Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Security Specialist

Found 423 reviews matching the search See all 14,231 reviews
Productive and fun work place.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  101 N BrandJune 18, 2019
You get to learn a lot of new things here like how to sharpen your customer skill services and you learn how to interact with people on a professional level.
It’s just negative
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 17, 2019
Coworkers suck all they do is call bad bout you behind you’re back and cost issues with fellow guards. Management is the worst they don’t care about you at all or your issues.
Pros
Eat on the job. Somewhat freedom
Cons
Management and coworkers
Sc
Security professional (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 12, 2019
I enjoy my time working with Allied Universal. I'm a college student, my supervisor is very flexible about my schedule and the workplace is more like a family.
Typical security company.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2019
Allied is a typical guard company, low pay, expensive healthcare and the required annual licensing that can be expensive (if you work at a city/county post) which requires an unpaid full-day of training (two days the first year) which they'll take out of your first check. Likewise, you'll pay for your uniforms, while they'll guess your size, send them to your post and expect you to look professional.

Posts responsibilities vary from post to post. Expect to walk ...and walk some more doing hourly rounds. (Part of the job.) Many times working alone in not so great of neighborhoods. That said, most posts don't allow for carrying weapons. ( Again, varied by post.) Training is minimal. No paid time off, and if your client (post) takes extended holiday vacations, you take one too....unpaid. If not, you do get a small bump in holiday pay for the holiday only. Raises were .50 a year with limited opportunities for advancement.

I had three managers during my tenure, two of which were terrible but the last one actually cared about his crew. Fellow employees varied from lazy slackers to psycho cop-wanna-be's to some good working schlubs like myself just putting in the hours.

I can't recommend them as I've been told by other officers - during the annual training sessions - that comparable security companies pay for their employees license, uniform and start out at a higher wage.

Nuff said.
Pros
Protection of client employees and property can offer a sense of pride and fulfillment.
Cons
Employee paid licenses and uniforms; no sick/personal pay; low starting wage.
Insurance is not cheap.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJune 11, 2019
Great place to work at. Management and everyone that worked there are great. You become part of a family. Job can be fast paced at certain times and other times can be relaxed. I didn't want to leave but it came down to insurance benefits. I couldn't afford them.
The managers where bending to the will of the client even when the client was in the wrong.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 8, 2019
A typical work day would be Driving/ walking around the property occasionally running into PD or people.Management would bend to the will of the client even when the client was wrong, they would change reports that officers have written.
Ehhh
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 4, 2019
I loved working here while I was pregnant. Easy stuff, but now it’s the most boring job I have ever had. A possible advancement would make it worth it. But there’s barely any opportunity.
Pros
Easy work, good schedule
Cons
No advancement, slow raises, poor management
Not a good example of the industry despite claims.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 1, 2019
In my two years with Allied as a contract officer, I couldn't have been less impressed. My account manager did payroll, scheduling, and training on site so the supervisor above him didn't have to (not by choice). That position by the way (Flex Manager) was held by no less than five people in the time I was employed with them. They never did their job or took responsibility for anything the company should have been doing for the client. Instead, I personally trained no less than 15 new recruits (which we asked for experienced) in a three month span.For a weekend only position(2 nights a week). No one wanted to work, and the company simply let them be that way without consequence. I worked, on average, 6 days a week half of both years I worked with them to compensate for their ineptitude. This does not even cover that it took three months to set up direct deposit. Not because of bank trouble, but the Human Resources agent simply left my forms in my employee file and never bothered. Uniforms would come occasionally when asked, but frequently we bought our own pants to save time and efficiency. This from the self-touted "Second biggest security company in the industry" My eHub and employee information, which was our only way to deal with everything from vacation requests to pay stubs to tax information, I couldn't access until I called three chains up in the company, because NO ONE knew how to fix it. When I got the right person, they saw, right away, that they had mistyped by birth date and because they goofed a single digit, i couldn't login and not a single person I spoke toverfied  more... this when they asked for AND received that information until I got to a much higher management tier.
I will NEVER work for them again.
Most security companies are questionable, but this one is straight up bad.
Pros
Great if you don't want to do anything to get paid I guess
Cons
No discipline, no consistency, abuse of employment when possible, unreliable in every area as an employer
Security Guard
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAMay 29, 2019
As a security guard, your job duties entail a lot. Lots of driving and walking, talking to people, but maintaining a professional and courteous service. With that said, some times issues seemed far above the pay grade and could escalate very quickly.
Poor job/life balance.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 22, 2019
Management expects you to be on call 24/7.,They try to cheat you of your vacation., I ended up stuck in a schedual were the normal hours was only 30 per a week ,but I worked 6 days a week. It was that or back to back 12 hr shifts to make up for some idiot they hired and wventually terminated., There hadn't even a Thank you for making sacrifaces for the team., I had to take a job with another company to get a job with descent hours.
Pros
Paid lunch times. They are huge and have lots of accounts.
Cons
Poor life/work balance., You can get a descent post or a very bad of a post. It depends on luck., Once management locks you into a post there is little chance of improving your lot.
great
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2019
I was assigned to an office building. I did front desk clerical and patrol duties. The account manager was very nice. It was okay working environment there.
ProActive
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2019
Makes being at work feel like a walk in the park. You don’t ever know what to expect. Something new everyday and every second is something different. Makes it all worth wanting to help the people whom we serve on a daily basis.
Worse Security Company
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 22, 2019
They made false promises of raises that never happen. Operations Manager of where I worked got banned from site for harassing a fellow security guard by trying to find something to fire him for.
Officer Manager had to come and apologize to the client on her behalf. Company doesn't care about how professional their guards are.
Pros
Cons
No Raises, No Paid time off, No Paid Vacations
If you need help, you won't get
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 22, 2019
The employer showed clear bias towards certain employees over others. When I needed time off I couldn't get help, and despite numerous complaints about a supervisor abusing his authority and taking advantage of workers, nothing was done.
Good place to work.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2019
Set hours and days, no possible overtime at current post.Hours available if i request at other sites. Supervisor will come by site as needed, inspections done every 30 to 45 days.
Pros
Set schedule.
Cons
Schedule hours, 1700 to 0100.
Great Company and site location
Security Professional Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 17, 2019
To secure a challenging position in security management in a company that can utilize my growth in the security industry. With 8yrs of experience in security background and 4yrs of security management. Experienced in training day to day operations, scheduling, 504 hours of payroll, incident reports and providing world class client and employee relationships.
No Growth Opportunity
Receptionist/Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 17, 2019
Very hard to grow on the company, and the job sites are not really flexible with the hours. some sites you have to work over 13 hours a day with just a 30 min break.
Revolving Door
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAApril 13, 2019
The management claims to be looking for employees to fill open positions, but doesn't. The pay is all over the place, and not equal between sites/positions.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay raises do not happen unless you beg for them, some sites the supervisor does not know how to do their job, The assistant doesn't get compensated for doing the work of the supervisor, Little to no room for advancement unless you are willing to travel 3 or more hours from your home.
everyone there is professional
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2019
everyone works as a team to make sure the day goes by smoothly management gives there input but lets the employees handle most of the work to install trust among the workers
Pros
healthy work environment
Cons
excessive standing
Co-workers to involved in one anothers personal lives, instead of providing good service to clients.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 9, 2019
Workplace culture is horrible. It seemed as if there were two different security companies working in the same facility. Favoritism was a definite factor, which did not make it a good work environment.