Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Found 2,176 reviews matching the search See all 14,213 reviews
Horrible work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2019
Didn't enjoy working two years and get no raise or anything of that nature. They asked me for uniform sizes about 4 times and I never seen an actual uniform come in
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 13, 2019
The workplace culture is very well structured and organized between security guards. Most enjoyable part are co-workers, and responsibility of tasks completed by security guards.
Cons
short breaks
A company that does not value all of their employees.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 13, 2019
I would not recommend this company to my friends or family because they do not value their on call employees. The hours were long sometime, and in the summer required to be in direct sun and heat.
Good place to work and get experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2019
Could pay more, need more direct policies in place
Schedule is great and flexible
I like working here my co-workers are great there's not much more to say
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orange, caJune 12, 2019
It was a great position and had a lot of opportunity for the workers with multiple sites and locations to work at bad thing is most of it is graveyard so if you like staying up late that’s the job for you
Terrible Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2019
This company lacks communication between departments and department heads. I was terminated for taking a leave of absence. I informed my current manager of the dates I would be out and there was a new manager upon my return. He told me that since he is new he didn't grant me permission to be out on leave and terminated me.
Fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento,caJune 11, 2019
I loved working here it is a relaxed n fun environment at all sites , I feel anyone of all ages would enjoy this type of job . There are inside n outside post .
fun place to work if you are entering the security industy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2019
It all depends on which site you are being placed

culture is diverse in which I love about working for the company

I learned that you have to be patient and persistent with your work otherwise it will not look good

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are nothing but positive
Depends on the site your assigned to. Can be relaxing or stressful at times
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2019
Over all Not a bad place to work depending on your financial needs. They do try to accommodate you if possible. Many job sites to chose from all over the Tampa area.
good job
Security Guard, Customer Service Liaison (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2019
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
 Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
So-so company. I wouldn't work for them again.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2019
As I said in another review, my job was to observe and report any odd activity that I noticed during my job. Normally, my job was quiet, but it could get interesting if there was any chemical issues at the plant I worked at.
Bad
Gate Security Guard (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 3, 2019
Being a security guard at the old Lukens Steel Plant in Coatesville, PA was bad. It was extremely difficult to get drivers to stop for anything even a passing train. Evenings, weekends and holidays were extreme boredom. Pay is not much higher than minimum wage.
Pros
Lots of hours if you love to work.
Cons
Low pay. Lack of respect.
Good company
Security Guard / Commission Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2019
Good company to work for..I refer friends and family to work for Allied they get paid weekly. This is an easy company to get hired on. Job sites are friendly.
They suck
Lead Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2019
They are a unfair company they do not care if you have a family,there unprofessional hire any one that will work for them. They are unorganized and always confused on were they want to staff there associate.they need a lot of work
Pros
No pros
Cons
They suck
Overbearing Supervisor and unprofessional workplace
Security Guard (Field Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 30, 2019
The entire time that I worked here I was harassed by my supervisor because of his rank and standing with the company. Anytime that I complained they told me they’d handle it and nothing ever happened.
The workplace was based on favoritism and employees being suck ups. No one ever got fired for things that were stated in the SOP they just got a slap on the hand and nothing else.
The insurance offered cost an arm and a leg and would deduct $40 from each pay check.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, expensive healthcare, unprofessional
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2019
This position was slow pace, the locations had many security officers. Many of the officers want to manage locations so they may find time to throw you under the bus. Be aware.
Pros
Sit down job
Cons
Not so great co workers
they have 40+ hre available
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2019
Working at Allied has been difficult at times. If you are under a manager who cares then it is hard. Under a good manager and all is fine. They need to pay guards more money. The answer is always that the client wont pay more but someone is making money.
Its a alright place
Security Guard for the MTA (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMay 29, 2019
The site is alright to work but management is unorganized and not caring of employees. I worked at the site for a year and i had different account manager who cared about their employees and some who dont as i said very unorganized now
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Great managers, bad supervisor
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 29, 2019
Worked for 1 year. Management was great site supervisor not so much. Supervisor came from another company and wanted to get his friends into the place he was. So I got the boot.
Love the job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEMay 28, 2019
The Job is chalanging, I love the fast pace, I love to learn new things. However the pay is not, I have been here 6 months and I did not get a raise they do not do reviews
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
not good pay