which is stupid law enforcement already made their pension give the opportunity to someone who really earns it.
Pros
always a secuirty job available
Cons
not professional
Great place to learn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2019
Excellent place to climb the ladder. Everybody is paid differently, which sucks. On the account managed side, managers are compensated fairly well and have a manageable workload. On the remote managed side, managers are so overworked and underpaid that they unofficially call it a hazing. No Operations Managers are expected to last more than 18 months, but Account Managers can last years. Most promotion happens from within the company.
Pros
Can be competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Huge variety in pay, benefits, and workload
AlliedBarton
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 19, 2019
AlliedBarton is a decent enough company. They allow for a lot of internal promotions and give everyone an opportunity to learn and grow within the company.
Large Security in America that an employee can be ignored in.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2019
They are not connected to their clients or employees anymore. It is all done by formulas to meet financial goals. There is very little personal connect between management/supervision and employees. Management does have time for this as they are trying to meet company goals.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 15, 2019
I would have to say I learn something new everyday. Flexibility in schedule along with being trusted to do my job with little or no supervision. Being able to have the support to accomplish the mission.
Great culture
Account Manager and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2019
AUS has a culture and values that align with my own. I would recommend Allied Universal to people looking for flexible employment for school, retired individuals looking for work, or anyone who is interested in a solid career with advancement opportunities.
I enjoy working for this company and will continue if positions are available.
Account Manager of Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2018
You as a manager get a chance to see security operations from many points of view, you learn how to adapt and overcome with daily and weekly changes without any warning and you do your very best to keep the client happy.
Annual raises
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 24, 2018
I enjoy every aspect of my job. I have learned how to work with a lot of different personalities on the job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when all my officers go home without any issues. The hardest part of my job is when I have to remove an officer from the site. I never like to see an officer lose his or her employment.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
Pay for the officers should increase annually
Great place to work but major rehaul is required in terms of benefit programs
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 2, 2018
The cost for benefits is far too high for the average American family. You should expect to pay quite a bit for your basic health care coverage needs for your family.
Excellent
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work consists of numerous meetings, calls and unexpected situations that must be responded to in a timely manner. The ability to work remote is essential.
Productive and fun workplace with new age tech culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 20, 2018
Located in the hustle and bustle of downtown the work places area bit tight squeezed and can be described as new edge and techy, with a fun and energetic atmosphere.
Pros
micro kitchens and cafe
Cons
parking
Saftey and Security of day to day operations
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2018
Review all paperwork, access issues, alarms and day to day operations.

Continue to improve and enforce all rules and regulation of the client and security company

Daily review and evaluation of employee performance

Have weekly meeting with Client on to ensure all employees and officers are being compliant with regulations

Review and improve all Operations Procedures and Regulations

May sure we are up on all training modules from Client and Security company

Make sure we all give 100% customer service
Overworked and Little Pay
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 23, 2018
I was on call 24/7 and was still told that I wasn't working enough hours. I have 3 small children and work-life balance is very important to me. They are also a billion dollar company and at one point hadn't given their management staff raises in about 7 years then took away the bonus program. I was overworked and under paid.
Pros
They believe in career advancement
Cons
They care more about the business then they do their employees.
they dont care about their employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Branch, LAApril 10, 2018
They throw you under the bus They try to press felony charges on you when they know whats going on then lie to you after you pay them $1200 and they keep the charges going. Just to name a few.

This place sucks to work at!! They will leave you high and dry for 2 weeks and then expect you to be happy with the situation you were stuck in!
Dedicated Staff with low incentives
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work but there is low moral, due to lack of ability to support family with the salary given plus the over priced medical offered. Compatible companies offer 15 grand more a year for the same job and there is only an offer of maybe a 3% raise if your location office make enough money.
Great company at heart needs to invest in there middle tier managers a bit more if they expect to have them stay with the company.
High Expectations
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 14, 2018
Company is a result of a merger of two large security companies. The business model was the result of an outside consulting firm, which set unrealistic expectations on the people in the field
Office staff
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2018
Nice people in the office a real team. All are willing to help with extra coverage for events and are always willing to listen when the day becomes challenging.
Allied Universal
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I feel like there is a lot of micromanaging going on and the company is growing too fast for its own good. You are always overworked and never given a chance to get a raise or to advance in the company. The work life balance is very stressful and almost all leaning towards working.
Good management but challenging work-life balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2018
Every day was chaotic and stressful. Operations Managers are expected to manage 370 employees and 68 client sites with minimal support. This causes the Operations Manager to work 12-16 hour days to keep up with the 250 emails, 30 calls, and countless text messages they receive each day. Even though this is stressful, helping employees out is rewarding. I would recommend working at Allied Universal, but I would not recommend being an Operations Manager.