Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Found 6,860 reviews matching the search See all 14,280 reviews
Not a good place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2019
Poor management all around. HR resources won’t get the job done. Had a hard trying to move up. Turnover rates higher than the risk of diabetes. Wouldn’t do it
Find another Job and thank me later
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2019
Corporate office need to send someone to the Houston Office to see how unorganized the staff is and why such a high turn arround no vacation or sick time no matter how long you are employed. Good luck. with raises company makes all the money. Try High end security for better results
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 25, 2019
I loved the job and the people I worked with. Enjoyed the job duties and the hours. It takes a little while to work up to a promotion, but it is usually worth it.
Work overload low pay
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2019
This job wants you to do so much for so little. One of my supervisor is a complete jerk. He shows favoritism towards some women and if he doesn't care for you, he treats you like dirt. The managers never wants to solve the problem, just get rid of you.
The work experience that I've had with this company has been really great, and knowledgable.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 25, 2019
I've been trained on being accountable, vigilant, and cooperative. My responsibilities entailed entry, alarm detection, and clerical to say the least.
Don't Recommend this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2019
No, Further comments I would just give a word of advise stay clear of all security companies in Vegas they all operate the same was not a good situation.
Pros
Their are none.
Cons
People Calling Out At Post And No Coverage, Unwanted overtime.
Don’t Work For Them In Atlanta.!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2019
Had health issues and was terminated because I was in the hospital for a few days. Notified my manager and he didn’t care at all. Due to my phone being off and my family couldn’t contact him, he terminated me. I had my discharge papers and everything. The locations they send you to aren’t worth the low pay and some of the employees are GHETTO.!!!! They don’t follow the dress code && everyone knows everybody’s business. MESSY.!!!!!!!
A job that you just keep going to
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2019
Site supervisors are out to write you up for tiny things that aren’t relevant to the job criteria. You don’t get your full 40 hours that you start out with, they’re cut constantly. Also you get random assignments on your off days that make you feel as if you are a flex officer but don’t get paid as one.
Extremely simple and easy job.
Eden Praire - Security Officer(SuperValu) (Current Employee) –  SuperValuJune 23, 2019
A typical day of work is sitting at the desk and doing patrols while also monitoring camera feed. Being on standby to assist client calls while also locking up certain areas of the building.
Long hours for minimal pay with very little chance for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 22, 2019
The job itself is enjoyable. There are many challenges to the job on a daily basis. Overall, it really boils down to being understaffed and undervalued by the company I represent. I have never called off or ever been late.
Pros
My manager is the best. I don't work weekends. I get to see my fiancé.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, poor benefits, non-existent union representation, no paid holidays, no chance for advancement
Avoid the games
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 22, 2019
Experienced horrible workings conditions and long unpaid hours. The manager was only concerned with placing guards to fulfill a customers order of that guard. They neglect guards on assignments.
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 22, 2019
Poor management lack of professionalism. Lack of communication. Lack of training. No confidentiality. No room for advancement of you are not in the good old boy click
Start up company with terrible dress codes
Momentum security officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2019
There uniform is completely uncalled for they make you dress in a clothing that make you feel like your in a constant heat wave . I understand the client wants us to wear it not the company. But the company doesn't even try to argue or bargain it. Allied Universal Security is a good company to start with if you dont have your license but I recommend finding a new company later on
Steady workflow
Allied Universal Security Officer (Current Employee) –  199 water streetJune 21, 2019
Just do your job
Pray you get a good supervisor
Don't get too comfortable
The client is always right
Be attentive of your environment
Be careful what you say and who you say it to
I will say it was decent just not my cup of tea
Security officer for venues (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 21, 2019
It was a good job at the beginning then they get on to you about almost every single thing, if you barely rest they say you are not doing your job....
Pros
Cons
Just gotta deal with managers and supervisors being pricks
pay your employees more
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJune 21, 2019
when i was full time time your pay terrible, some site get raises some dont, some are low wages , so have high, that not right , especially the amount of hours alot of us put in .alot of burns ourselves out and cant work that type schedule anymore , thus your revolving door.
Keeps your head above water
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2019
It's not a bad job for people who are young and/or don't have families, but it's not a lot of room for advancement. They pay isn't exactly going to get you a house, or put your kids through college. It's basically a stepping stine, not a career.
I do not recommend!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDJune 20, 2019
It is Security, a thankless, high stress, low pay job, that seems to encourage backstabbing and favoritism. They treat their Officers like disposable trash. Why would I recommend a job like this? Nobody should put up with that!
Pros
It is a job that pays
Cons
Everything else
never follows their own rules
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 19, 2019
company does not use their own equipment or processes properly. Company will work you without renewing your license.
Company does not follow their own safety rules.
very good work environment
Security (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 19, 2019
Work environment was very good .challenging but very good and I was able to accept the challenge and work at the site comfortably the job was close to home