Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Safety Director

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 14,519 reviews
excellent company with room to grow.
security supervisor /fire and life safety director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2018
excellent manager, 24 hours support with a team improvement. there is not much I can say bad about the company but the site demands too much for too little.
Pros
manager that will help you achieve your best.
Cons
site demands too much without compensation.
it is not a bad job
Fire safety director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of checking in with the people on each floor that would be your extension in case of an emergency. Exploring the building making sure it is up to fire code and reviewing upcoming changes to laws and building codes.
Fair Company To Work For
Fire & Life Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Allied Universal is a great company to work for. There are some issues with site availability for Fire & Life Safety Directors, but as for pay rate and medical benefits...par for the course...EXCELLENT!
Pros
Excellent Pay and Medical Benefits
Cons
Lack of site availability for Fire Safety Directors
working
Life and Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Allied Universal security services have been a great life changing and learning experience for me over the past serval year of me working with this company
hard but reward job
Fire and Life Safety/Emergency Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
It is very fast pace and the politic in the area is cutthoat. You have some supervor that are always on your back and some that do not even care. what can i say.
Corrupt management
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
Human Resources is biased. They will take the word of corrupt managers who have an agenda to put their own people in place. I had an incident where a manager lied and said I threatened him. Without any witnesses human resources took his word and they took me off my site without finding me another place to work and the manager put someone who wanted my position in my place. I told human resources about the mangers behavior with other employees who could corroborate my claim and still nothing was done. If I did not have a union to fight for me I would be in trouble. No telling how many others who don't have representation have been taken advantage of.
Don't like sitting waiting for work is unprofessional
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
I have found that in my experience with Allied Universal that althouth they post jobs on job web sites I don't get any calls for work and I end up spending countless weeks sitting home doing nothing. Only to be told that these m anagers reserve the right to choose whom ever they want instead of loyal dedicated people that have been there through out and that have reported to work on time and that have gone beyond to perform there jobs only to be over looked when we need work
Pros
When i'm working it's good
Cons
don't like sitting waiting for work when jobs are posted
Review of company
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
Company has gone thru merger, which has created some difficulty, but a great place to start out. You can learn a lot and develop excellent skills, and obtain a great amount of knowledge which i have.
Pros
Opportunities to develop new skills.
Cons
lack of health benefits
Very stressful environment
Security Officer & Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Greenlawn, NYMay 12, 2017
Very long hours, very stressful. The managers don't care about the workers. The workplace culture was very tense and strict. Nobody cares to work as a team.
Pros
Free water
Cons
managers, work culture, top management
A good security company.
Fire Safety Director / Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Hiring process is long and cumbersome. But once you are in it, you will like the company. Payment is good and accurate. Some supervisors are good but some are indifferent, sometimes unfriendly. Overall a good employer.
Best Security Company in the United States
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Allied Barton The staff is great to work with. The Training is the best you can get! Take the job. You won't work for a better Company.
Pros
Lots of opertunity for advancement and relocation
Cons
Varies depending on your post
Great Place to Work
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2016
great management and work environment. worked in the restaurant area and enjoy every part of the job. provide assistant to all workers and work as a team
Excellent place to learn and develop.
Security & Life Safety Director: CitiBank-BUSA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2015
AlliedBarton Security Services maintains the highest levels of professionalism and efficiency. AB offers countless opportunities to learn, develop and advance your skill set. They believe strongly in training their staff in all aspects, which ultimately produces the best product. I highly recommend AB for low to mid level security and management professionals.
my site is a very good woking place
Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
the site i work is a very good place to work. the management are wonderful the tenant are great people to work with and my co worker and are hard working individual and the hardest part of the job is standing for a long time. the most enjoyable part of the job is taken charge of the situation if there is an emergency and how people respond to you during the situation.
lost job site,did not give me new site,tried to deny unemployement
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2012
i was a fire safety director at manhattan civil court my day started with an inspection of the bldgs fire alarm system making sure no alarms had been activated during the night checking with central alarm station,visual insp of tenent flrs for lighting stairwell,fire extinguishers electrical closets and mechanical rms and elevators are functioning properly,working with court officers assisting the public locate court rooms and playing public advocate listening to peoples complaints,it felt as if i was more social worker than fire safety director.i enjoyed helping anyone and co-workers were very friendly and co-operative when it came to fire prevention and safety.
Pros
i didnt have a proper lunch break, but i was free to move around bldg.
Cons
city occupied bldgs are different from private bldgs. rules are lax